• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cross Valley Coaster

It was going to be a little more than two big drops, although that would certainly have been the main event - drops larger than Big One on an Intamin Prefab in the early 2000s would have been excellent, especially the double drop.

As for disturbance to the Gardens, the route was quite a bit beyond the curated parts of the Gardens, deeper into the valley. There was a lot of work around noise assessment completed at the time which suggested the impact would be “minimal”. I’d imagine you’d certainly hear it, but then you hear other rides from the Gardens already. The visual intrusion would have been much more limited than the noise intrusion.

Nevermind a cross valley woodie, imagine a cross valley RMC hyper hybrid, can start with a 50-60ft (above ground level) lift hill, some sharp airtime hills that stay low to the ground before plummeting down a 200ft drop later in the ride, some close calls with the hills before returning to the station via a short lift hill.

Make it green track to 'blend in'

I'd highly doubt Cross Valley will happen in the form of a woodie.

A Hyper like terrain coaster from someone like B&M, it is slightly more likely as it'd be more subtle than a woodie.

The likelihood of either is quite slim due to it being in the gardens.

I've moved a number of posts over to the existing Cross Valley topic. I'd encourage people to have a read through previous posts, as there's a fair bit of stuff that's already been discussed in here that people may find useful :).

There's also some stuff on the "other" Towers enthusiast place, but I don't want to anger the powers that be and give away traffic.
For 100% clarity on this, link to whoever you want - as a team we're really not bothered :p

One point repeatedly raised, that needs pointing out.
The woodie would be outside the "curated" part of the gardens...
Do you mean the disgraceful bottom third of the gardens, that was fenced off and abandoned in a shameful manner because the park owners couldn't be bothered with the upkeep?
I remember the bottom part of the gardens, they weren't anything special, but I was saddened when they were suddenly fenced off with no reason..

Wasn’t there a video on YouTube somewhere of an RMC mock up going across the valley.
I want that ride please.

I think this still will happen one day….

Wasn’t there a video on YouTube somewhere of an RMC mock up going across the valley.
I want that ride please.

I think this still will happen one day….
We made some good'uns on @Matt N Planet Coaster Speed Build topic...

https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...-contest-ended-16th-march.7022/page-5#pagetop

It's a shame Lightning Rod at Dollywood turned into such a disaster and RMC no longer do launched coasters. Would have been absolutely perfect for a cross valley coaster.

We made some good'uns on @Matt N Planet Coaster Speed Build topic...

https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...-contest-ended-16th-march.7022/page-5#pagetop

It's a shame Lightning Rod at Dollywood turned into such a disaster and RMC no longer do launched coasters. Would have been absolutely perfect for a cross valley coaster.
I always thought wouldn't it be smarter (going forward) for an RMC launch to be constructed out of pure metal track and support, and then it can transition to hybrid style after the launch? Not sure if that would make it more reliable or not