• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I've heard it's once.
The law (as I linked above) does not mention a limit.

"6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.
(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;
(b)to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's once in Scotland, Wales and NI. Not specified in the English version for some reason, but reasonableness still applies and ultimately a court would have to decide.

It's once in Scotland, Wales and NI. Not specified in the English version for some reason, but reasonableness still applies and ultimately a court would have to decide.
Yep, which is probably for the better, some people NEED to go out more then once a day, so some flexibility is good.
(Better then relying on "not in the public interest" dropping of proceedings)

Realistically who is going to know though? Is there a copper at the end of every street with a clip board? Sorry Mr such and such but you’ve already been out once today.

It’s bolder dash the whole thing, stupidly rushed in laws that men diddly squat, a good lawyer would have a field day with them.
Then you got over zealous coppers telling people what they can and can’t buy but yet I can get 200 deliveries a day from Amazon to my house by different drivers and that’s ok?
1350 people a day die on average in this country every single day of the year, puts some perspective on it doesn’t it.

Realistically who is going to know though? Is there a copper at the end of every street with a clip board? Sorry Mr such and such but you’ve already been out once today.

It’s bolder dash the whole thing, stupidly rushed in laws that men diddly squat, a good lawyer would have a field day with them.
Then you got over zealous coppers telling people what they can and can’t buy but yet I can get 200 deliveries a day from Amazon to my house by different drivers and that’s ok?
1350 people a day die on average in this country every single day of the year, puts some perspective on it doesn’t it.
People are being encouraged to report to police people violating the rules, even the ones that aren't rules but advice....

If you give British people an inch then they'll take a mile. That's why our 'lockdown' is such an absolute joke and we're still having an absolute load of deaths even though we're committing economic suicide to add to the terrible end result. If they are serious about lock down there should be no exercise outdoors as people will just stay outside all day if the weather's nice and it's unlikely you'll be able to prove that they havn't only been out for an hour. Tesco is still busy with people still coughing and some are still not adhering to social distancing and even Tesco themselves are not following it with having cashiers back to back about 1ft away from each other with a flimsy bit of board inbetween them. There should be a once a week pass for going out to buy essentials from a supermarket. Then you just set up occasional road blocks to check where people are going. Can't use the exercise excuse or say you're picking up essentials if your card is already marked for the week. Like I said, have a proper lockdown or nothing. You've now got a half-cooked lockdown which isn't really helping but the damage to the economy is absolutely fully-cooked. Well done *claps*

The lockdown has been in place for three weeks. That has slowed the rate of new infections, but all the people who were already infected still have to fight off the infection.

The government health advisers have been clear there's a few weeks lag between infection rate and death rate. You can't say because the death rate is so high the lockdown isn't working.

People are being encouraged to report to police people violating the rules, even the ones that aren't rules but advice....

f22ed61d245b8df25e47529b0b2cd9b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

The government has said that the lockdown seems to be working, as the curve is beginning to plateau now. Interestingly, Boris Johnson was apparently surprised by how well British people are abiding by the laws, as he was expecting far less people to obey the rules.

The government has said that the lockdown seems to be working, as the curve is beginning to plateau now. Interestingly, Boris Johnson was apparently surprised by how well British people are abiding by the laws, as he was expecting far less people to obey the rules.
Can you blame him!

I'd assume that we're now very, very close to the peak, if not at the peak already.

South east maybe, rest of the nation no.
Just kicking in now in the north west, north east, and Yorkshire.
Peak still a few weeks off yet.
Might not peak in the far south west until after the summer infestation, I mean holidays.

I'd assume that we're now very, very close to the peak, if not at the peak already.

I wouldn't assume anything at this stage. I know that radical, relentless optimism is a key feature of your posts and personality, and I generally admire it. Of course, there will be light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to respect that the situation is still grave.

Here in the South West my hospital in particular is doing ok. Got about 50 or so in at the moment and still have capacity. Hopefully tourists will stay away from Devon and Cornwall and help keep the figures low. However given they have been stopping caravans and people coming down to fish in the early hours I'm not hopeful of that!!