• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

DLP have just announced Mickey's PhilharMagic is coming to Parc Disneyland before the end of the year! More information coming soon.

This may be a copy of an attraction that has been elsewhere for ages but it's a great addition to a park that hasn't seen anything new for a long long time
cbc9ec56a4da22e05d2f660c8836ff38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I saw a few of the announcements over the weekend about new DLP things and actually its really refreshing for DLP to be doing good things consistently.

ToT is having some major TLC as the outside theming is a mess, will be covered with a huge themed tarp like Phantom Manor currently has.

Phantom Manor is getting fully refurbed AAs and new theming added, including something to do with a photo (I dont think its an ORP but something outside the house).

Quick Service food overhaul to increase capacity and speed (thank the lord!)

Disneyland Paris Hotel to close after New York retheme to also be re-designed, Im hoping it goes more regal and less granny.

Colonel Hathis to be closed and completely re-invented. Possible mentions of a lounge and diner.

I think that was the main points. Also worth noting that WDW team are big fans of Mickey and the Magician Show so it might find its way there.

I actually put together a summary of pretty much all of the announcements that were made at the Disneyland Paris InsidEARS event which took place last Friday. :)

Mickey et son Orchestre PhilharMagique – one of the main announcements was that the popular Mickey’s PhilharMagic attraction would finally be making its way to Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris. The new 4D attraction is to be located in Discoveryland in the recently closed Discoveryland Theatre, and will open in October 2018!

Ratatouille: The Adventure – it was also announced that the popular trackless dark ride, Ratatouille: The Adventure, would be closed from August until December to make repairs to the flooring of the ride which has been causing some issues.

Mark Twain Riverboat – something that will undoubtedly excite many Disneyland Paris fans was the confirmation that the Mark Twain riverboat will be returning to full operation along the Rivers of the Far West. Having not operated for a number of years, the boat will need some major restoration before it can make its long awaited return in 2020.

Big Thunder Mountain – effects which have not been operational on the Big Thunder Mountain roller coaster are currently being looked at. Some effects are not currently working due to a leak of some sort, but the resort have confirmed that they are looking at possible solutions that do not involve draining the entire Rivers of the Far West.

Disneyland Hotel – also confirmed was that the resorts flagship hotel, the Disneyland Hotel, would be redesigned, with an immersive new theme that will bring characters into the hotel experience. The re-theme and refurbishment of the hotel is to begin in 2020.

Food & Beverages – food and beverages at Disneyland Paris is receiving a bit of an overhaul. More thematically appropriate options are currently being added to the menus of table service restaurants across the parks, and the counter service food and beverages options are being completely re-worked. As well as this, there will be more seasonal options available, some of which will be familliar to guests of the US parks, and others exclusive to Disneyland Paris! As well as this, Disneyland Paris will also be testing out a preorder reservation system at Restaurant en Coisse this summer.

Pizza Planet – it has been announced that a new structure is to be built on the former site of the infamous Pizza Planet restaurant in Discoveryland. The new building will be used for special events.

Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost – the pizza restaurant located near the back of Adventureland in the Disneyland Park is set to be completely re-imagined. Current speculation is that the Indiana Jones theme may be adopted, which will better tie the restaurant in with the nearby Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril ride.

Randes vous Goument – the well received food and wine event is set to return to the Walt Disney Studios Park from late July until late September, this time with six extra booths and will feature even more culinary delights from all around Europe, including from France, Italy and Belgium!

Disney Village – Disneyland Paris’ troubled shopping and dining district Disney Village will be entirely remodelled which will bring it to the standard of Disney's other nighttime entertainment areas such as Disney Springs, with the final concept confirmed to be 90% finished. Concept art will be released soon!

Halloween Cavalcade – it has also been announced that the sorely missed Halloween Cavalcade will be returning this Halloween at Disneyland Paris, after taking a year out during the 2017 celebrations. The will parade even feature a brand new float, “Mickey’s Illusion Manor”, designs of which are inspired by the resorts Phantom Manor dark ride. Mickey Mouse will be featured on this new float, wearing three different costumes… however they plan on doing that!

Merchandise – Disneyland Paris is also set to receive loads of new merchandise! There will be a series of models featuring Disney characters, as well as merchandise taking inspiration from some of the resorts famous attractions, such as the Tower of Terror! Also coming on sale this summer is the special 50th Anniversary Pirates of the Caribbean book that was sent out to some Disneyland Paris fan sites and social influencers last year, which will accompany the addition of a Phantom Manor book.

Phantom Manor – Phantom Manor, Disneyland Paris’ very own version of the Haunted Mansion will reopen in Autumn this year, and will feature a reworked storyline, fully renovated scenes, fully refurbished animatronics, and loads of new special effects! As well as this, there is work to include a new photo location in the area nearby the ride.

Me and the wife are taking our 4 year old back for Halloween for a short 2 day trip.

We're guna skip the Studios park though this time whilst Ratatouille is being refurbished. I don't think it's personally worth going back for a while now considering we visited last year and they will be doing lots of construction in next few years also in prep for the major expansion. I can see it being a bit like Hollywood studios has been lately whilst they are expanding.

2 days in the main park and hopefully get to do the newly refurbished Phantom Manor and if we are lucky meet Jack Skellington too. :)

2 days in the main park and hopefully get to do the newly refurbished Phantom Manor and if we are lucky meet Jack Skellington too. :)

Last year they weren't planning on having Jack Skellington out but eventually gave into public demand. We met him and he was a great character photo op and had some great interactions with him; however I never saw him without a ridiculous line.
We got in one morning for park opening and waited during EMT to then wait another 30/40 mins. He is very popular and they also close his queue line if its going to extend past the scheduled time.

Last year they weren't planning on having Jack Skellington out but eventually gave into public demand. We met him and he was a great character photo op and had some great interactions with him; however I never saw him without a ridiculous line.
We got in one morning for park opening and waited during EMT to then wait another 30/40 mins. He is very popular and they also close his queue line if its going to extend past the scheduled time.

Me and the wife already met "him" (sorry to spoil the fun)

The little lad wants Maleficent, Evil Queen and Jack this year. They are his main 3.

Looopings are reporting that DLP are introducing paid fastrack this summer. Guests may pay €15 to skip to gain fastrack entry on to select rides including Big Thunder Mountain, Hyperspace Mountain, ToT and Ratatouille.

Looopings said:
Disneyland Paris is introducing a paid alternative to the well-known FastPass service this summer. For 15 euros per person, visitors can skip the queue at one attraction. They may then use the FastPass queue once.

The system works at nine different attractions. These include Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Hyperspace Mountain, Star Tours, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, Peter Pan's Flight, Ratatouille, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

Disney Access One tickets can be purchased at souvenir shops near the attractions. This is an experiment that runs from Tuesday 24 July up to and including Sunday 30 September. Incidentally, Indiana Jones and Ratatouille are closed in September.

A limited amount of tickets is available daily. "We are always looking for new ways to meet the expectations of our visitors" , let Disneyland know in a press release. "This way, guests can take a ride in one of our most popular attractions without having to wait a long time." They also receive a "small surprise" when they buy a ticket.

Disneyland Paris offers no option yet to pay for the unlimited skip of the queues. Visitors must purchase a separate ticket per attraction. A family with two children who wants to use Disney Access One at two attractions, for example, will lose 120 euros on top of the admission price.

Subscription holders receive a discount. Those who have a Magic Flex or Magic Plus subscription pay 13.50 euros for one Disney Access One ticket. A VIP subscriber with an Infinity card will lose 12 euros. The normal FastPass service - which is free - remains unchanged.

Disneyland Paris is not the only Disney park that offers a paid pre-booking service. Shanghai Disneyland uses a similar system under the name Disney Premier Access. At Disneyland in California, visitors can opt for MaxPass, which allows them to make FastPass reservations for $ 10 per day using an app.

Yippee! (said no-one)

:)

15 Euros seems underpriced! Interested to see what quantities it will be sold in.

Yippee! (said no-one)
Yippee said Rick! Are you not planning to use any paid fast track on your US trip?

Sad to see, but if it's 15 Euros for all of them that isn't too bad imo.

I should point out that it is €15 per ride. So if you did want to use it once on the 9 rides listed it would cost €135.

Yippee said Rick! Are you not planning to use any paid fast track on your US trip?

At some parks yes. I am not against paid fastrack in principle and welcome it for such trips. I just think it is a shame that a park that has a free system which works pretty well is looking at introducing a paid option.

No doubt free fastrack will be a thing of the past at Disney parks in the future.

Reactions: Ted
I think the key is that the likes of DLP and EP work very well without paid Fastrack.

Selling it means the whole charade becomes a vicious cycle.

I cannot see Efteling and EP etc. holding out much longer. Sadly.

I think the key is that the likes of DLP and EP work very well without paid Fastrack.

Selling it means the whole charade becomes a vicious cycle.

I cannot see Efteling and EP etc. holding out much longer. Sadly.
I don’t know about Efteling but haven’t EP said that their infrastructure just wouldn’t work with paid fastrack due to the space on paths?

I should point out that it is €15 per ride. So if you did want to use it once on the 9 rides listed it would cost €135.

At some parks yes. I am not against paid fastrack in principle and welcome it for such trips. I just think it is a shame that a park that has a free system which works pretty well is looking at introducing a paid option.

No doubt free fastrack will be a thing of the past at Disney parks in the future.

That is what fast track should be charge, especially over her in the UK (£15 per ride), would help keep the fast track queue lines down and help quicker movement of the main queue line

That is what fast track should be charge, especially over her in the UK (£15 per ride), would help keep the fast track queue lines down and help quicker movement of the main queue line
Which sounds sensible, but all those who don't buy Fastrack are then in the main queue line!

Wait, so are they scrapping free fastrack? Or will this be an "anytime", joining the queue with the free timed timed slots? Or does a paid ticket let you skip in front of that as well?

Which as RoyJess said, helps keep the Fast Pass queuelines down and in turn speed up the main queue.
But the main queue is longer! I think it makes you feel better about your queueing experience and perhaps provides a better feeling of equality among guests, but the ride still shifts 1000 people per hour, whether that's a 950/50 split or 600/400 split.

Depends how the queue is managed, I guess.

Wait, so are they scrapping free fastrack? Or will this be an "anytime", joining the queue with the free timed timed slots? Or does a paid ticket let you skip in front of that as well?

It sounds like it is the second of your three options on a trial basis until the end of September. Free fastrack will remain for now.