• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coasterpedia and Tilt-A-Wiki (news)

speedy

TS Member
Hello everyone,

Seeing as there's little going on in the amusement park world as we get ready for Christmas, I thought it would be a good time to share my own project with you, as it's going to be a bit different for the new year!

I am in the process of merging Coasterpedia and Tilt-A-Wiki together. Once this is finished, Coasterpedia will document both roller coasters, and all other sorts of rides - flat rides, water rides and tracked rides. Previously, Coasterpedia and Tilt-A-Wiki were two separate projects, I hope by merging them together their content can be better integrated, avoiding duplication and making the whole thing easier to maintain.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, or a happy holiday however you're spending it. I also want to thank anyone reading this who has contributed to Coasterpedia in the past as I know some TowersStreet members have. Anyone is welcome to add to it, we're also always looking for more photos whether you wish to release them under a Creative Commons license or prefer to retain the rights to them.

Have a look here: https://coasterpedia.net

I had the idea to create this after @Rick shared his own website, so if you haven't already do take a look here.

Great stuff @speedy! I look forward to the update and would love to continue contributing to the site under its new identity!

On a side note, is there any way I could change my username on the site?

Great stuff @speedy! I look forward to the update and would love to continue contributing to the site under its new identity!

On a side note, is there any way I could change my username on the site?
It'll still be Coasterpedia, so you can keep doing exactly what you do now :)

I'll look into changing a username but I think it's fairly easy

This might be a stupid question but what's the difference between Coasterpedia and the Roller Coaster Database?
Edit: I've just tried going on Tilt-A-Wiki and my browser is warning me that the website is not secure.

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question but what's the difference between Coasterpedia and the Roller Coaster Database?
Edit: I've just tried going on Tilt-A-Wiki and my browser is warning me that the website is not secure.
The website for Tilt-a-Wiki is htts://tiltawiki.net is it still giving you an error? However all the pages are already ported over to Coasterpedia, I just need to move the images over so you can just use Coasterpedia to view everything

Not a stupid question at all! l didn't actually start Coasterpedia, but I've been running it for around six and a half years. Previously, it was located on the website "Fandom" (formerly Wikia). However at least now I see the aim of the project is to combine the encyclopedic nature of Wikipedia with the scope of RCDB. In fact, our coverage is now greater than RCDB since Coasterpedia covers travelling coasters and now "flat" rides as well. In my opinion, it complements the RCDB

I can access that page without being warned of security threats. By the way, my username on Coasterpedia is the same as on Towers Street