• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
We literally just had a customer come into work with her mask around her chin. Just...You would’ve thought by now that people would know how to wear face coverings, but obviously not. I get that they’re usually only inside the shop for a minute or two, but if they can’t be worn properly for that long, then it makes me question whether they’d wear them for longer periods when required.

Just been into Blackburn town centre for hopefully the last time this year, for accounts and last bits of stuff.
Twenty percent either not wearing masks or not wearing them properly.
Entrance security had it under chin, sat against the wall staring down at his phone.
There is no hope for some people.

Just been into Blackburn town centre for hopefully the last time this year, for accounts and last bits of stuff.
Twenty percent either not wearing masks or not wearing them properly.
Entrance security had it under chin, sat against the wall staring down at his phone.
There is no hope for some people.
Some people really want to watch the world burn, don’t they?

I think there’s clearly last-minute changes being devised to the lockdown, as the press briefing from Boris apparently now isn’t coming until 6pm... it was 4pm originally, before changing to 5pm and then “from 5pm”.

I wonder what changes are being made... could this be to do with the unions reportedly saying that they want schools and universities to be closed?

They don't care about teacher's unions. There's a massive kick off from backbenchers and pro economy ministers. 110% guarantee it.

So next week colleges on the wales border can have students from wales that are in tier1 and tier 3 and have them mix.
So much for firebreak.

And if lockdown happens and education is still open.
The very high, high and medium tiers will mix in education settings.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Oh no...keep Darwen out of it...they have a bit more sense and want to social distance from Blackburn...always have!
They want Darwen without Blackburn.

Schools are remaining open, this has been confirmed by the government. There are some people demanding that they close, in the same way people are demanding other places remain open/closed, but the currently planned laws mandate that schools remain open.

The only way schools close is on individual site spikes in cases.
A lot of educational establishments are moving to online study so they can minimize students on sites.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

We have a pretty substantial boost for hopes of long-term immunity; T-cells (white blood cells that cause disease immunity) apparently still present themselves even 6 months after infection, and the amount of t-cells is substantially higher in those who have been infected symptomatically: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nt-in-adults-six-months-after-first-infection

Certainly provides hope for vaccines as well as long-term immunity for people who have had more severe COVID, in my opinion!

This is potentially extremely concerning. A new mutation has been found on a mink farm in Denmark. It appears to be less responsive to human antibodies and could render a vaccine useless. It also has 3 mutations to the spike protein of which scientists are trying to figure out what this means. It could be a restart to the entire pandemic but this time it will be in Denmark not China.

https://www.ft.com/content/cdca7483...y5I8QT0URuEotmXoVkC1c9v4VuEbENNCVEnjCrwwCTFDk

This is potentially extremely concerning. A new mutation has been found on a mink farm in Denmark. It appears to be less responsive to human antibodies and could render a vaccine useless. It also has 3 mutations to the spike protein of which scientists are trying to figure out what this means. It could be a restart to the entire pandemic but this time it will be in Denmark not China.

https://www.ft.com/content/cdca7483...y5I8QT0URuEotmXoVkC1c9v4VuEbENNCVEnjCrwwCTFDk
It wants me to pay a subscription