• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I'd hazard a guess at the following:
  • 2020: RnR re-theme
  • 2021: Full Marvel area opens
  • 2022: Lake show for anniversary year
  • 2023: Star Wars open
  • 2025: Frozen
:)

I dont see how its much different to many parks promoting long term development, aside from the fact its using huge IPs and its Disney so gets more attention.

Towers announced Wicker Man 2/3 years in advance, well a SW8 project. Didn't Europa announce their RuPaul themed water park in like 2014? Some 4/5 years in advance plus additional later plans to extend more. So if we compare the timelines that would get us to 2023 which by then would be a hell of a lot of the Paris development.

After personally slagging off studios for donkeys years for being the worst ever disney park (and there is no doubt on that) Im more than happy to know theres a long term plan of constant, decent, investment.

I dont see how its much different to many parks promoting long term development, aside from the fact its using huge IPs and its Disney so gets more attention.

Towers announced Wicker Man 2/3 years in advance, well a SW8 project. Didn't Europa announce their RuPaul themed water park in like 2014? Some 4/5 years in advance plus additional later plans to extend more. So if we compare the timelines that would get us to 2023 which by then would be a hell of a lot of the Paris development.

After personally slagging off studios for donkeys years for being the worst ever disney park (and there is no doubt on that) Im more than happy to know theres a long term plan of constant, decent, investment.

It wasn't a criticism. I am delighted to see the park getting long term investment.

The real question is, will we see "Rock and Rollercoaster avec AC: DC"???

Surprised they didn’t retheme it to Tron. Rock and Rollercoaster Avec Daft Punk.

Give it a bit of local relevance.

Surprised they didn’t retheme it to Tron. Rock and Rollercoaster Avec Daft Punk.

Give it a bit of local relevance.

Now that would have been amazing. I love Daft Punk so much and the tron theme works so well for an indoor ride.

However the marvel route is still probably the best decision commercially for the park. Even if i prefer your idea. They can create a mini area / land rather than stand alone attractions and make it feel more immersive.

Beauty and the Beast attraction in the main park surely has to happen too at some point. One of their biggest IP's and most loved films and set in France too.

Apparently they had the choice of Ratatouille or Beauty and the Beast a few years ago, I'm assuming that Ratatouille was chosen due to the awful Studios situation...

Given that Tokyo was meant to be getting one (much like Frozen Port), I wouldn't be surprised if it made it over at some point, especially with another full on restaurant...

I would bet that Disneyland Paris had large internal plans to add rides and attractions over the past 10 years. There were heavy rumours that Soarin' was to be added in Studios, for example.

However, due to the financial crash and other factors, we've actually seen barely any new rides at the resort. It's almost embarrassing. Even though other parks and Europe have found the money to add rides: including Merlin parks.

Indeed, by the time these new developments even start to open, it will have been 6 years since Ratatouille, and between 2008 and 2020, we'll only have seen Toy Story Playland and Ratatouille across the entire resort which, irrespective of their money problems, is pretty appalling for what remains - by a mile - Europe's most visited theme park resort.

For me, these additions are like Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. After an absurd amount of time waiting, they are finally pulling their finger out and adding what, of course, look like superb additions to the Studios park. I cannot wait to see them in person.

But the chronic struggle to add a new E Ticket to Parc Disneyland - and to do anything to Disney Village seems to remain.

For me, these additions are like Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. After an absurd amount of time waiting, they are finally pulling their finger out

Nickelodeon Land (2011), Wallace & Gromit (2013), SkyForce (2015), Icon (2018). Not bad for a family owned park.

Sorry - but I disagree.

I know Blackpool have their problems, and i totally get that they're family owned etc. etc. - but we've not seen a new custom built /large project rollercoaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for 24 years. End of.

Nickelodeon Land and W&G are rethemes. Good rethemes, yes - but rethemes. Sky Force is fine and dandy, but it's hardly major.

It is one of the main reasons why Disneyland Paris and Blackpool Pleasure Beach have, over many years, not really lit my fire because there's never really been a decent new investment to get ones teeth into.

Sorry - but I disagree.

I know Blackpool have their problems, and i totally get that they're family owned etc. etc. - but we've not seen a new custom built /large project rollercoaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for 24 years. End of.

Nickelodeon Land and W&G are rethemes. Good rethemes, yes - but rethemes. Sky Force is fine and dandy, but it's hardly major.

It is one of the main reasons why Disneyland Paris and Blackpool Pleasure Beach have, over many years, not really lit my fire because there's never really been a decent new investment to get ones teeth into.

Valhalla and Infusion were added within this timeframe. Infusion was a relocation and refurbishment but regardless it was a significant investment for the park at the time and has provided a fresh new attraction.

It's all well and good wanting a new major coaster every few years, but as you sort of allude to, it's was just not financially possible for BPB and they made great use of their limited money in other ways. Nickelodeon Land has improved the park beyond all expectations. On the other hand, money is not such an issue for DLP so I'm left wondering what their excuse is.

Just because they have financial problems, doesn't mean I can re-wire my brain. Nick Land is great - but, you know, I am 33 and without kids so there's only so much I can get out of that. Blackpool have also removed so many rides in recent times.

I like new attractions. They are the life blood of all theme parks -and it keeps guests coming back for more - time after time.

Disneyland Paris and Pleasure Beach have generally failed to capture my imagination in the past 10 year or so.

:)

I'm not questioning the fact that BPB hasn't interested you recently, I just wanted to point out that saying that they hadn't "pulled their finger out" was untrue given the high levels of investment in the park over the last decade, regardless of whether that investment was targeted entirely at thrill seekers.

I dispute that Pleasure Beach, like Disneyland Paris, has had high levels of investment in the past 10 years. Whatever the reasons, I dispute it.

We'll have to agree to disagree.