• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I am glad they went for cutting back on the lifting of Christmas easing.

I do hope the vaccine works with the new variant. As there is a major push in vaccination coming.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Just human nature unfortunately. I'm sure we all remember the queues to get out of Paris before their lockdown.

Crap organisation by the government.

Selfish behaviour from people cramming in trains.

Unacceptable of the train company to allow so many people to buy tickets for these trains.

Shambles all round basically.

Will be interesting to see how the media hunt down MPs, celebrities and the like for the inevitable breaches that will occur.

Rita Ora could keep the match ball.

Unsurprising really. Driving home from work today the M25 between the M4 and M1 junctions was much much busier for a Saturday night than I've seen in months. Potentially last minute shopping but I wonder how many are escaping to relatives/friends in lower tiers. The same thing happened with the initial outbreak in Bergamo.

Could the real prime minister please stand up? Please stand up. Please stand up, and well go ahead and resign.

The decision to restrict movement and gathering last night, for me is clearly the correct public health decision. This appears to be a serious mutation - which at best has significantly increased infectiousness. The need for such a decision however, is a total failure of government.

Prime minister, please resign.

The mass exodus from London is clearly terrible for public health. But I couldn't criticise the individuals - they're now paying for the government's mistakes. Plus they're following the laws to the letter - and from a government who has openly voted to have breaking international law an option open to them, any criticism from any member of government should by all rights fall on deaf ears. What did the government honestly think would happen?

Prime minister, pack your bags, give us all an early Christmas present, and please resign.

But don't bypass the hearings and accountability that will need to happen.

Remember; despite how worrying the new strain is, we do now have treatments that significantly lower the chances of people reaching intensive care (e.g. dexamethasone) and we do also have the vaccination program gaining significant steam. Chris Whitty and the other medical professionals have seemed to suggest that vaccines and treatments probably won’t be affected, so we do still have tools that we can use against the pandemic that we didn’t have in March or April, for example. Test and trace should also work to isolate affected individuals.

Well the welsh lockdown has caused more hassle with people panic buying gifts before they all closed today. I honestly think england will lockdown in January just after new year.