• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Have they got the schedules set out for June onwards yet?

If not then it's hard to say if it's the end or just a normal maintenance thing, knowing DLP they'd be making a relative song and dance about it if it were the full closure... Plus I think Marvel is for 2020, so likelihood is that it'll close next year...

Have they got the schedules set out for June onwards yet?

If not then it's hard to say if it's the end or just a normal maintenance thing, knowing DLP they'd be making a relative song and dance about it if it were the full closure... Plus I think Marvel is for 2020, so likelihood is that it'll close next year...

It will be the annual maintenance for sure not a full closure.

Would be nice if it came back with lap bars only however I'd say that's very unlikely given the nature of the coaster. Those restraints absolutely battered me last year. One of the least enjoyable rides on a coaster I've ever had.

Parking up to €25 (£22)

Oh Disney!

Ive only ever stayed on site so never needed to park so didn't know it was so expensive, or now even more expensive.

Apparently its not only a clearly good revenue stream for them but its also to do with some locals using it as a way to get into Paris which is also why parking has dropped off the cheapest annual pass. Id have never even thought of that.

Presumably they could actually scan annual passes and x-ref park gate entries to detect annual pass holders abusing the car parking for commuting, and then send out cease and desist warnings.

instead, they went for a plain money grab... very classy

Stay in Val D'Europe. Free bus takes 5-10 mins and hotels cost a fraction of price of Disney. We also buy annual passes so we still get extra magic hrs.

I'd never drive to Paris from Manchester when you can get a return flight for £60-70.

I'd never drive to Paris from Manchester when you can get a return flight for £60-70.

Flight: 4 x £65 + £40 car park + £70 CDG transfers = £370 + hold luggage costs
Driving £100 petrol + £100 ferry + £50 road tolls = £250
If the budget is tight, a group can save money by driving from the NW. It probably works best if you plan to tour the continent a little, e.g. visiting some of the other theme parks.

A car isn't that much use in DLP, but you can take plenty of stuff with you.
Drove last time as Disney will give you a free ferry crossing, and prepared to make an adventure out of the travel that time. Driving around Birmingham and London is easily the worst bit.

If you really don"t like flying, getting the overnight ferry from Hull is the way to go. Hull from the NW is an easy journey, the ferry is fantastic, but it is not a cheap option.

Last edited:
Update from DLP yesterday. They are currently pulling down and rebuilding the Chaparral theatre in Frontier Land and have announced it will be home to a new Lion King Show from 2019.

Hopefully it is along the lines of the show at Animal Kingdom which is fantastic. DLP has come a long way in the last few years when it comes to shows so hopefully it will be a good one.

The Lion King is a good choice for that location. I would guess this will be a clone of Animal Kingdom Festival of the Lion King, hence the rebuild?
Retheming the old farm area around the Lion King and Jungle Book with character M&G, merchandise and a couple of themed rides would work well. That would transition from Frontierland and Adventureland quite neatly, now that Arandelle is spoken for. Another area like Toy Story land in that park, with well themed generic rides, could give them something new to market pretty quickly if we are now in a period where DLP is expanding again.

Just how exactly does The Lion King fit in to a wild west themed area...?

That areas theme is closed petting zoo.
The only notable structures are the train station and the theatre, and it is seperated from Frontierland sight lines.
It could be rethemed without any effect on Frontierland.

The shows have rarely fitted into their area themes (Tarzan was in Frontierland for YEARS)...

That site (petting zoo) is crying out for a Splash Mountain or even Grizzly River Run clone (with added Thunder Mesa style theme/story), if only to give a water ride option to the park(s)...

The Discoveryland show had animatronic characters built into the rocks that are still visible on the stage today; and I imagine are still inside there. It was a good show, but DLP realised that income from the burger place was being lost, and so DLPs best theatre effectively became a food court.

The press release suggests the theatre format is staying the same, so it is unlikely be based on Festival of the Lion King, which needs a central stage. I guess the aim is to make an all year venue (?) with no pillars in the Chaparral theatre? Shows are a good way to offer something new or seasonal to get people back regularly.
http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/...-king-show-to-its-2019-entertainment-line-up/

Isn’t there a different Lion King show at SDL? Could it be more akin to that show, but hopefully without the upcharge.