• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
It seems to me that most people have got the advice confused. Including both people I currently share a house with.

You are allowed to go out once a day.
You do not have to go out once a day!

Seriously. What is with all these people who would usually gladly spend all day on the sofa in pajamas suddenly wanting to go for a walk‽

Two things come straight to mind

1. Why does he and Prince Charles qualify to be tested when the front line NHS staff could do with being tested to see who has it or not so that the NHS staff can come out of self isolation and help out at the hospital?

2. How can we all take the government advice seriously if he himself failed to keep the virus at bay?

Well money and power trumps hard work and sacrifice.

Now the government will have a hard time getting advice taken seriously.
I am just waiting for the daily briefing, the question and answer section should be fun.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

It seems to me that most people have got the advice confused. Including both people I currently share a house with.

You are allowed to go out once a day.
You do not have to go out once a day!

Seriously. What is with all these people who would usually gladly spend all day on the sofa in pajamas suddenly wanting to go for a walk‽

It's probably similar to how I feel; I've not really been that bothered about going on a roller coaster all closed season, I'll go at some point this year. But now I'm not allowed to go on one, it's all I want to do

Health minister Matt Hancock is now self isolating. Saying he has covid 19 symptoms

Last edited:
Any change in the situation caused by the restrictions will take many days / weeks to become apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restrictions will take at least 2 weeks to show any effect. Death count will continue to rise in the meantime as will the number of infections. If you think people were still out and about 11 days ago, mixing, going to the pub, football etc, and the virus can hide for 14 days.

It's probably similar to how I feel; I've not really been that bothered about going on a roller coaster all closed season, I'll go at some point this year. But now I'm not allowed to go on one, it's all I want to do
Yep. I might *even* go to Thorpe Park after this.

Reactions: Dar
Professor Witty now has symptoms of covid 19.
That's 3 core people in cobra isolated

Now they are testing all number 10 staff.

Coronavirus: Stay local to exercise, says government

whats local tho? the same county? the same town? the same street

Somewhere you can travel to on foot (or cycle) and back within an hour seems reasonable to me.

Don't drive to go walking somewhere is the basic message. Go for a walk from your front door. If cycling don't go so far that if you had a breakdown you couldn't get home easily.

The only place people should be driving to is essential work, grocery shopping or a hardware store for essential supplies to fix a problem. For exercise you don't need to drive, just go out and walk. Also while doing this, stay 2m from people and don't stop for a picnic.

^^ That's all fine and dandy until you get a burly copper in your face demanding to know why you are out (hasn't happened to me, but has others I know).

Now the government will have a hard time getting advice taken seriously.
I am just waiting for the daily briefing, the question and answer section should be fun.

Ah yes, the briefing where they tell the Country, repeatedly, to keep two meters away from people you do not live with, whilst completely ignoring said advice themselves.

They were a little better tonight, they at least were trying to keep 2 meters from the person in front of them entering the room, but this all went out the window in spectacular fashion when Gove was the first one through the door to the central pilon, which then meant the two other experts had to squeeze past him to their pilons well inside the two meter area.

the UK death count is rising quite rapidly now :(

are restrictions not working

Nope, I've been saying from the beginning, that locking people in their houses wasn't going to work, it didn't in Italy, it didn't in Germany, Spain, France etc. So why did they think it would work any different here? If home prisons was going to work, then 4 weeks after restrictions were first implemented, 900 people shouldn't still be dying every day in Italy alone - it is clear either a lot of people are ignoring the lockdown, or it isn't working.

That's all fine and dandy until you get a burly copper in your face demanding to know why you are out (hasn't happened to me, but has others I know).

Current government advice is that you can still go out once a day for exercise in your local area. Most of the police stuff I’ve read has been BBQs, picnics and similar gatherings being broken up or people driving to a national park (Snowdonia, Peak District, Richmond Park) for exercise.
If you are walking on residential streets local to your home you should be fine, just don’t stop and sit in the park.

It takes two weeks for the restrictions to take effect. Social Distancing will have been inforce for 2 weeks on Monday. Remember two weeks ago this weekend was Cheltenham festival, so expect a big rise over the weekend. Not forgetting that London and West Midlands are ahead so they will offset the curve.

Oh and add another peak in about two weeeks when everybody went outside last night and ignored the two meter rule.

or the virus is spreading in some other way we dont know about

That is kind of what I mean, as I've said before, unless you clean every surface you touch before you touch it, at some point it's going to creap inside your home, and stay there until someone picks it up and infects themselves, or you.

Afaik it doesn't survive on plants, grass for very long etc. and is killed fairly quickly by u/v light (sunlight) and it doesn't like copper, so I don't understand why people cannot go out and stay out so long as they follow the social distancing laws.

At this rate, we are fast heading to a point where prisoners have a greater level of freedom than members of the public do.

Unless of course you are implying that the virus is airbourne, in which case no amount of quarantine will stop it....

It takes a week for symptoms to show, most of the cases reported now will be from people who were still out and about over a week ago. It will take another week until the results of isolating really show.

So how come Italy still has an increase in infections four weeks after social distancing and isolation started? Surely if your theory is right, the rate of infection should be levelling out, not increasing like it is?