• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

ED92 just speculates... I'd take anything announced there with a big pinch of salt.

The Tram Tour,, Armageddon and the Stunt Spectacular all need attention before going near ToT, which still works as an attraction.

The Tram Tour,, Armageddon and the Stunt Spectacular all need attention before going near ToT, which still works as an attraction.

I agree but it is quicker, easier and cheaper in the short term to implement plans that have already been fulfilled over in California than it is to come up with brand new plans. That is a longer process, and one that I do think will have started. But the powers that be at Disney Parks & Resorts will see the idea of quickly turning ToT into an IP based ride with marketing potential as too good to turn down right now.

I am totally against this, it disgusts me. Tower of Terror is probably the best ride at Disneyland Paris and I am certain that they could re-imagine Walt Disney Studios Park to keep ToT and still have a large Marvel area at the back left of the park (RnR, Armageddon, Stunt Show and new attraction). That is more than enough!

Tower of Terror is one of the first things you see when you enter the main section of the park, sitting proudly behind the partners statue. Now I am sure that Guardians is a good attraction but I am sorry, it is not going to look as good.

Rides like Tower of Terror are timeless; it will be as good in 20 years time as it is today. Most IPs are not, they lose popularity over time and need further updates and/or re-themes. The current direction of Disney really saddens me in this regard, I blame Universal and a lack of bravery from current management. And I feel for the imagineers who have incredible original creations of their own that may never be realised.

:)

mad.gif

Just retheme Rock n Roller instead and we'll ignore that this was ever considered...

I can name at least five attractions across the resort that need replacing or a major update before they even touch Tower of Terror. Sinking money into dulling down one of their best attractions is a moronic idea when considering the lack of investment this resort gets in comparison to its overseas counterparts.

Just came back from Disneyland Paris, and here's what I can safely say.

• Stayed at Newport Bay, which was absolutely loverly and miles better than PA's El Paso. Was a bit of a maze on the floors and finding things since they look very similar.
  • Cast members seemed noticeably more friendly this trip which great. They seemed comparatively grumpy in 2015.
  • As mentioned by others, the main park looked in a generally beautiful state with decorations and facades looking too form.
  • Pirates updates look great, especially the Barbosa animatronic and don't really ruin the original charm of the ride.
  • Same with Big Thunder. Loving the new explosive finale and restoration of effects.
  • Star Tours feels a lot more upto date and more readable. The Darth Vadar meet and greet was decent enough.
  • Hyperspace Mountain isn't as good as Mission 2, but enjoyable for what it is. The new trains are the best thing about the update.
  • New parade is decent and keeps up the standard of previous parades. Dragon float is definitely the highlight for me.
  • The nighttime show is not as good as dreams snd though enjoyable, lacks a storyline and feels a bit like an advertisement to their hot properties.
  • The changed schedule of Magic Hours does not work as well as the old system, and worked better just in the main park.
  • Mickey And The Magician was absolute amazing, the quality in the show was virtually West End quality.
  • For some reason, a number of small effects seemed broken, including the Liberty Square walkthrough, Dragon audio and Pinocchio Carousel. Bizarre yet slightly concerning.
I also for one hope they don't tamper with the Tower, because it's an amazing ride and best ride in Studios by far (and even the main park). However with the company's current controversial plans and to bring a Marvel properties into their resorts, I wouldn't be surprised if the ride gets the unfortunate Guardians treatment.

The backlot area certainly needs a lot of work doing to it, because it's a mess and feels tacky and incoherent for a Disney Park. It could well be the worst themed section of any Disney Park for sure.

If this is for Studios Park then great, it would be a brilliant addition to the park!

If, as I fear, it is for Disneyland Park then oh dear. It would not fit in thematically at all and be a poor choice of a much needed E-ticket for the park.

Studios park would be the logical move, that park is in dire need of new rides and an overhaul completely. With the exception of Ratstouille, Tower & Crush, the whole park is generally dull for a Disney park. Tron would be a great touch, even with a Marvel theme.

Disneyland Park doesn't really neee anything for a while, or at least until the Studios is fixed, however I hope whatever they install will be cohesive to the park areas, which I find truly stunning.

"Disney & More" usually have some decent sources and seem convinced that its actually the Tron ride system that they are looking at using but in Studios with an entirely different theme. Personally think this is the way forward as Tron really wouldn't fit in either park in Paris.

If they're going down a heavy dominance of Marvel within the park then the Captain America theme would be a great starting point, particularly join with a ToT re-theme to Guardians.

I would hope that this doesn't mean the end of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. Atrocious exterior aside, the ride executes its concept very well and is still greatly enjoyable, plus it is far from the first attraction at Studios that needs to go.

As much as a proper studio tour would really tickle my fancy, I think with Disney's current outlook they should look at removing the current tour and see how they can fill that enormous space with whatever IP-related magic they have up their sleeves.

Given that it's all a fake backlot anyway, it has no value. Frankly, it should never have been built in the first place.

I was going to say that I would have appreciated them moving the original props/vehicles from Hollywood Studios to Paris, but the ship seems to have sailed now, and Reign of Fire and Dinotopia remain...

As much as a proper studio tour would really tickle my fancy, I think with Disney's current outlook they should look at removing the current tour and see how they can fill that enormous space with whatever IP-related magic they have up their sleeves.

Apparently the way the "Backlot Tour" is designed with the large theaming items at each end most of the stuff in between being cheap or temporary (including the flat-pack station) is because the intention all along was to move the station quite alot further back as the park expands, so instead of dipping into the park the tour would curve around the back of the park with new scenes once it was in its final position.

Untitled.png

EDIT: Apologies I have made a slight error to the current route on the image above whilst passing Ratatouille but the general idea still stands.

Last edited:
I'd certainly love the tour to be given proper attention (in fact, I'd also love for a Hollywood Studios-style prop/costume museum to be added), I just don't think it's likely with Disney's current intentions, particularly with the original HS tour already biting the dust.

I'd love for the entire tour ride to be met by one giant bulldozer! :p

Getting rid of it, along with the stunt show, leaves so much space for new developments. We could easily have a new world class themed area a la Cars Land.

Hopefully it's for the Studios Park. If it's for the Magic Kingdom park then it'll stick out like a sore thumb themeing wise. But it's great to hear this could be coming to Paris anyway!

We'll be getting Star Wars Land for the Kingdom anyway...

Ohhhhh, Forest Moon of Endor bike theme for Tron coaster would make sense...