• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Pirates is still my fav attraction at the park. It was closed for the huge refurb on our last visit in 2017 but we're going again next year for Halloween 2019. Can't wait to get back on it and also Phantom Manor which will be open with all it's improvements too.

Hi just wondering if any one can advise if Disneyland Paris is worth visiting in February? What are the queues like and are the rides open as usual or some closed due to cold weather? Thanks in advance

Hi just wondering if any one can advise if Disneyland Paris is worth visiting in February? What are the queues like and are the rides open as usual or some closed due to cold weather? Thanks in advance
I was there 1st March this year so close enough.

It's a pretty good time to go, obviously Disney will always be busy, but we didn't wait too long for anything .

BTM was around 20-45 mins all weekend, as was Space Mountain. Everything else was around 10-20 mins.

I noticed the park really emptied out as the day went on. All the coasters had 5-10 min waits for the last couple of hours of operating.

It's a great time to go, and Disney tend to do *very* good hotel/park/travel packages around that time of year.

If you use the opening times calendar on the DLP website you can see the scheduled ride closures, they are listed for Feb now.

It will be Season of the Force and Pirate and Princess Season in Feb 2019 so lots of extra shows and entertainment.

Thanks for the reply’s, yea can get a good deals which is why I’m looking, hoping to go out 14-16 which is thurs to Saturday so just before half term s my boys have two inset days

As long as you dress for the weather, February is a good time for DLP.

You will find some seasonal closures, particularly on shows like Mickey and the Magician restaurant choices will be limited. The parks will close early evening, but you'll be glad of an excuse to go back to the warmth and the hours are still longer than Alton Towers in the Summertime!
Not saying it is the ideal time to go if you are only going once: but we had a great time in Feb. 2018.

We went at the beginning of February last year for 3 days and needed all 3 to got on everything. It wasn't quiet and even the snow didn't put people off. Only RnR coaster and Armageddon were walk on. Crush, Ratatoille, RC and Peter Pan had nearly hour long queues all weekend. I do think most of our time was spent warming up in restaurants between rides though.

Even in the snow I don't remember anything being closed for an extended period. I think BTM was delayed whilst they cleared the tracks.

I'd go again in February, the deal we had for the hotel was amazing. Just consider the food vouchers when booking, it's expensive but a lot cheaper than paying for a buffet yourself.

Got some nice pics of Disneyland in the snow though :)

Best thing to do when visiting DLP in the cold?...

Stay at Sequoia Lodge and sit yourself in the Redwood Bar with its ridiculous open fire which staff walk into and throw logs on.
That place has a special place in my heart, for epic memories, fun times and the immense heat of the fire.

also even if you aren't a guest staying in that hotel Id nip in for a warm anyway. Its not cheap as my 200 euro bar bill proved but so worth it.

Best thing to do when visiting DLP in the cold?...

Stay at Sequoia Lodge and sit yourself in the Redwood Bar with its ridiculous open fire which staff walk into and throw logs on.
That place has a special place in my heart, for epic memories, fun times and the immense heat of the fire.

also even if you aren't a guest staying in that hotel Id nip in for a warm anyway. Its not cheap as my 200 euro bar bill proved but so worth it.

The hot tub and pool is also lovely when visiting in the winter. Although when getting into the pool itself you feel like you're more inclined to skate on top of it than swim in it. :tearsofjoy: Luckily the hot tub is always toasty.

The hot tub and pool is also lovely when visiting in the winter. Although when getting into the pool itself you feel like you're more inclined to skate on top of it than swim in it. :tearsofjoy: Luckily the hot tub is always toasty.
Good lord yes, that pool is so damn cold. SO COLD.

Good lord yes, that pool is so damn cold. SO COLD.
The worst part is you get in the freezing cold pool and think 'oh, I'll go and sit in the hot tub and get warm', which is all well and good until you figure out the only way to get out of the hot tub is to swim back through the pool which is now even colder because you've been sat in the warm water. :tearsofjoy:

I’m going myself a week on Saturday. Really excited as it’s been ages since I last went! Wish they’d Jules Verne up space mountain again though, really bring back the childhood memories!

Phantom Manor was originally meant to re-open following refurbishment last month. This was then delayed to January, then February and now it is being reported that it's gone back again to April 2019.

Only 6 months late, good old Disney! There will no dobut be some Chapek Cuts to compensate.

Are Disneyland Paris going down the same route as Walt Disney World with the MagicBands / Passes? Because I haven't seen any Fastpass machines installed for Phantom Manor?

Are Disneyland Paris going down the same route as Walt Disney World with the MagicBands / Passes? Because I haven't seen any Fastpass machines installed for Phantom Manor?

Rumour is that it will use the lineberty app for reservations that they are already using for character meets in the Studios Park.

Paris have previously said they wouldn’t be getting magic bands, but things can change of course.

Rumour is that it will use the lineberty app for reservations that they are already using for character meets in the Studios Park.

Paris have previously said they wouldn’t be getting magic bands, but things can change of course.

I'm guessing that's a bit like the My Disney experience App for the American Parks?

Presumably if they’re building a Star Wars area in Studios then the Hyperspace overlay will hopefully be removed prior to tbe arrival of that? Makes no sense having a new expensive Star Wars area and then having the major ride in the other park with the same overlay (I know Star Tours is in Disneyland Parc but it isn’t the major ride of the park.)

If that’s the case and they really-Verne it with enhanced effects, I think that will be my next trip there.

I'm guessing that's a bit like the My Disney experience App for the American Parks?

Yes except it’s a third party app and not Disney specific. Hopefully they will integrate it into the DLP app as it is not very user friendly having to have two apps on the go.

Presumably if they’re building a Star Wars area in Studios then the Hyperspace overlay will hopefully be removed prior to tbe arrival of that? Makes no sense having a new expensive Star Wars area and then having the major ride in the other park with the same overlay (I know Star Tours is in Disneyland Parc but it isn’t the major ride of the park.)

If that’s the case and they really-Verne it with enhanced effects, I think that will be my next trip there.

Star Wars in WDS isn’t due to open until 2025 so lots of time for Hyperspace Mountain to stick around. Having said that the overlay was only supposed to be temporary so hopefully it won’t last too much longer.