Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Jb85, 14th Feb 2020.

?

Coronavirus - The Poll

1. Not had test

48.4%
  2. Tested negative

45.2%
  3. Tested positive

6.5%
  1. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

I was at the Crucible yesterday and had to wear them constantly, security weren't taking any nonsense.

2. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Absolutely; I don’t envy people who have to wear PPE all day by any means, and I’m sure they’re probably gagging to see face mask requirements gone!

3. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    As I said on the previous page, wearing them all the time at work sucks, save for the occasions when I pop into the back office & check emails, removing my mask for a couple of minutes. It helps. I do feel for others who have to wear PPE all the time as well, like the staff in my local Specsavers (picked up my new pairs of glasses today). It really can't be fun for them when they're in a position where they can't take their PPE off at all.

4. Jonathan

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    Had my second vaccine this morning. Slightly longer wait than for the first one, but it was fine and the process was as efficient as it could be. Felt the needle go in more than I did the first time, but it still hardly hurt. Currently feeling fine, though I'm conscious I could feel a bit rubbish later tonight, and my left arm's a little bit sore. I'll be fine, though. I'm fine with a bit of mild discomfort for a few days if it means I'm less susceptible to getting COVID.

MattyH, jon81uk, IanB and 2 others like this.
  5. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Please remember that the simple cloth or disposable "surgical" masks are there to protect others, not yourself! It's very similar to covering your mouth when coughing and sneezing.
    As already mentioned its now common in Asian countries that if you think you have a bug to wear a mask to avoid passing it on, if only British people were so considerate to each other.
    I was in the chip shop last night and someone came in, no mask, leaning over the counter coughing everywhere.

MattyH, AT86, RoyJess and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jonathan

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I see a worrying number of customers who use the same disposable mask for ages. Had one last night who came in with a broken strap on their mask, and when I kindly mentioned we’ve got some by the door, they just didn’t seem interested. Cue me wanting to bash my head against the nearest wall.

delta79, RoyJess and jon81uk like this.
  7. Danza91

Danza91 TowersStreet Member

I will wear one for the time being, but once it's no longer mandatory I will not be. I'm not going to wear a mask when I have no reason to believe I am ill. If I feel unwell I'll stay at home until I feel better.

Regarding coughing and sneezing (if I have to), I'll do what I've been doing for many years, into my elbow, and I'll sanitise my hands after blowing my nose. I think the British are just generally an unhygienic bunch. I've always carried sanitiser with me to use after the tube etc. and even now I still see people at work and in public not washing their hands after using the toilet. Walking down the high street the other day some bloke was walking along just coughing without any attempt to cover their mouth.

RoyJess likes this.
  8. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)