• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
People have given up on trying to go to the supermarket on their own to limit exposure of the virus to other members of the public and staff after only about a couple of weeks. Must have been way too boring for them to handle. Back to 2's, 3's and 'oh, why not bring the family out' again. MONGS.

Local Aldi have started to enforce a 1 person/1 trolley system, most people have been fine but I did hear the people behind me in the queue arguing the toss with the doorman/terrified aldi worker.

The doctor's is a surreal experience now; a barricade outside the door, shouting your details to the receptionist from over 2 metres away, moving over to the 'safe side', then picking the prescription up from a chair after the receptionist has taken a step back. No more face-to-face appointments unless the GP has spoken to you on the phone, then you're not allowed in the building until they phone you. They're also not looking in people's mouths anymore, for any reason.

It's like when you're a kid reading through your history textbook, and you think it must have sucked to live through these events, and here we are, living through one of those events.

Weird times.

Went for a walk earlier. Was nearly run over by brats on bikes zooming along the pavement several times. Co-Op is now only allowing one customer in to the whole shop at a time. The queue was insane. I didn't bother. Only one out of four newsagents was open. Nothing else. Several local shops with signs saying they don't expect to ever open again.

Then two pikey looking lads casually drove the wrong way down the dual carriage way... in a car that clearly wasn't theirs... shouting "hello there" at me in falsetto Irish. I waved. They waved back. They seemed to be having a jolly old time.

I went shopping for the first time today since the lockdown came into effect. Made use of the 'NHS hour' at Morrisons and ASDA. Morrisons was a joy and quiet. ASDA was a bit of a farce, the queue for the 'general public' stretched miles, no sign of the secret NHS queue and no directional signs or staff to ask... happened to find the queue for NHS staff, which cut halfway through the 'normal cattle pen queue' resulting in having to walk past non-NHS customers. I felt like I was in a Fastrack queue at Towers with mumbles, groans and being scolded at... only difference being people in this queue were wearing masks, gloves and the ultimate protection... scarfs.

As far as I'm aware it's not ASDAs policy currently, however they were only allowing one member per household to enter the store. Witnessed a woman with kids being turned around, a couple being turned around and another couple having a jolly old argument with the security door man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...pper-spray-arrest-running-errands-mother.html

Obviously the man had an attitude problem that provoked the situation but the police officer also wanted to cause an issue.

Manchester police are forced to apologise after shocking video reveals officer threatening man with pepper spray and arresting him for running errands for his mother - before warning bystanders 'you'll be next'

The man, who was running errands for his mother, explains to the officer that he's 'picking up a plant at the same time'.

The shocked man asks the officer: 'Give me a ticket for what. You're a bored guy there's groups of people all over the place.'

But the officer presses him further asking: 'What's your details?'

The man replies: 'I'm not giving you any details'

The officer then threatens the man with jail saying: 'You gonna give me your details? I'll just lock you up.'

The man asks what he will be arrested for and the officer replies: 'For breaking covid guidelines. Put your hands on your head.'

The man puts his hands on his head and asks: 'Am I being threatening towards you? Am I being threatening?'

The officer shouts: 'Raise your hands or you're gonna get sprayed. Put your hands behind your back.'

In response Manchester police said that the incident wasn't dealt with in the professional way they would expect and apologised. They added that a senior member of the force is speaking to the man and his family today.

A woman can be heard shouting in the background as the officer puts the handcuffs on him.

'Twist that one top around. Twist it around! Loosen the top thing, loosen the top one man'

The police shoves the man from behind and takes him away in handcuffs.

One neighbour shouts 'that's excessive that mate' while another says 'that's excessive officer, there's no need for it.'

The officer pushes the man over a car and demands that he lean over it.

The man says: 'You just keep saying things over and over again you're not helping, you're not diluting the situation you're making it worse.

'Because I come to drop some stuff off.'

He pleads with the cop to loosen the cuffs: 'Can you loosen the top so I'll be more compliant but I'm in pain right now.'

A female neighbour is then heard asking the police officer politely: 'In the current situation in the current pandemic, there's more pressing situations to be dealing with than coming over and bothering somebody going about his business - on his own?'

The officer then points at the woman and states: 'You'll be next.'

Police tell dad he can’t sit in his own front garden

South Yorkshire Police have apologised after a man was incorrectly told by an officer that he was not allowed to sit in his own front garden. The incident occurred in Eastwood, Rotherham on Thursday as Daniel Connell filmed his argument with a police officer on his doorstep. In the video, the police officer advised Mr Connell to ‘stay indoors because of Covid-19’ and said that ‘the virus does not stop on your front garden’. Current Government guidelines allow people to spend as much time as they like in their own gardens during the lockdown period, but social distancing measures must be observed if the areas border public paths or roads.

Mr Connell, who had been spending time in his front garden with his partner and two children, was told by the police officer: ‘You cannot come on your front garden. I’m recording [this video], you cannot come on your front garden. When told that the advice contradicts the current guidelines, the officer replied: ‘I cannot speak for anybody else. You know when you look around and there’s nobody out? It’s because you can’t come out. Police apologise for officer who warned family for being on front garden

‘The virus does not stop on your front garden.’ South Yorkshire Police subsequently issued an apology and claimed that the officer in the video has now been reminded of the lockdown guidelines for the public. ‘This encounter was well-intentioned but ill-informed and we’d like to apologise for the way it was handled,’ said South Yorkshire Police. ‘We’ve spoken to the officer concerned and made our approach absolutely clear. ‘Again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused and will continue our work to support the NHS.

‘Current guidelines from the government allow for the use of your gardens both front and back. ‘If you garden has a road or path running along it then be aware of social distancing if there is likely to be people passing by on foot – please use common sense.’

In his response to the video, Alexander Stafford, the MP for Rother Valley, said: ‘This is clearly not right. ‘Whilst cannot see full context of the video, people are of course allowed to be in their gardens – front or back – and should be allowed to continue to do. ‘This is clearly an overreach!’

[URL]https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/10/police-officer-tells-man-cannot-sit-front-garden-12537093/

[/URL]

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/10/police-officer-tells-man-cannot-sit-front-garden-12537093/

Welcome to the New World Order folks. We just willingly shut ourselves away, rolled over, and let this happen. :banghead:

The police are in a bit of no-win situation with this really. If they do nothing then people will complain they should have cracked down harder, but by going too far they are rightly accused of being heavy handed. I suspect they're panicking a bit because the guidance hasn't exactly been crystal clear, so they're trying to cover as many bases as possible.

Diogo, the horseman rides at dawn comrade

I will just leave this here.
ff599767f02c835f91e873c6e3f2bf58.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Police are only following the guidance given by the government.

Is it their fault said guidance is flimsy and lacking in any actual guidance?

All current "advice" says we "SHOULD" do X.
"SHOULD". Not "MUST".

The law, which the 'advice' is based on, is very much a 'must'!

I'm not going to defend officers being buffoons where they have been beyond stating the obvious that you'll rarely get given the while story or circumstance but rather a one sided or edited snapshot weighted by someone with some sort of agenda. Mistakes will happen because we are all human and have been bombarded with change, but as long as hands are held up and learnings made when it does go wrong as it appears has happened with both of those examples I'm not sure what more could be asked?

You'll forgive me if I pay no attention to the remblings of an ex-school bully who chose to wear the uniform of oppression...

I thought this had been sorted a few pages back in this thread.

Why is there only a few stories? Cause as any career there are a small % of idiots.
Even the police, however there are great people working in the police across the uk. Just don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

You'll forgive me if I pay no attention to the remblings of an ex-school bully who chose to wear the uniform of oppression...

Awww, the bad man said some hurty things, now I'm going to go to bed all sad.

It is the law though, not just advice, so *no shrug emoji*