• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Breakfast is included until end of March after that it is extra. (Except in club level rooms like Golden Forest and Compass Club).

Sequoia Lodge breakfast will include hot options after March.

Apparently the vast amount of people making up sandwiches and taking extra croissants was a factor in the decision to charge. I'm sure the extra revenue had nothing to do with it.

The chaotic awful breakfast was just about the worst part of my visit a few years back, if a change to pay helps control the numbers that can only be a good thing.

No breakfast included? That is utterly woeful and I expect better from Disney. Having said that their breakfasts were never that good and somewhat chaotic. EP and PA both wipe the floor with them.

:)

Hey guys, I'm wanting to take the family to DLP in 2018, any tips for a complete noob?? Best places to book etc. Feel free to pm so it doesn't clog up the thread

Hey guys, I'm wanting to take the family to DLP in 2018, any tips for a complete noob?? Best places to book etc. Feel free to pm so it doesn't clog up the thread
Right here goes, sit back hold tight.

Getting There:
Very easy to do, you can travel to the resort by either:
  1. Car. Drive and take the Ferry or Euro Tunnel to Calais. 2.5-3 hour drive from there (maps and/or Sat Nav recommended).
  2. Eurostar.- train from St Pancras to the resort. Usually there's a change at Lille but limited direct trains to the resort also run.
  3. Flying. Fly to Charles De Gaulle Airport. You can go by Luton and Gatwick with EasyJet. Then take the TGV or RER to the resort. TGV though a bit more is recommended as it's direct and takes under 10 minutes.
Hotels
There certainly isn't a shortage of hotels around and depends if you want to go full out Disney or stay on a budget.

I'd suggest booking in advance and looking out for offers on Disney's website if you wish to stay onsite. Two nights and two free is normally a good offer. N.B breakfast will be extra when you stay.

Disney hotels are:
  • Santa Fe 2 stars
  • Cheyenne 2 stars
  • Sequoia Lodge 3 stars
  • New Port Bay 4 stars
  • New York 4 stars
  • Disney Hotel 5 stars (very expensive)
Partnering/non Disney hotels:
  • Dream Castle
  • Explorer Hotel
  • Magic Circus
  • Adagio Marne La Valle
  • Kyriad
  • Radioson Blu
There will plenty of other other hotels as well nearby. Sejours Affaires in Val'D Europe I would strongly recommend if you are going on a budget.

Tickets
Depending what deal you go through they should be included.

If not I'd go for the Disney pass especially if you are visiting for three days as it pays itself off. Make sure you choose the fantasy pass for €179 if chose this though.

Must do rides (from own opinion)
Disneyland Park:
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Phantom Manor
  • Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blasters
  • Star Tours
  • It's A Small World
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • The parade
  • Night time show
Walt Disney Studios:
  • Ratatouille
  • Tower Of Terror
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Rock N Roller Coaster
  • Cinemagique
Hope this was helpful and I didn't bombard you too much with info.

Hotel choices would depend on your budget and probably the ages and interests of your kids. I recommend hotel New York if you're family is a bit older, it is a lovely theme and close to the parks!

As for rides both parks offer a wide range for all the family. I suggest about 2 days in Disneyland parc and 1-2 in the studios park. The ratatouille ride is brilliant and not to be missed!

Also if you have the time I reccomend taking the train into Paris for the day, it's a gorgeous city and also quite cheap to get there too!

Eating can be very pricey (around €20 per person per meal in most places) but the quality is very good and the food is very tasty.

I reccomend having a good long browse on the dlp website, watching some YouTube videos, doing some Google-ing. Then book it when there is a deal on, which is normally very often!!

New Hyperspace Mountain artwork:

15972551_1281586441885157_8418595111943341239_o.jpg

Source

I spy new trains!

:)

Train looks cool though, and I like the little steam punk features, but wtf is going on with the front?! How hideous!

Wouldn't be surprised if the blank front is deliberate to allow random overlays to happen and not end up with much clashing going on...

Train looks cool though, and I like the little steam punk features, but wtf is going on with the front?! How hideous!

I am sort of disappointed with the front with it being just being bland, having a little riveted details would make the difference. Do miss the cannon shell feel though. :(

It's nice to see the new trains with vest restraints confirmed after all these years, even if I don't think this particular Vekoma needs them anywhere near as badly as a lot of others. I'm very surprised to see they've gone for the standard MK1212 bodyshell though; I was expecting something bespoke and more theme-specific. Perhaps it's a stopgap before they take the Star Wars stuff out and re-Jules Verne it in a couple of years?