• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Conflicts

This closed season has been weird. I suppose it has been helped by am influx of new members driven by social activities due to Nemesis/Duel happenings. It's like the season never ended (seeing them crack on with Nemesis the day after fireworks was unusual) but we're all unable to go and get the adrenaline fix easily.

I think the mods nail it. TST is by far the friendliest I've witnessed. The other day was 11 years since my first meet with you lovely folks (albeit under the TTF banner) and I've changed posting style a lot (from young and eager to grumpy cave dweller) but the (high) quality of moderation has stayed the same. It's like an Ashens video: various things may change but at the end of the day, the brown sofa remains consistent.

It has been a wild one for sure. I have enjoyed the up's and the downs and am glad I'm on this forum, rather than any other for said ride. 1000 times over. Sorta feel at home on here, ya know. The sarcasm and what not aside, I think things have been pretty good. Obviously some of the sarcasm is friendly jibes, which is good somewhat, others not so.

I think we will potentially see things settle down once the parks open, a new influx of posters is always bound to cause a bit of chaos, which it has. But overall, it is a good thing as the forums are alive, much more than some others. I guess it just takes time for all these new posters to settle into the way things are done around here. This has been amplified due to (I think?) quite a large influx of new users.

Good topic.

For me I have been a member of various forums, pre TS. And this is by far the best forum. Nicely moderated and some good contributions.

I have noticed recently though a surge in, what I can only assume, are younger members sprouting to know it all.

There are members on here I am sure who know things via work (I'm one for instance) but leave this at the door. We are now however getting a wave of 'I know best, your wrong' posts, which are ruining the flow of discussions.

@Craig I commend your moderating so far. You've let topics flow after pages of shit. I'm not sure how you can stop this without stifling debate and free speech.

Perhaps we can hope this is a wave, 3 major projects at once is very rare, and by it's nature will cause more interest in sites like ours. Hopefully things will die down and new members will settle in likes us old gits.

I would say this change in tone is cultural though. Look all over Facegram and Tikbook and its full of forced opinions and lack of constructive discussion.

Kids of today hey...

'Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.'
George Orwell.
Jeez, Orwell and Alvin Toffler on a Saturday coaster chat...about time we had a bit of culture in the topics.

Last edited:
Having read through the topic I'm grateful for the openness and honesty of everyone's input.

Just as a reminder; if you have concerns about a persistent tone of response to your own posts, please flag this to the team.

The forum is well known to be generally tongue-in-cheek, and we are accepting of this as a general community atmosphere. If, however, your experience is that each of your posts (or a large majority) is being met with a particular response in tone or language, please reach out.

TowersStreet aims to be welcoming and inclusive. I am happy to review things from a different perspective if anyone has concerns.

Ive just seen there's been some especially angsty posts in the Nemesis topic insisiting their view is right recently. For what it's worth, that's clearly outside the sort of well intended but repetitive behaviour I was sympathising with in the original post. Id hope others won't paint those with healthy skeptical views with the same brush as this.
The forum is well known to be generally tongue-in-cheek, and we are accepting of this as a general community atmosphere. If, however, your experience is that each of your posts (or a large majority) is being met with a particular response in tone or language, please reach out.
I think this sums up what I was getting at, Im grateful to read it!

Last edited:
It appears to me that some people are forgetting this is a discussion forum, placed here for the very purposes of discussion, and thus people are entitled to their post and air their opinions, and even their opinions of other peoples opinions too. This... is discussion (well, when its done constructively too!).

If you come to a discussion forum expecting to air your opinion and not be challenged, questioned, agreed or disagreed with, then why are you here?!

A phrase I've been introduced to recently is "strong opinions loosely held" - that its good to have strong opinions, but for gawds sakes, hold your opinions loosely and be receptive to others opinions too - just because it is your opinion doesn't make it any more or less valid than others, nor does it make it correct either.

I’ve seen some poor decisions made lately where I feel they have gone against me. It all feels one sided, I appreciate others will not agree with that.

It has become apparent that some are replying to others in posts and getting off topic, and should that be reported, it’s not being acted on.

I’ve seen some poor decisions made lately where I feel they have gone against me. It all feels one sided, I appreciate others will not agree with that.

It has become apparent that some are replying to others in posts and getting off topic, and should that be reported, it’s not being acted on.
As discussed with you privately, we're happy to review examples where you feel that's the case. If you'd like to drop a message to a team member with said examples, we're happy to take a look and advise.

By the very nature of human conversations, they will go off topic, especially when the forum prides itself on a laid back and chilled out feel which allows conversations to flow.

There's members expectations that we are all expected to comply with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conversations wander off topic, they are not on rails, it is what conversations do.
The mods are very good at gently nudging things back on line, they always have done a fair job ( for zero remuneration) in setting boundaries.
I have never reported a post simply for being off topic, and I have never "had a decision go against me" in seven years on the site, simply never had an issue.
Posts are sometimes pulled, and I can generally see why, but, to my mind, there has been very little to complain about on this welcoming, free, open, well managed forum site.
With the greatest of respect, if you have had so many issues, so early on, maybe this style of open speaking forum is simply not for you.

Last edited:
I totally agree with what @rob666 has stated here. This is a community and whilst I have never met any if the people on here, or been to a meet, do feel a part of that community.

I'm sorry certain members feel that they are being singled out, but when it happens numerous times surely human nature would make you step back and think, why?

For what it's worth @RyanUK i dont actually find your posts argumentative, others are worse. What I would say though is you seem to hammer the same point over and over again, which has distributed natural conversation flow.

I wouldn’t say I hammer the point over and over but I’ll admit maybe I have said the same things a couple of times over.
With the greatest of respect, if you have had so many issues, so early on, maybe this style of open speaking forum is simply not for you.
I have been a member of forums in the past and even run some myself. I wouldn’t say “so many issues”, just some green shoots.

Also, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank @Craig - during a DM he has offered to take his moderating hat off so we can chat away from here.

It appears to me that some people are forgetting this is a discussion forum
If you come to a discussion forum expecting to air your opinion and not be challenged, questioned, agreed or disagreed with, then why are you here?!
Not sure if youre referring to me, but you're making the same point Im trying make.

Personally I'd gladly have my opinion challenged, not surprisingly Ive found the heated responses usually come whenever Ive challenged a widely held opinion on here.

Anyway part my original point was that sarcastic repeated quips and dogmatic retorts (mainly to others, but also my own experience) have stopped discussion more than added to it lately.

On those occasions it's clearly been outside the norm of jovial humour, healthy debate or disagreements that happen all the time.

My posting this topic was to discuss this very thing, I think it's going alright ish?

Not sure if youre referring to me, but you're making the same point Im trying make.

I'm not covertly referring to any individual - it's more of a general collective observation at the moment as I spend a lot of time reading (and not writing too much! 😂).

However, if it were any particular individual I was concerned with, I'd flag it to the mods to look into though as always.

There is definitely something about this closed season that seems to have brought about some very passionate people and equally a lot of lengthy and sometimes tiring discussion.

Putting my technical team member hat back on for a moment though:

Please don't forget there is a rather cool "Ignore user" tool that allows you to hide posts by people you might consider annoying, frustrating, or just plain old boring as they won't shut up about the silliest of things.

To activate it, click on the profile of the person who you wish to silence, and then click 'Ignore', and you need never be frustrated by them ever again as their posts will be hidden away for you to safely scroll past and ignore.

The only exception is that if someone else quotes them and that person is not ignored by you, you will see a quote that looks something like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 19.58.46.png

It can make some threads look rather quiet if you ignore a lot of people though....! 😉😂