• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coping with addiction

Connor98

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Hyperion
It has taken a lot to get to this point, to be able and confident enough to share this. maybe I am the only one here or maybe not. but I thought it only right to share my experience so others hopefully don't have to. Over my youth I've struggled with an addictive personality. I won't go into the details, but it ended in drugs and alcohol. it started with a small sense of escapism from my issues, but it eventually became an excuse. whether it be a reason to distance myself intentionally from my friends, or just simply shut out all who love me.

Maybe you will have a different experience to what I have had, but all I can say is... addiction has ruined my 20's, its made me the wrong person and it has slowed my development. Hopefully now with my new set of mind I can try my hardest to start a new life.

I don't feel weaker for these experiences, I feel stronger, however I feel I have missed years of my youth because of it. if anyone needs to vent, I hope this is a safe space for you. But I wish this thread may never be used, and I hope that is the case. but if anyone else has issues or would like to talk about anything.
Like I say hope this thread is lost to the wolves... but if anyone has any issues with drugs of alcohol, please do not think you are alone.
hopefully if this thread becomes anything it is a place for people to vent, whatever the addiction may be. x

Well done for confronting your issues and you seem young enough to have many, many good years of youth ahead, so enjoy this fresh start!