• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

On the other hand, money is not such an issue for DLP so I'm left wondering what their excuse is.

Actually, this WAS the issue. Hence why we've only seen actual high level investment come in now after Disney have purchased further shares and a more controlling stake in the company...

Granted, money woes for DLP aren't the same as money woes for BPB, but the issues are slightly similar... Hell the park only got a proper tart up because of the anniversary celebration (which they did go all out for to be fair)...

As an enthusiast I can appreciate why Blackpool and Disneyland Paris haven't added much in 25 years. However as a guest it doesn't matter, if there's nothing new I don't have a reason to return.

Just look at how much other parks have grown in that time. To name just the headline rides:
Alton Towers: Nemesis, Oblivion, Hex, Air, Rita, Th13teen, Smiler.
Europa Park: Poseidon, Silver Star, Atlantica, Blue Fire, Wodan, Arthur, Volertarium... And probably a few I missed.
Blackpool: PMBO, Valhalla, Infusion (if you can really count it as a headliner)
Disney Paris: Space Mountain, R'n'R, Crush, Tower of Terror, Ratatouille...

Last edited:
DLP did add an entire new park though (granted it is/was diabolical), so therefore more than the others have?

Plus headline rides and missing out Ratatouille (one of the most popular attractions at both parks)...

Thought I’d added Ratatouille, fixed it now.

The point still stands though if you consider the scale of Disney to its competitors. Also R’n’R and Tower are clones of pre-existing rides, so for guests that have visited another Disney park they aren’t as impressive as something brand new.

More excellent news! Disney gaining full control is the best thing that has happened to DLP in a long time.

:)

Well, it can hardly get any worse than last time I went there!

... Unless Varney gets his mitts on Disney...

The Village needs this. Frank Gehry's design was always unwelcoming; but so much of it has been altered and watered down over the years it makes no sense now.
It needs a quick service food court, more shops like Lego that tourists like; maybe persuade Merlin to come on site with a Legoland Discovery centre and to relocate SeaLife in here; a playground etc.

The changes they’ made to Disney Village over the first 20 years really served to hurt the aesthetic of Gehry’s design. When we visited a few years ago it was bordering on an unpleasant place to be - a stark contrast to the whimsy of Parc Disneyland. A refresh can’t come soon enough. I just hope they address that unpleasant feel. It has the potential to be a decent entertainment area.

I'd love them to go with a more European Victorian industrial theme — might provide a nice contrast / complement to the American Victorian theme of Main Street USA in Disneyland Park. :)

When they do it can they make sure Vapiano is within the security limits please?

I've never had a big issue with the design of it, but some parts of it were out dated in the 90s, so a refresh isn't a negative thing...

Can get a bigger gallery shop too...

Update on Cinemagique's replacement:
Marvel: Super Heroes United show will bring together favorite Marvel Super Heroes for a new live show with cutting-edge technology. This live-action super-production mixes a huge 400 m² stage with one of the biggest LED screens in Europe, incredible special effects and, for the first time, in a Disney Park, the indoor use of drones beneath unbelievable aerial choreography for a truly spectacular show.
Sounds very very impressive for an indoor show, drones indoor sounds ehm...interesting from a H&S point of view.

Also it has been announced that Pandora is coming to Disneyland Paris... unfortunately this is the Jewellery store and not the amazing Avatar land.
They will be the new sponsor of the nighttime show and open a store in studios promising exclusive charms for DLP.

Also it has been announced that Pandora is coming to Disneyland Paris... unfortunately this is the Jewellery store and not the amazing Avatar land.
They will be the new sponsor of the nighttime show and open a store in studios promising exclusive charms for DLP.

Pandora already is the sponsor? pretty sure they have been since the start of the 25th. Pretty sure they have a Pandora stand in Harringtons (I think that is what it is called) too.

Pandora already is the sponsor? pretty sure they have been since the start of the 25th. Pretty sure they have a Pandora stand in Harringtons (I think that is what it is called) too.
Not sure, it seems to be announced as new, they have been sponsoring Wishes at WDW for a while.
http://www.dlptoday.com/2018/03/19/...paris-deal-for-exclusive-charms-new-boutique/
The stand alone boutique is definitely new though and will be alongside existing outlets with other stores.

I was considering a trip to DLP at some point in May. Seemingly Rock n' Rollercoaster is closed from 14/05 - 01/06. Is this a maintenance window, or the end? Presumably, at some point, it no longer exists and won't show as closed?

I've never understood the way Disney does maintenance, they have both Crush & RnRC closed on the same days...

Rock n rollercoaster will be closed more than 2 weeks when it turns into Iron Man & Avengers reskin. GOTG Mission Breakout took around 5 months, and that was seen as a rapid turnaround.

The ride was a little unreliable when I was there is February, so I imagine that will just be a general service and deep cleaning the queues etc. to get it through the summer.

PS: I wonder how much of that retheme cost can be recouped by selling the memorabilia from RnRC?

Last edited:
The ride for me is incredibly rough these days. I rode last April and it was truly awful. Easily the worst ride of our 4 day trip. I came off in pain.

Not sure what a retheme will do for the actual ride experience. It's just not an enjoyable coaster.