Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Jb85, 14th Feb 2020.

?

Coronavirus - The Poll

1. Not had test

41.1%
  2. Tested negative

50.7%
  3. Tested positive

8.2%
  1. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    It seems to me that most people have got the advice confused. Including both people I currently share a house with.

You are allowed to go out once a day.
    You do not have to go out once a day!

Seriously. What is with all these people who would usually gladly spend all day on the sofa in pajamas suddenly wanting to go for a walk‽

Tentaclaws, zerogravity, Rojo and 5 others like this.
  2. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    Well money and power trumps hard work and sacrifice.

Now the government will have a hard time getting advice taken seriously.
    I am just waiting for the daily briefing, the question and answer section should be fun.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

RoyJess, IanSR and DiogoJ42 like this.
  3. Dar

Dar TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    It's probably similar to how I feel; I've not really been that bothered about going on a roller coaster all closed season, I'll go at some point this year. But now I'm not allowed to go on one, it's all I want to do

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  4. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

Coronavirus: Stay local to exercise, says government

whats local tho? the same county? the same town? the same street

IanSR likes this.
  5. delta79

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    Health minister Matt Hancock is now self isolating. Saying he has covid 19 symptoms

Last edited: 27th Mar 2020
  6. bluesonichd

the UK death count is rising quite rapidly now :(

are restrictions not working

IanSR likes this.
  7. Islander

Islander TowersStreet Member

Any change in the situation caused by the restrictions will take many days / weeks to become apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Restrictions will take at least 2 weeks to show any effect. Death count will continue to rise in the meantime as will the number of infections. If you think people were still out and about 11 days ago, mixing, going to the pub, football etc, and the virus can hide for 14 days.

9. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Yep. I might *even* go to Thorpe Park after this.

Dar likes this.
  10. delta79

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    Professor Witty now has symptoms of covid 19.
    That's 3 core people in cobra isolated

Now they are testing all number 10 staff.

11. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Somewhere you can travel to on foot (or cycle) and back within an hour seems reasonable to me.

Don't drive to go walking somewhere is the basic message. Go for a walk from your front door. If cycling don't go so far that if you had a breakdown you couldn't get home easily.

The only place people should be driving to is essential work, grocery shopping or a hardware store for essential supplies to fix a problem. For exercise you don't need to drive, just go out and walk. Also while doing this, stay 2m from people and don't stop for a picnic.

speedy and Islander like this.
  12. IanSR

IanSR TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Smiler
    ^^ That's all fine and dandy until you get a burly copper in your face demanding to know why you are out (hasn't happened to me, but has others I know).

Ah yes, the briefing where they tell the Country, repeatedly, to keep two meters away from people you do not live with, whilst completely ignoring said advice themselves.

They were a little better tonight, they at least were trying to keep 2 meters from the person in front of them entering the room, but this all went out the window in spectacular fashion when Gove was the first one through the door to the central pilon, which then meant the two other experts had to squeeze past him to their pilons well inside the two meter area.

Nope, I've been saying from the beginning, that locking people in their houses wasn't going to work, it didn't in Italy, it didn't in Germany, Spain, France etc. So why did they think it would work any different here? If home prisons was going to work, then 4 weeks after restrictions were first implemented, 900 people shouldn't still be dying every day in Italy alone - it is clear either a lot of people are ignoring the lockdown, or it isn't working.

13. bluesonichd

or the virus is spreading in some other way we dont know about

14. jon81uk

Current government advice is that you can still go out once a day for exercise in your local area. Most of the police stuff I’ve read has been BBQs, picnics and similar gatherings being broken up or people driving to a national park (Snowdonia, Peak District, Richmond Park) for exercise.
    If you are walking on residential streets local to your home you should be fine, just don’t stop and sit in the park.

speedy, pluk and Islander like this.
  15. jon81uk

It takes a week for symptoms to show, most of the cases reported now will be from people who were still out and about over a week ago. It will take another week until the results of isolating really show.

MattyH and RoyJess like this.
  16. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

On the basketball court inside the Matterhorn
    Favourite Ride:
    It's a small world
    It takes two weeks for the restrictions to take effect. Social Distancing will have been inforce for 2 weeks on Monday. Remember two weeks ago this weekend was Cheltenham festival, so expect a big rise over the weekend. Not forgetting that London and West Midlands are ahead so they will offset the curve.

Oh and add another peak in about two weeeks when everybody went outside last night and ignored the two meter rule.

jon81uk, Islander and Rojo like this.
  17. IanSR

Favourite Ride:
    Smiler
    That is kind of what I mean, as I've said before, unless you clean every surface you touch before you touch it, at some point it's going to creap inside your home, and stay there until someone picks it up and infects themselves, or you.

Afaik it doesn't survive on plants, grass for very long etc. and is killed fairly quickly by u/v light (sunlight) and it doesn't like copper, so I don't understand why people cannot go out and stay out so long as they follow the social distancing laws.

At this rate, we are fast heading to a point where prisoners have a greater level of freedom than members of the public do.

Unless of course you are implying that the virus is airbourne, in which case no amount of quarantine will stop it....

18. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

19. IanSR

Favourite Ride:
    Smiler
    So how come Italy still has an increase in infections four weeks after social distancing and isolation started? Surely if your theory is right, the rate of infection should be levelling out, not increasing like it is?

20. Dar

Dar TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Am I the only one that thinks TV companies should be doing more to make staying indoors bearable during the day?

IanSR, delta79 and MattyH like this.