• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

2024!? Disney likes giving the parks 5 years exclusive on major attractions.
So, 2019s major openings in the USA... Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.
Only one of those is a major attraction. The studios would become very popular with that.

Hmmmmmm, 2024 sounds believable for a major new attraction in Disneyland Park however surely Studios will see something before then? Or are we just going to be left with Marvel re-themes and shows?

Either way I am not overly encouraged.

:)

I'd say the word "Major" is key here, I would expect there will be new things before that (large rides, filler attractions, rethemes, shows) just nothing brand new the size of Ratatouille, BTM, Pirates or ToT.

Reactions: Ted
There are a lot of things they could do with the Studios to liven it up. There is a lot of dated stuff like the stunt show, tram tour, Armageddon etc. that need plussing up until they can be completely replaced down the line.

Re-theme the Tram tour (i.e. more stuff to see), Armageddon, Stich Live, & the Stunt Show around their more mature IPs (Marvel, Lucasfilm, maybe a little Star Wars). Turn the Animation building into a character diining Marvel restaurant, move the Magic Carpets into the Adventureland, as it was designed to go - so the Pixar side can be a distinct area (put someth7ng like a wall-e equivalent in a bit further back). Add more merch shops to hide the big sheds and maie it feel like a city street on the left hand side.

Longer term, concentrate on something that is cool for teenagers to make the overall resort marketable to families with all ages within it. Tron and Star Wars seem ideal for that sort of thing.

2024??? uninteresting as ever. Until 2024 the Phantasialand will have completely renewed as opposed to the ultra slow Disneyland Paris.

Exactly. If the next major attraction at DLP is not until 2024 then all that shows to be is that Disney really have no interest in expanding the Resort. 2024 will be 10 years since Ratatouille, how can that be seen as acceptable?

I love Disney but they frustrate me so much at times.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Phantom Manor. The work on Pirates is top notch so I am expecting more of the same with some lovely new effects in the ride!

Bob Iger has confirmed that Disney are ready to “incorporate most popular IPs at Disneyland Paris". However no other details were given, so we will still just have to wait and see for now. Surely it cannot be too long before some sort of announcement?

Source

The backlot studio is currently full of Thor posters and despite not having a ride the Marvel merchandise had a huge presence in the shops at the moment.

A very friendly ride op at Hyperspace mentioned that the Star wars overlay was definitely leaving at the end of the year. He also mentioned that the ride is currently running faster during the overlay and will return back to its original speed when reset back to space mission 2.

Surely it wouldn't be a stretch to see them both in the backlot studio permanently. They could even update rock n rollercoaster with the star wars theme and Armageddon with Marvel. The tram tour is also down at the moment so maybe they can finally get around to adding the rumoured star wars scenes from last year. That way they can leave tower of terror alone :D

I had intended to get a picture of how extensive the work was to phantom manor but completely forgot to go back to take one. The only one I got was rushed at night and the quality didn't turn out great, the whole thing is covered in scaffolding.

s12nms.jpg

Bob Iger has confirmed that Disney are ready to “incorporate most popular IPs at Disneyland Paris". However no other details were given, so we will still just have to wait and see for now. Surely it cannot be too long before some sort of announcement?

Source

Marvel for the Studios park (tram tour, Armageddon, Stunt show, Rock n Rollercoaster all to get the Marvel touch.

As for Disneyland Park......I think the major attraction will be Frozen related. It's so ridiculously popular and with new film on the way it kind of make sense. It would drive up visitor numbers more than any of their other IP's for me so I can see them going for that. Not sure where It would fit in though.

There's a temporary Frozen stage near the castle at the moment. As for where it could fit in permanently, both the Casey jr petit train and Le Pays des Contes de Fées are both currently closed. Refreshing both with frozen scenes shouldn't be too much work for Disney.

Marvel for the Studios park (tram tour, Armageddon, Stunt show, Rock n Rollercoaster all to get the Marvel touch.

As for Disneyland Park......I think the major attraction will be Frozen related. It's so ridiculously popular and with new film on the way it kind of make sense. It would drive up visitor numbers more than any of their other IP's for me so I can see them going for that. Not sure where It would fit in though.
There have been a few of planned locations for rides within Disneyland Park into which Frozen would fit with varying degrees of success.

As far back as before opening they had planned 2 large scale future dark rides (Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast) within Fantasyland that never got built and their space never properly filled apart from infrastructure buildings (easyish to move)
image.png

Map Credit: http://disneylandparistreasures.com/treasures/1992-euro-disneyland-souvenir-map/

Later on there was plans for a dark ride (Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast) behind Fantasy Land station with the entrance/queue replacing the current Meet Mickey Mouse attraction and the main attraction behind the station.
image.png

This one is abit more of a stretch but there has also been plans for a Splash Mountain or Grizzly Rapids style ride behind Frontierland's Station. They would be avoiding the Song of the South theme... for obvious reasons. So could this work as a Frozen theme? The local area often gets a Frozon overlay in winter anyway and is fairly separate and hidden from the rest of Frontierland so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see this permanently .
image.png

There's a temporary Frozen stage near the castle at the moment. As for where it could fit in permanently, both the Casey jr petit train and Le Pays des Contes de Fées are both currently closed. Refreshing both with frozen scenes shouldn't be too much work for Disney.
I could easily imagine Casey becoming Sven's Slay Ride and the boat ride becoming a traditional dark ride with a direct retelling of the film, music galore!

Good info there guys. Definitely seems like it could be a brighter future for DLP with the takeover. I suppose a Beauty & the Beast attraction would make more sense given it's in Paris. Actually surprised how they haven't done this already but with the new film now a year old it would seem that they've missed the boat somewhat. My bet is it will be some kind of Frozen attraction still.

Regarding the previous plans for Splash Mountain, I imagine they could quite easily fit in a quasi-clone of the rethemed Maelstrom attraction at Epcot. Having a flume ride be all indoors would then solve the "issue" of building a flume in a colder climate.