Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Maelstrom, 28th Apr 2014.

1. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Alton Towers Monorail
    Considering its meant to be one of the most magical places on earth the wait for food does it bit to reduce the magic...

Tink242424 likes this.
  2. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

It's never not queuing out the door, and when it is you're looking at about a 20-30 min wait, no exaggeration.

Tink242424 likes this.
  3. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I often see on Twitter fansites of Disney Paris moaning about food, just seems to be a constant problem, and the cuts to food seem worse than a merlin park, with outlets even closed on peak days, or not open to full capacity.

It must lose them money as people won’t want to queue for ages to get food, so they’ll probably go to Disney village for stuff, or only have the one meal rather than two of the perks open late.

4. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

What’s the feeling on DLP generally now Disney are in control? Is this food service problem a hold-over from the old regime, something Disney have instigated themselves or just not yet sorted out?

5. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    I've been meaning to visit Disneyland Paris again for years as my girlfriend's never been. But it's just too expensive and the food is the main problem! I can get better and cheaper at Europa, so we do.

6. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

The food issue has been around for years. Sadly Disney don’t seem to have made any improvements since taking control. If anything, restaurant availability is getting worse.

venny likes this.
  7. Ian

Ian TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Monster
    I’d say on the whole the quality of restaurant food has improved. When we went in early November we had full board and made a point of only eating at full table service restaurants to get the best value.

However, the park are clearly struggling to keep all F&B outlets open. We dined at Silver Spur (highly recommended!) on our first day as it closed after that. Hathi’s Pizza Outpost was closed the whole time. Walt’s has also been mothballed for some time as well it seems. It’s a real shame as the table service has come on a lot in my opinion.

Quick service has always been a problem. The offering is generally pretty uninspiring and they simply don’t have the capacity to handle the volume of guests they need to serve. They’ve flip-flopped a lot in their history to try and get the balance right, but they never seem to have quite managed it.

But besides the closures, the most bizarre thing I find about DLP is making restaurant bookings. In the UK you have a phone number to call which patches you through to Team Disney in America (though not before they’ve ruptured your eardrum blasting Lost In The Magic down the phone before every IVR message). However, certain countries have the ability to book online including Spain, the Netherlands and Germany (though not France!). This means you’re able to check for closures or fully booked days in advance without having to wait on the phone. Just make sure you get the English menu when arriving at your booking :tearsofjoy:

DiogoJ42 and djtruefitt like this.
  8. Tink242424

Tink242424 TowersStreet Member

As a note anyone can use the Spain, Netherlands & Germany websites to make restaurant reservations. I did this early this year for a trip in May and I'm in the US. So don't be afraid to use the other sites. ;)

9. Ian

Ian TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Monster
    Yeah they clearly know people do it as well. When we arrived at Silver Spur the cast member got very confused that we didn’t want Dutch menus. She then started fiddling with the PC for a few minutes and mysteriously at all future bookings the screens showed the reservation as from the UK... :tearsofjoy: I’m assuming they can go on and make a change and the system cascades it to all reservations in the same name and details.

All you have to do is change the website language and navigate to the Restaurants section. Then you’ll see a button to make a reservation alongside each listing that allows it.

Tink242424 likes this.
  10. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

What's the story with Hyperspace Mountain? Is it reverting back to Mission 2, or the original, and when?

Edit: just seen that the latest iteration of HM in Anaheim opened on 4 May 2019 and will close on Monday.

11. evilcod

evilcod TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Paris
    This is only a guess but Star Wars is a big money maker so I would expect we will see Hyperspace stay around until the new Star Wars area opens in studios which is a good few years away yet.

After that my guess would be a new version of the original theme based on the train design.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TheBolt, MattyH, Sam and 1 other person like this.