• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris 2014: 'Ratatouille' dark ride

DiogoJ42 said:
I'm not a fan of this "multiple parks" idea. Sounds like a ploy to fleece you out of multiple entrance fees. I'd rather they just expanded their existing parks. Two is enough!
A water park would be acceptable though.

And an F1 track??. The hell?!??
Expanding Parc Disneyland and WDS is a definite priority and I hope that they both get some more attention soon. However, I think that if an idea drastically different from either of the existing gates was conceived then it should go into a third park.

Ideally things shouldn't be split - but different ideas aren't always easy to combine together. Equally, you'd be left with a park the size of three which would be impossible to navigate and enjoy and no doubt the entrance price would be three times as much xD

And yeah, an F1 track would have been ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

You go to Disneyland Paris, nobody just goes for one of the parks, so not really a con.

Having all 4 Disney world parks together as one would be ridiculous and not very fun as each park can have their own parade/fireworks etc and crowds can be spread much more effectively.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The ticket I bought when I went in 2007 and 2012 would have allowed me to go to both the Studios and the regular park, although I did this by booking a package. I personally like the idea of two separate parks better.

The idea of a 3rd park sounds great to me. DLP are a ever expanding resort with already 2 great resorts, a 3rd would be lovely, although I can't think of what the theme would be.

Oh and the idea of the F1 track makes Alton's infamous Sherk idea look sensible.

Parks don't add free Wi-Fi as a complimentary service for their customers. They add it in the hope of encouraging customers to generate free advertising for the park on social media. :)

Sam said:
Parks don't add free Wi-Fi as a complimentary service for their customers. They add it in the hope of encouraging customers to generate free advertising for the park on social media. :)

And it probably works, considering how many Facebook check-ins Alton Towers got last season.

It's win-win for both guests and the theme parks.

The above article makes a fantastic point in terms of Wi-Fi (as a basic utility for guests)

If a 50 euro per night hotel can have it, you'd expect hotels that cost 5-10 times that much to have it as standard! Even Towers hotels have had it for a couple of years not.

Towers hotels used to charge you for usage a few years ago mind. Only the past 2 years it has been free.

Great that Disney is catching up with the times though, clearly they have only recently discovered how powerful free wifi is as a way to advertise a business. With the increase in how much people use the internet when away from home and most devices now have wifi capabilities it's about time this is happening!

The other point I forgot to make was that DLRP is obviously a resort which attracts visitors from all across Europe - who might not be best pleased at having to pay roaming charges for data when visiting. Free Wi-Fi gets around this issue easily!

I've been having a similar conversation about this recently where we were debating how long until Internet access becomes a standard just like plumbing and electricity. Since the explosion of Smart Phones and Tablets we've been relying on the internet so much it's become expected that anywhere we go should offer this service. In particular Hotels that either don't offer it or offer it at a premium rate tend to get fairly bad reviews.

So while I do agree with Sam that they add it as a marketing tool it’s also a way to boost their customer satisfaction rate.

Although I wonder what Walt would think of this if he was alive today? It kind of destroys the idea of a Theme Park being a place to escape.

Most places still don't understand that proper "free" wifi should be totally open. None of this "you must register with a third party company so they can spam you", or limiting you to only an hour before you have to re-login. Can you imagine if the lights in your hotel room worked on the same principal?

Wifi should be totally open and free to all. No codes or logins needed. If you are within range, you should be able to use it without having to give them you life story first.

DiogoJ42 said:
Most places still don't understand that proper "free" wifi should be totally open. None of this "you must register with a third party company so they can spam you", or limiting you to only an hour before you have to re-login. Can you imagine if the lights in your hotel room worked on the same principal?

Wifi should be totally open and free to all. No codes or logins needed. If you are within range, you should be able to use it without having to give them you life story first.
Count yourself lucky, in some countries such as Italy you legally need to provide an approved form of identification before logging onto a hotspot due to anti-terrorism laws. I don't think providing afew details such as an email address is such a hardship for a service for free that somewhere along the line a company is paying for.

Disneyland Paris the only place which announces new rides when they are already have half built.

Construction update from Disney & More, with a first look at the cars. :)

Click above to read the full thing, but this image is definitely the most interesting, showing the ride cars for disabled guests.

eGN4vgs.jpg

I hope the stylisation of the cars is just an early sketch because these look a bit, well, rubbish to be honest! :p

Lordy said:
.....aren't they trackless vehicles!?

As far as I know there is a strong rumour that the vehicles will be the trackless kind used on Mystic Manor at DisneyHK. I think that concept art reinforces the idea too :)