• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

This is a new general outfit for her, replacing the famous red polka dot skirt that she's worn for over 100 years.

Honestly I don't actually care one bit about this news. She's still there isn't she? What's the difference?

I can see the Disney die hards raging though. They don't like change with anything.

This is a new general outfit for her, replacing the famous red polka dot skirt that she's worn for over 100 years.
No it isn’t, it’s a temporary change for the 30th anniversary.
The BBC article you linked to states “Despite the change being just a temporary one”

Minnie and Mickey have new costumes all the time for special events. The only reason people seem to be “offended” by this one is Stella McCartney decided on a pantsuit.
Here is Minnie & Mickey in new costumes for WDWs 50th, but no one seems to be up in arms over these!
https://allears.net/2021/02/19/news...-wardrobe-for-disney-worlds-50th-anniversary/

People (read Fox News) outraged over a temporary outfit for a FICTIONAL character who is a costumed character because people are idiots.

If you're too busy fighting a culture war you're not fighting the class war.

I hate the modern world. Because people are actually upset over this. When it means absolutely nothing. But sure we're making men into women and women into men.

Honestly I'm not a fan. Not so much about the trousers, but it just isn't a good outfit; it's not feminine and it's not flattering, and the black-on-blue spots aren't doing it for me. Also I don't see why a female character can't wear feminine clothes and still be empowered. Maybe I'm overthinking this?

Honestly I'm not a fan. Not so much about the trousers, but it just isn't a good outfit; it's not feminine and it's not flattering, and the black-on-blue spots aren't doing it for me. Also I don't see why a female character can't wear feminine clothes and still be empowered. Maybe I'm overthinking this?
Glad I'm not the only one on here! I just don't think it suits her tbh.

why would a pantsuit make her any less empowered?

It's about time she put that dress in the wash. It's always been an irritance of mine that Disney characters wear the same clothes every day. Much like those geeks who only seem to have worn a Smiler hoodie since 2013 without taking it off.

I think you will find Minnie's new dress is temporary and for the 30th at Studios Park. She has a different dress in the castle park for the 30th.

I think avengers campus will look good and I hope the character interaction is a big part of this area like in Anaheim. I think the lake which is coming in in leaps and bounds will help space guests out and with frozen and the other land (reports say star wars looks 50/50) with its rides it could really help with visitor numbers. What I would like to see is the expansion pad in the main park used for Indiana Jones or something in adventure land.

How would people feel about Micky and Minnie's runaway railway in the fantasy land expansion pad?

My biggest hope is a new fireworks show.

I think you will find Minnie's new dress is temporary and for the 30th at Studios Park. She has a different dress in the castle park for the 30th.

I think avengers campus will look good and I hope the character interaction is a big part of this area like in Anaheim. I think the lake which is coming in in leaps and bounds will help space guests out and with frozen and the other land (reports say star wars looks 50/50) with its rides it could really help with visitor numbers. What I would like to see is the expansion pad in the main park used for Indiana Jones or something in adventure land.

How would people feel about Micky and Minnie's runaway railway in the fantasy land expansion pad?

My biggest hope is a new fireworks show.

It is high time we got some new attractions in Disneyland Park, it has been too long. I would like to see a new dark ride in Fantasyland - either Mickey and Minnie clone, or would still love to see the addition of a Beauty & the Beast ride as in the original plans. I think Frontierland is in serious need of something new, potentially in front of Adventureland or Discoveryland - there is a lot of space where the old Critter Chorale used to be near the railroad station and that end of the land feels a bit pointless and lacking in its current state compared to the other end with Phantom Manor/BTM/Riverboat Landing.

In terms of the Studios, even with Avengers, Frozen and Star Wars (or whatever that last thing ends up being) I still think it needs some more attractions to feel like a complete park - perhaps Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railroad could go in one of the sound stage buildings instead of Fantasyland (Animagique/Cinemagique).

Most of the conversation online seems to stray into fairly predictable nonsense, claiming that Disney is “destroying the fabrics of our society” and the like.

Most people seem to be taking issue with the fact that irrespective of what you can extrapolate from the (temporary) change, if you so desire - it seems to be largely focussed on how it impacts recognition of the character and their traits.

If you put that image in front of 100 people, would they all recognise it as Minnie Mouse? I’m not sure.

If Nike changed their tick to a cross, or McDonalds changed their golden M to a blue one, it’d be confusing. Minnie is little more than a corporate brand, but if it helps people score outrage on social media, god bless them for their service in the culture wars.

In terms of the Studios, even with Avengers, Frozen and Star Wars (or whatever that last thing ends up being) I still think it needs some more attractions to feel like a complete park - perhaps Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railroad could go in one of the sound stage buildings instead of Fantasyland (Animagique/Cinemagique).

The studios needs more attractions, not replacements.
I would also like to see more unique things, not just clones of what the US parks are getting.

Disneyland Parc needs a new attraction, but the main issue at the studios is the single attraction lands, avengers campus needs one or two more attractions, star wars should have more than one ride.

I would also like to see more unique things, not just clones of what the US parks are getting.

Disneyland Parc needs a new attraction, but the main issue at the studios is the single attraction lands, avengers campus needs one or two more attractions, star wars should have more than one ride.

The big problem with unique attractions is that they take France so long to develop and build (look at Ratatouille) I mean a simple refurb if phantom manor took way way to long. I fear it will all be kicked down the road when epic universe opens in Florida as Disney will be on a reactive last minute scramble to counteract what's happening at universal and it will take up all the resources. I hope plans are now happening for Paris before it's put on the back burner again.

And we don't know which Star Wars attraction DLP will be getting.

The big problem with unique attractions is that they take France so long to develop and build (look at Ratatouille) I mean a simple refurb if phantom manor took way way to long. I fear it will all be kicked down the road when epic universe opens in Florida as Disney will be on a reactive last minute scramble to counteract what's happening at universal and it will take up all the resources. I hope plans are now happening for Paris before it's put on the back burner again.

Disney takes too long and spends too much developing anything to be honest. They really should have better plans in place for Florida and Paris. I think they are hoping that Tron Lightcycle is an "answer" to Epic Universe unfortuantly.
Disneyland California is also getting a clone of Runaway Railway, it does just feel like they can't be bothered to come up with original concepts anymore.

Disney takes too long and spends too much developing anything to be honest. They really should have better plans in place for Florida and Paris. I think they are hoping that Tron Lightcycle is an "answer" to Epic Universe unfortuantly.
Disneyland California is also getting a clone of Runaway Railway, it does just feel like they can't be bothered to come up with original concepts anymore.
Isn't Disney doing what it has always done? Taking great concepts and reusing them in multiple places (Space Mountain, Pirates, Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder etc). They do come out with E-Tickets that aren't cloned. If Tron has been a big hit in Shanghai, why wouldn't you bring it to the US?

Arguably, rides can be bigger and more complex if they are able to share R&D across parks and continents. Feels like it would be a non-issue for a very high percentage of Disney visitors (as opposed to Disney fans).

I think Paris needs to just get what it can to get some new rides - a clone of M&M is far more realistic and quicker than development of a whole new unique ride. I completely agree in an ideal world it would get plenty of unique attractions, but the Studios in particular needs quick fixes to improve the line up.

While I agree Studios needs more attractions, not replacements - it currently has a lot of "shows" with Mickey & the Magician, Stitch Live, D-Factory, Frozen Celebration and Cinemagique - and I think a lot of people would rather see a proper ride in place of one of these and Mickey & Minnie would be a good fit for living in the actual "studios" part of the park. The fact the building already exists etc would also make construction far quicker. The alternative would be to have it behind Tower of Terror on the walk up to the lake.

The speed at which refurbs happen also needs improving in Paris - for example "It's A Small World" closed before Christmas for a refurb and is going to be closed until at the least autumn by the looks of it - an entire year pretty much without one of Disney's most famous attractions is not really acceptable.

Isn't Disney doing what it has always done? Taking great concepts and reusing them in multiple places (Space Mountain, Pirates, Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder etc). They do come out with E-Tickets that aren't cloned. If Tron has been a big hit in Shanghai, why wouldn't you bring it to the US?

Arguably, rides can be bigger and more complex if they are able to share R&D across parks and continents. Feels like it would be a non-issue for a very high percentage of Disney visitors (as opposed to Disney fans).

Exactly this.

What theme park enthusiasts seem to forget is there are very few people who are going to visit every Disney park in the world. With the exception of Disney World which was built because Disney Land couldn’t expand, all the other parks have been placed to take the Disneyland experience into a different territory. By default this means rides will be duplicated across the parks as people want the rides they see in America closer to home.

It’s just enthusiasts who have a beef with it because they are the ones traveling the world to go to theme parks.