• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris 2014: 'Ratatouille' dark ride

Disney and More have posted the blue prints for the Ratatouille ride building facade and a description here.

ratatouilleblueprint.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

Update from reliable member AJ from CF.

AJ said:
Anywaaaaay.
In case yous lots didn't know DLRP are continuing the 20th anniversary celebrations through until september! Fantastic.

Not MUCH will change. However the main changes will obviously be the 'New Princesses' that everyone oh so love.... Dress and hair changes for everyone! Expected from around April but could be later in the year etc.

The next change is Disney DREAMS!
The two new sections that will be added will be Brave and The Lion King.
Brave I don't care about whatever, but TLK <3
Also, it's expected that they will be adding 'Mickeys MagicEARS' to be Sync'd along with the show (similar to those at California Adventure for World of Color)

The Parade will remain the same until the september when the music should change*
*they will be taking the words '20 years'.

March/April will see the large (and delayed) celebration for the 'Prince' where large scale shows and various special characters will be out and about in the park!

It's expected that Pirates of the Caribbean will be receiving Jack Sparrow Audio animatronics at some point this year!

Tarzan will be returning for another year.

There is also a rumor that Fantillusion will return at some point howvere this is a stronnnnnng RUMOR.

2013 is a fairly forgettable year for DLP, in terms of anything new.

In fact, when you consider it - the frequency of ride installations is really rather poor!

That said, bring on the RAT.

I guess they've been poor because of all the financial problems the resorts experienced over the last 20 years.

Is all the 150m they recently secured for developments going on this ride, or can we expect something new in the Disneyland park too soon?

haydn! said:
I guess they've been poor because of all the financial problems the resorts experienced over the last 20 years.

Is all the 150m they recently secured for developments going on this ride, or can we expect something new in the Disneyland park too soon?

The Disneyland Park does need something...it's had no new ride since Buzz Lightyear in 2005?

And even that was pretty lacklustre by Disney's usual standards.

There's the rumours of them adding Toy Story Mania, but wouldn't that be too similar to Buzz Lightyear? They need to look at ditching Autopia and building an entire new land (Avatar Europe or maybe even Cars Land 2) in that area before adding the third park, but that would take a hell of a ot more than 150m.

Agreed! Although all the 'quick fixes' - Toon Studio, Toy Story Playground and Tower of Terror - have all been great, the park is really disjointed and still way too small!

There is masses of space at the back they could expand into, if only they hadn't trapped themselves in with the studio tour.

They are slowly getting there, the place has the biggest future out of pretty much every major park in Europe due to their ability to add to their 1st and 2nd parks and then build a 3rd at some point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Do they have land set aside for a third Chris? If so, can you show us? :)

What'll the third park be if they build it? DisneySea? A thrill park with Marvel IP? I can't see them doing anything like EPCOT or Animal Kingdom to be honest.

They could even consider copying Anaheim and doing a 'Disney's European Adventure'. That could be amazing actually! All based around European geography and history and myths and architecture and stuff. :)

I *think* the park would be on unused land near to Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay hotels. Not sure if that's still right though.

At the last time I checked, Marvel would be the current favoured theme, but 2020 would be the absolute earliest it could even think about happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

This isn't the best map (its from the old F1 track plans) , but you can get the idea.

It would be the plot of land behind cheyenne/sante fe, from what I understand anyway.

usuzasa2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There's no point opening a thrill park. Disney will not make the vast profits that they need to make from their ventures from the teenage market. They don't spend on hotels, and they don't spend much on food, drink and merch.

They need to open a third, truly great, family park. Not Studios 2. Something that'll really blow people away, and compel every family in western Europe to visit for three days. :)

Edit: since when was DLP going to have a Formula 1 track?! O_O

haydn! said:
The third park planned, is more of a nature park instead of a theme park, and sits outside the giant circular perimeter road, despite their being ample space within this.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/disneyland-paris-unveil-tomorrow.html
That is a current project, but it is a joint venture with other companies I think. The nature village is still planned to go ahead soonish, but an actual third gate is still in the pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I imagine that they wouldn't build this nature park within 'the circle' because that's their most valuable land, and a nature park would be a relatively minor project. They'll want to save the circle land for a possible third, fourth and fifth park (there's tons of room in there, look at how little space Studios takes up!) and a few new hotels.

I'm not a fan of this "multiple parks" idea. Sounds like a ploy to fleece you out of multiple entrance fees. I'd rather they just expanded their existing parks. Two is enough!
A water park would be acceptable though.

And an F1 track??. The hell?!??

DiogoJ42 said:
I'm not a fan of this "multiple parks" idea. Sounds like a ploy to fleece you out of multiple entrance fees. I'd rather they just expanded their existing parks. Two is enough!
A water park would be acceptable though.

And an F1 track??. The hell?!??
Yep. Bernie Ecclestone, the commercial rights holder, wanted a street race to be held around the Disney site as a location for the French GP. It could've worked, and if it had gone ahead, would have made for some very interesting marketing, but I'm kinda glad that it didn't happen tbh.

Anyway, that's getting slightly off-topic. :p