• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Controversial Europa Park Opinions

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As we have a thread for “Controversial Alton Towers Opinions”, I thought it might be fun to make a similar thread for Europa Park, the other focal park of TowersStreet! So, what are some of your most controversial Europa Park opinions?

I’ll get the ball rolling with some of mine.
  • Silver Star is my favourite coaster on park - Silver Star seems to get nothing but hate from most, but I thought it was phenomenal! I went in with low expectations due to its general lukewarm reception, and I was blown away! I had 10 rides in various different rows across my 3 days on park in April, and every ride I had contained sublime sustained airtime, a phenomenal sense of speed, and was overall supremely fun, thrilling and rerideable! It definitely cemented itself as my favourite coaster at Europa, and it’s my overall #2 behind only Mako!
  • I didn’t rate Euro Mir at all - Most seem to love Euro Mir or at least like it to some degree, but I really didn’t rate it myself. I can see why people like it, as some of those helixes are quite forceful, but my main takeaway was that it was shockingly rough, and it just generally wasn’t really my thing. It was easily my least favourite coaster on park, it’s in my overall bottom 10, and if it were removed or retracked tomorrow, I wouldn’t personally shed a tear.
I can only think of those two at present, but if I think of any more, I’ll come back…

But what are your most controversial Europa Park opinions?

I'm not sure disliking Euro-Mir and ranking Silver Star so highly is controversial, Matt.

Silver Star is presently my favourite ride at Europa-Park, too. Euro-Mir is wholly marmite amongst folk, aswell!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hi guys. As we have a thread for “Controversial Alton Towers Opinions”, I thought it might be fun to make a similar thread for Europa Park, the other focal park of TowersStreet! So, what are some of your most controversial Europa Park opinions?

I’ll get the ball rolling with some of mine.
  • Silver Star is my favourite coaster on park - Silver Star seems to get nothing but hate from most, but I thought it was phenomenal! I went in with low expectations due to its general lukewarm reception, and I was blown away! I had 10 rides in various different rows across my 3 days on park in April, and every ride I had contained sublime sustained airtime, a phenomenal sense of speed, and was overall supremely fun, thrilling and rerideable! It definitely cemented itself as my favourite coaster at Europa, and it’s my overall #2 behind only Mako!
  • I didn’t rate Euro Mir at all - Most seem to love Euro Mir or at least like it to some degree, but I really didn’t rate it myself. I can see why people like it, as some of those helixes are quite forceful, but my main takeaway was that it was shockingly rough, and it just generally wasn’t really my thing. It was easily my least favourite coaster on park, it’s in my overall bottom 10, and if it were removed or retracked tomorrow, I wouldn’t personally shed a tear.
I can only think of those two at present, but if I think of any more, I’ll come back…

But what are your most controversial Europa Park opinions?

I wouldn’t say either of those opinions is controversial, Silvia is a weak B&M hyper when compared to its cousins but it’s still a good coaster and I know lots of people who hate Mir (myself included), it’s very marmite

I find Silver Star weak amongst some of the hypers I have done but is certainly an enjoyable enough ride (I'd rank it below Zadra, Red Force, Hyperion, Shambhala, on par with Stealth and better than PMBO)

Mir on the other hand is my second favourite coaster at EP behind Wodan but I can see why it isn't universally loved.

No idea if it is controversial but the park would be better if England was just demolished, I found Fjord Rafting to be okay but not amazing, Schweizer Bobbahn is an awful vibrating mess and needs to be burnt down and Sat urgently needs some money spending sorting out the mess of it's themeing after the lift

Weak is Raging Bull, Hollywood Dream and Intimidator. Silver Star sits well in the centre ground above Apollo's Chariot and Diamondback but just below Nitro and Shambala with the likes of Fury 325 at the top end.

I think the food is a little overrated in places and food service can be terrible in parts.

The hotels verge on overpriced.

Audio consistency across the park is poor.

Blue Fire is an excellent coaster contrary to what seems to be the popular prevailing opinion.

I’m unconvinced by Rulantica’s theme. The multiple themes in a small area doesn’t work for me.

I think the food is a little overrated in places and food service can be terrible in parts.

The hotels verge on overpriced.

Audio consistency across the park is poor.

Blue Fire is an excellent coaster contrary to what seems to be the popular prevailing opinion.

I’m unconvinced by Rulantica’s theme. The multiple themes in a small area doesn’t work for me.
I'm with you on food service - it can be awful in some cases. Hotels are expensive... but I think our problem is DLP. Both EP and Phantasialand see what they charge for food and even at the prices EP and Phantasialand charge, they're still a good 25% less expensive than the mouse.

At least park food at EP is reasonable, easily 40% less than what DLP charge in many cases.

Snorri is better than "Ed Euromaus" in every respect, a truly great and wonderful mascot, so cute... yet unfortunately banished to the water realm while the inferior mouse hogs the spotlight
I have to agree and disagree. Snorri is a better mascot (unsurprisingly as he was designed from the ground up to be one). However I don't think he'd work for the main park, as that voice of his would get old very quickly.

The 2 Euromice have developed over the years into very good mascots. In terms of personality they are distinctly different to Micky, being both younger yet acting in a more grown-up way.
However unless they change them to be something other than mice they are always going to feel like Disney knockoffs, and long term I would be looking to replace them.

The other mascots that all represent a country work well. I'd be happy to see them switch out the mice (although for what I'm not sure) and give some of the newer areas mascots as well. But I'm not sure if at this point they are too linked with other aspects of the resort (like the 4D shows expending on their backstorys) to smoothly swap them out.

Ed is great! He's fun, approachable and one of the boys now. Edda is ok too although needs to lose the shrill voice.

Take this for controversial: IMO eliminate those damn mascots (in the disguised human form) and you have a better park experience. They are stupid and irritating. Same for Disney. Is my honest opinion, although I know that I am in a minority.