• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Seen reviews of the Spiderman ride too and it's not great is it? Essentially its the Ninjago ride but not as well done. They have apparently made Web Slingers to use on the ride but must be purchased in the shop for about 30 quid each.

Really starting to fall out of love with Disney. I understand all parks need to make money but this is just pure and utter greed now.

Seen reviews of the Spiderman ride too and it's not great is it? Essentially its the Ninjago ride but not as well done. They have apparently made Web Slingers to use on the ride but must be purchased in the shop for about 30 quid each.

You can still ride it without paying 30 quid, I think you just do it with your (unthemed) wrist.

Agreed that it looks boring as all hell, though.

Really starting to fall out of love with Disney. I understand all parks need to make money but this is just pure and utter greed now.
Shawn Sanbrooke has just uploaded a DCA vlog, and it features that version of Webslingers at 21:30 (spoilers obvs)

Shawn Sanbrooke has just uploaded a DCA vlog, and it features that version of Webslingers at 21:30 (spoilers obvs)

Thanks.

Yeah he kind of says the says the same thing I have heard others say. Definitely feels like a very cheap attraction by Disney standards.

This DLP Marvel expansion really isn't anything to get excited by at all. A coaster being rethemed and this mediocre dark ride is really well below the standards I expect.

What makes matter worse is the former Rock 'n' Roller coaster now going to be the Iron Man Coaster is keeping the OTSR too it seems :( Trains have had some serious work done and been rethemed but they have kept the restraints which for me was always was the worse part of the attraction. It's a very uncomfortable ride experience and it's a head rattler in places too.

Maybe there's been some serious re-tracking done to help combat this but my word this new area is really turning out to be a complete and utter steaming pile of you know what. No doubt given the popularity of the IP it will still make them a lot of money though.

Reactions: D4n
What makes matter worse is the former Rock 'n' Roller coaster now going to be the Iron Man Coaster is keeping the OTSR too it seems :( Trains have had some serious work done and been rethemed but they have kept the restraints which for me was always was the worse part of the attraction. It's a very uncomfortable ride experience and it's a head rattler in places too.

Maybe there's been some serious re-tracking done to help combat this but my word this new area is really turning out to be a complete and utter steaming pile of you know what. No doubt given the popularity of the IP it will still make them a lot of money though.
To be honest I've neverbhad a really big problem with OTSR, I've always preferred them over lap bars you'd find on Rita, or Stealth. I just feel like im going to fling out of my seat fr XD.

I share some of your concerns about this area but let’s face it, it will be a significant improvement over the area that stood there before. It was possibly the worst theme park area of any Disney park ever. A mix of visible corrugated metal warehouses with 2D signage stuck on the front and grey concrete everywhere.

Avengers Campus looks to be themed well and will provide a much better experience, I have purposely avoided reading up and watching anything regarding webslingers as a I want to experience it without spoilers, I know it isn’t going to be an e-ticket level attraction but happy to go in with an open mind.

They're almost non existent, they're so thin that it feels like there's only a lap bar there for me.

It doesn’t feel non existent when it’s jabbing you in the neck on Rita!

I share some of your concerns about this area but let’s face it, it will be a significant improvement over the area that stood there before. It was possibly the worst theme park area of any Disney park ever. A mix of visible corrugated metal warehouses with 2D signage stuck on the front and grey concrete everywhere.

Avengers Campus looks to be themed well and will provide a much better experience, I have purposely avoided reading up and watching anything regarding webslingers as a I want to experience it without spoilers, I know it isn’t going to be an e-ticket level attraction but happy to go in with an open mind.

Although the Avengers theme is better than the generic movie lot backstage theme, it still suffers from being highly themed on the outside while not really containing many rides or attractions in the area. Both at DCA and WDSP.

Although the Avengers theme is better than the generic movie lot backstage theme, it still suffers from being highly themed on the outside while not really containing many rides or attractions in the area. Both at DCA and WDSP.

I'm hoping to go this summer (after plans for 2020 and 2021 were both postponed) when hopefully Avengers Campus will be open.

I kind of agree that it will be a vast improvement on what went before but the issue I have is Disney is only really replacing what was already there in terms of attraction count, which is something the Studios park is really in need of bolstering. This re-development has now been going for 3+ years and it's ultimately not going to make the park much bigger/better than it was in 2018. At least when Toy Story Playland opened it added 3 new attractions to the line up (even if they are relatively average rides) and I wish they would do similar over the other side of the park. A couple of standard-Disney dark rides wouldn't go a miss here, they don't have to be E-Ticket or amazing technologically, just something to add a bit of variety to the park. Even once Frozen land is complete (adding 1 attraction) and Galaxy's Edge is complete (adding 1, maybe 2, attractions) the Studios will remain little more than half a park in terms of attraction count.

Add to this that due to the investment in the Studios, Disneyland Park has had nothing new in years (decades at this point) and it really shows the issue the resort has. Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland could all do with new attractions but at this point it feels like it will be 2030 at least before they are given any attention - I first visited DLP in 1994 and since then the only notable additions have been Space Mountain and Buzz - and this is for a castle park that always had a relatively low number of attractions compared to Orlando/Anaheim/Tokyo etc.

I think it would be quite difficult to retrofit lap bars on to those old Vekoma trains to be honest. New trains would have been great, but probably not worthwhile. I never thought the ride was that bad to be honest.

Very much looking forward to seeing the completed Avengers Campus. It will no doubt be a vast improvement on the soulless expanse that was there previously.

I think it would be quite difficult to retrofit lap bars on to those old Vekoma trains to be honest. New trains would have been great, but probably not worthwhile. I never thought the ride was that bad to be honest.

Very much looking forward to seeing the completed Avengers Campus. It will no doubt be a vast improvement on the soulless expanse that was there previously.

Always a real head basher for me was R 'N' Rollercoaster. Really not comfortable on the shoulders either being 6ft 5.

I think new trains with lap bars would have been incredible. The feeling you get on an coaster with only a lap bar is infinitely better. A bit of a shame really.

I'm sure the new area will definitely look a whole lot better though. That's for certain. Just feel like it needs a huge E ticket ride going in there too. Maybe they will close the stunt show one day and add it there eventually.

Always a real head basher for me was R 'N' Rollercoaster. Really not comfortable on the shoulders either being 6ft 5.

I think new trains with lap bars would have been incredible. The feeling you get on an coaster with only a lap bar is infinitely better. A bit of a shame really.

I'm sure the new area will definitely look a whole lot better though. That's for certain. Just feel like it needs a huge E ticket ride going in there too. Maybe they will close the stunt show one day and add it there eventually.
How about the vest restraints used on Space Mountain? Do you think they would be better?

unknown.png

Mini Mouse has had a makeover, and her new costume is being introduced at DLP first before being extended to the other parks.

Current costume (that has been used for 100 years!):

53453009-10449129-Minnie_who_was_created_almost_100_years_ago_in_1928_has_famously-a-64_1643310399876.jpg

New costume (designed by Stella McCartney):

_123037867_mediaitem123037866.jpg

Personally I prefer the red, as the blue just looks wrong.

Thoughts?
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Bob Paycheck: "How about I do anyway!"

Sorry but don't Mickey and Minny always get special outfits for celebration events, ride openings and also just different areas of the theme parks.

Sorry but don't Mickey and Minny always get special outfits for celebration events, ride openings and also just different areas of the theme parks.
This is a new general outfit for her, replacing the famous red polka dot skirt that she's worn for over 100 years.