• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Turns out there is also a photo of the lead car which I missed yesterday:

16427471_1304339156276552_8955684890173654918_n.jpg

:)

That looks so much better than the square front. I'll agree I miss the bullet shape purely for story reasons but this works well.

Well that looks nothing like the train in the picture, which is disappointing.

And I can't even see any speakers.... which is very odd. That new poster even has the speakers drawn on. Somethings not quite adding up here...

Hmm good point about the lack of visible speakers. I hope that there are some hiding away somewhere, it would be disappointing to have no more onboard audio.

This has got to just be some kind of sample, maybe?

I dunno. Just seems odd. Disney wouldn't put all that detail in the poster for the train to look like this.

Aren't these the same photos which surfaced a few years ago, when it was first said that the new trains would be coming? I distinctly remember the silver front car being shown on a pallet in a workshop and people saying how bland it looked.

The park have already tested the trains several times apparently, so can't see why they would still be stored like this.

In terms of speakers, I expect the trains will be based on the same molds as Speed of Sound at Walibi Holland. This has two speakers set back into the headrests to deliver the more detailed audio. There are then larger speakers under the seats/footwell in front if you if I remember rightly. You can see the ear-height speakers here, and can also make out the holes for them in the image Rob posted :)

199047_187989761242822_173148719393593_427152_5415412_n.jpg

It's actually a VERY effective system on Speed of Sound. The audio was crystal clear even for me, and you really feel the bass pumping through the seats. Of course, the epic soundtrack also helps ;)

EDIT
Found the original link from 2013 with the pic
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1360742

Last edited:
I doubt very much that the new trains have been tested already, we undoubtedly would have seen pics of them being unloaded at some point....

I doubt very much that the new trains have been tested already, we undoubtedly would have seen pics of them being unloaded at some point....

Rumour is they have been testing them for a few years, the train replacement was planned a while back but testing wasn't successful.

That was the rumour anyway.

Apparently Vekoma have sent Disney the standard trains and the Imagineers at DLP are doing all the modifications.

Aren't these the same photos which surfaced a few years ago, when it was first said that the new trains would be coming? I distinctly remember the silver front car being shown on a pallet in a workshop and people saying how bland it looked.

The park have already tested the trains several times apparently, so can't see why they would still be stored like this.

In terms of speakers, I expect the trains will be based on the same molds as Speed of Sound at Walibi Holland. This has two speakers set back into the headrests to deliver the more detailed audio. There are then larger speakers under the seats/footwell in front if you if I remember rightly. You can see the ear-height speakers here, and can also make out the holes for them in the image Rob posted :)

199047_187989761242822_173148719393593_427152_5415412_n.jpg

It's actually a VERY effective system on Speed of Sound. The audio was crystal clear even for me, and you really feel the bass pumping through the seats. Of course, the epic soundtrack also helps ;)

EDIT
Found the original link from 2013 with the pic
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1360742

Great find Ian! And good to see that the speakers could well be hidden away, I thought it would be strange if Disney didn't want any on the new trains.

DLP have taken delivery of their new fire breathing dragon parade float:

16602777_577431232446913_124336466139891806_n.jpg

Source: ED92

This is just all kinds of win. Essentially the same as the one in Florida but with some nice colour/detailing changes so that it has its own character.

Please tell me it's just the angle of the picture that makes it look like it only has one wing?

It should have two, looks like either the second wing is down in that photo or not attached. Or like you say, it could be the angle.

Speaking of their parade, ED92 have posted a snippet of the new parade song for the 25th Anniversary 'Lost In The Magic'

It's certainly different to the 20th anniversary vibe :p

Speaking of their parade, ED92 have posted a snippet of the new parade song for the 25th Anniversary 'Lost In The Magic'

It's certainly different to the 20th anniversary vibe :p

Wow...

Someone got an electronic keyboard for Christmas!

I really don't like those sections, I really like the bits in between... A nice carnival / celebration vibe but the electronic sections are too overpowering.

I much prefer the 20th anniversary music! Felt much more... Disney

Well, it's certainly different. A lot more electrical and upbeat that's for sure.

Think I prefer Magic Everywhere (20th Anniversary theme), because it feels more fanfare'ish and seems to feature more tune into it.