• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
It is ultimately down to the individual (at the moment, anyway) on whether they receive the vaccine or not. However there is so much mis-information out there it makes me wonder how many people are refusing the vaccine without an informed choice.

I think we're a long way off the vaccine being mandated in the UK, the situation would have to be extreme for us to get at that point.

As for people not following the mask rules (without reason). It is the law. Regardless of personal views, you have to wear a mask. These rules aren't made up for fun and games, they are there to protect and save lives.

Honestly given some of the lunacy that’s been going on recently (“weird that omicron b is an anagram of no crimbo”), I truly have little faith that people deserve that freedom of choice at this point. Peoples opinions do not override science, period. We’re in a global health crisis, there’s a reason health experts exist, and it’s because your average Joe simply doesn’t have the understanding to make informed decisions on things like this.

Do you have shares in Pfizer by any chance? I hear it’s a pretty good time to be investing!

It’s all so easy to label anyone who dare question the narrative an “anti Vaxxer”. I guess this will soon apply to millions of people who took their first two jabs in good faith but are now reluctant to get any more. There is a difference between being anti vax and being anti lockdowns/restrictions/mandatory vaccinations/passports.

When analysing the severity of Covid, I guess the obvious metric is the number of deaths that have sadly occurred as a result. Are you able to provide data which confirms the average age of death and what percentage had severe co-morbidities? I’d also be keen to see these numbers differentiated between deaths ‘from Covid’ and deaths ‘with Covid’.

Believe it or not there are medical professionals/Scientists who are questioning the way the pandemic has been handled worldwide including the vaccine rollout and the effectiveness of things like lockdowns and vaccine passports. Not to mention the proposed mandate of vaccines for health workers as of April 2022. How can the pandemic be so grave when they are seemingly willing to let go thousands of health workers whilst simultaneously talking about protecting the NHS?! But it’s ok as they can look after those in need for the next five months because you know..’’following the Science’’ and all that. This sure as hell won’t help with the issue of Hospitals becoming overcrowded. Also ask yourselves why up to 100k health workers are so reluctant to get the Vaccine in the first place. I guess they are all selfish, heartless, tin hat wearing anti vaxxers too! I bet you still clapped for them last year though.

Anyway, I think I’d like to be released from the Towers Street stocks now..all the mouldy fruit and veg needs washing off! Also, I need to fix the lights on the Christmas tree..it’s only been one day!

Do you have shares in Pfizer by any chance? I hear it’s a pretty good time to be investing!

It’s all so easy to label anyone who dare question the narrative an “anti Vaxxer”. I guess this will soon apply to millions of people who took their first two jabs in good faith but are now reluctant to get any more. There is a difference between being anti vax and being anti lockdowns/restrictions/mandatory vaccinations/passports.

When analysing the severity of Covid, I guess the obvious metric is the number of deaths that have sadly occurred as a result. Are you able to provide data which confirms the average age of death and what percentage had severe co-morbidities? I’d also be keen to see these numbers differentiated between deaths ‘from Covid’ and deaths ‘with Covid’.

Believe it or not there are medical professionals/Scientists who are questioning the way the pandemic has been handled worldwide including the vaccine rollout and the effectiveness of things like lockdowns and vaccine passports. Not to mention the proposed mandate of vaccines for health workers as of April 2022. How can the pandemic be so grave when they are seemingly willing to let go thousands of health workers whilst simultaneously talking about protecting the NHS?! But it’s ok as they can look after those in need for the next five months because you know..’’following the Science’’ and all that. This sure as hell won’t help with the issue of Hospitals becoming overcrowded. Also ask yourselves why up to 100k health workers are so reluctant to get the Vaccine in the first place. I guess they are all selfish, heartless, tin hat wearing anti vaxxers too! I bet you still clapped for them last year though.

Anyway, I think I’d like to be released from the Towers Street stocks now..all the mouldy fruit and veg needs washing off! Also, I need to fix the lights on the Christmas tree..it’s only been one day!

Your first sentence really disinclines me to even begin to take the rest of your writing seriously.It’s coming up to two years, long enough for you to understand the need for measures - if you weren’t already predisposed against them based on your impulsive initial thought - and certainly long enough for pretty much every government in the world to have re-evaluated their stance on vaccination and other measures

Your first sentence really disinclines me to even begin to take the rest of your writing seriously.It’s coming up to two years, long enough for you to understand the need for measures - if you weren’t already predisposed against them based on your impulsive initial thought - and certainly long enough for pretty much every government in the world to have re-evaluated their stance on vaccination and other measures

To be fair, the first sentence of your first post did come across in a very condescending manner.

As for vaccine mandates. I'm not for this. And before anyone calls me anti-vax I've had my jabs, and also had plenty of other jabs through choice.

I met someone the other day who was not vaccinated. They had COVID in the winter and are in good health. Their main reason for not having the vaccine was that their body reacted fine to having COVID so why do I need the vaccine which is proven to come with risk, possibly greater to them? Again, risk v benefit. And I couldn't really disagree seeing as being vaccinated doesn't stop you from catching and transmitting it, and natural immunity could last for years (or so I've read). They said they don't really plan to get it unless it prevents them from going on holiday.

Could antibody tests not be offered to more people? After all, it is estimated over 90% of the population already have antibodies. If you already have them why do you need a jab?

I met someone the other day who was not vaccinated. They had COVID in the winter and are in good health. Their main reason for not having the vaccine was that their body reacted fine to having COVID so why do I need the vaccine which is proven to come with risk, possibly greater to them? Again, risk v benefit. And I couldn't really disagree seeing as being vaccinated doesn't stop you from catching and transmitting it, and natural immunity could last for years (or so I've read). They said they don't really plan to get it unless it prevents them from going on holiday.
I do have one point against this logic. There are some viruses that have a different effect the second time you catch them. The first time can compromise the immune system, unknowingly leaving it weaker when reinfected.
I don't know if this would apply to Covid, probably not based on evidence so far. But it's something to be aware of.

Personally I've had my two jabs. I'll happily get a booster but it feels a little too soon just yet. I'm only just outside the window since my last one and have no medical issues. Would ideally get it a month before I next have to travel in the new year. That's when my immunity will need the boost.

I suspect that over time the Coronavirus vaccine will become like the flu vaccine, with it being given annually to those considered at risk but available privately to others as well. I don't see it being given to all age groups on the NHS indefinitely as it would be too costly. However that's a way off yet as we're still in the pandemic phase and there's a need to reduce the pressures on hospitals.

I'm also double jabbed and won't be having the booster either. I would consider it if it was AZ, but it's only Pfizer (both my previous doses were AZ). I'm young, relatively healthy, so also low risk anyway.

I know someone who is also double jabbed, young and relatively healthy. She is going to get the booster but only so she can go abroad next year (three doses will be required to travel out of the country soon). People should get the jab because they want it, not because they need it (apart from those who are genuinely at risk due to certain medical conditions and such of course).

I'm in same boat, not keen on the booster not been same as initial vaccination. When through 2 months of hell after the first AZ jab and really don't want that again with a new one.

I'm going to wait till it all settles down about travel & booster and see whats/what next year in regards to Poland, Holland & Germany since that's the only reason for me to get a booster next year.

I'll get the booster if that's what helps the get us through the winter. The only problem I have now is finding the time. I had AZ first and second (first made me feel really ill the following day) and I'm hearing that whatever they do jab as a booster makes you quite ill for a day afterwards, worse so than the first. Anyone experienced that? I would have booked prior to a day off which I wish I had done with the first but it's now December my next day off is likely to be Christmas Day.

I'm in same boat, not keen on the booster not been same as initial vaccination. When through 2 months of hell after the first AZ jab and really don't want that again with a new one.

I'm going to wait till it all settles down about travel & booster and see whats/what next year in regards to Poland, Holland & Germany since that's the only reason for me to get a booster next year.
Glad I'm not the only one! I only had mild side effects with both my AZ doses, so wouldn't want to have Pfizer for my booster and have a more severe reaction.

I’m personally very keen to get the booster (I’ll admit I am quite pro-vaccination in terms of its role in helping others and keeping the disease at bay); I’m getting mine on 8th December, and I must say that I think it was the right decision for me. As much as needles do make me a touch nervous, I like the thought of protecting other people to a greater degree, and as much as I’m not at great risk from COVID, the 3rd jab could help me as well in terms of giving me greater COVID protection.

However, I do think it is a matter of individual choice and individual liberty, and I’ll admit I’m unsure on the idea of forcing people to get the vaccine against their will, as well as discriminating against those who don’t want the vaccine. If anything, I do wonder if mandatory vaccination would only add to the conspiracy theories, and also cause unrest.

It’s a tough topic…

I'll get the booster if that's what helps the get us through the winter. The only problem I have now is finding the time. I had AZ first and second (first made me feel really ill the following day) and I'm hearing that whatever they do jab as a booster makes you quite ill for a day afterwards, worse so than the first. Anyone experienced that? I would have booked prior to a day off which I wish I had done with the first but it's now December my next day off is likely to be Christmas Day.

My dad has had three doses of Pfizer and apart from a sore arm has had no side effects after any.

My mum has had two does of AZ and a booster of Pfizer. She was really ill after both doses of AZ for about 24 hours, but completely fine after her Pfizer booster.

Obviously it is different for everyone, but I hope that helps a little!

My dad has had three doses of Pfizer and apart from a sore arm has had no side effects after any.

My mum has had two does of AZ and a booster of Pfizer. She was really ill after both doses of AZ for about 24 hours, but completely fine after her Pfizer booster.

Obviously it is different for everyone, but I hope that helps a little!
It is indeed very different for everyone - I felt a little under the weather the day after my first Pfizer injection. The day after my second dose was dreadful - I was properly knocked out, in bed all day (which I'm not usually when I'm ill). It cleared up as quickly as it came - day 2 after jab I was fine - but I didn't enjoy it. I did have a fairly severe case of Covid in April 2020, which may have bearing.

I'll almost certainly get a booster when offered, but I sure as hell am not looking forward to it... definitely for the greater good though.

1st AZ - Felt awful all over. Recovered after 2 days.

2nd AZ - Maybe a sore arm. Not much reaction.

Getting my booster on Saturday. That people still cannot be bothered to deal with small almost negligible things that affect their personal life for a short time is nothing short of ignorant and selfish. And once again I must remind people that freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequences.

You can choose to not have the vaccine, but I can choose to call you out on it if your reasonings behind that aren't exactly up to scratch. Nor does your personal decision mean you're exempt from any restrictions put in place in order to save the lives of those who are at a higher risk of death.

1st Pfizer - sore arm for 3 days nothing else

2nd Pfizer - sore arm, uncontrollable shivers, headache, fever, lasted 24 hours

3rd Pfizer - sore arm, extremely tender lymph nodes in arm pit for 3 days

flu jab - nowt

I still think the side effects I had from the jabs would pale in comparison to possibly being hooked up to a ventilator in a hospital and having god knows how many needles stuck in my hands and arms

I seem to have been lucky, as I only got a sore arm with both Pfizer doses.

I'll get the booster at some point, but there's a lot of people who need it more than I do.

I would also assume if you had AZ and are under 40 then you are classed as vulnerable which is why you got it earlier than your age group was called, so if you were classed as vulnerable to get the vaccine early then potentially you are vulnerable enough to need a booster at six months.
You are indeed correct, I was in group 6 due to being on the Disability Register as I have learning difficulties. That of course meant I got AZ before it was suspended for adults under 40 (I'm 26). To be honest I'm not really at risk as my disabilities don't affect the immune system, so I don't urgently need the booster. I am thinking about it though.