• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

A big part of the project is removing asbestos from the building, which is apparently proving tricker than planned.

I believe the entire ceiling in the attraction (that you referred to earlier) is also being entirely replaced.
As was the case for pirates and Indiana Jones and phantom Manor... It's like they never expected it?

Slow aka... France lol.

Not really? Disney take their time over projects whether it is France or over in the US (and probably the Asian parks also, but I don't follow those as closely). Just take Tron at Magic Kingdom for example.
Tron is a special case it's deliberately slow. They are trying to spread spend over different financial periods. With Paris it's more urgent. They know that park is a huge mess and could perform alot better.

Tron is a special case it's deliberately slow. They are trying to spread spend over different financial periods. With Paris it's more urgent. They know that park is a huge mess and could perform alot better.
Exactly, so it is a Disney problem and not a French problem.

I was referring to previous refurbished rides. PM , Pirates etc all over ran. Paris has a habit of going extra slow.

I think perhaps that you need to clarify that when you refer to Paris you mean Disneyland Paris rather than Paris as in the whole city itself to avoid confusion here.

There’s an old stereotype (especially amongst some older folk) that may or may not be true that things like service operations and construction projects go slow in France in general.

Last edited:
I think perhaps that you need to clarify that when you refer to Paris you mean Disneyland Paris rather than Paris as in the whole city itself to avoid confusion here.

There’s an old stereotype (especially amongst some older folk) that may may not be true that things like service operations and construction projects go slow in France in general.
Well obviously DLP as it's a DLP forum lol. Older folks may have more experience. I mean my experience between DLP and wdw shows quick service is painfully slow at DLP over wdw.

Disneyland Paris have debuted the "Magic over Disney" show in Walt Disney Studios taking over the Tower of Terror for 5 nights only (7th & 9th November, and 19th, 23rd and 25th of January 2023) with projection mapping, fireworks, and other spectacular effects.

(For those of you wondering if it feels a little familiar from about 30 seconds in... it's a almost completely identical clone in music and projections of Mickeys Mix Magic from Disneyland California, minus the Grim Grinning Ghosts song/scenes and a having shorter Let It Go dance remix...)

I have to say... I'm impressed.

I know it's been completely stolen from California's ex-nightly show and feels almost like DLP went rummaging through the skips at the back of Cali (but I'll forgive them on this occasion)... however it actually feels like it fits well, and they've done a great job with the projections too on the tower. The fireworks do feel a little over the top in some places, but it's really nice to see an - albeit very brief and fleeting! - night time spectacular in Walt Disney Studios.

Hilariously, as usual, the WDW fans are jealous too, which is always a bonus too :sunglasses:

I really reallyreallyreallyreallllly hope that they are using the show to gauge feedback - and of course I hope that its positive feedback - with an intention to maybe keep the show running longer, because WDS needs anything quite frankly some more entertainment too.

On a side note... I absolutely loved Mickey's Mix Magic and was gutted it was retired before I got a chance to visit California again... and I'm absolutely heartbroken it's only available for a few select nights at Disneyland Paris too now :(

Disneyland Paris have debuted the "Magic over Disney" show in Walt Disney Studios taking over the Tower of Terror for 5 nights only (7th & 9th November, and 19th, 23rd and 25th of January 2023) with projection mapping, fireworks, and other spectacular effects.
What’s happening on the weekend of the 19 January? Why the extra nighttime show those dates? Hotel prices seem high on some of those dates too.

What’s happening on the weekend of the 19 January? Why the extra nighttime show those dates? Hotel prices seem high on some of those dates too.

I can't figure the logic behind the dates either, they seem arbitrary and random. They are all mid-week days during normally quieter times... maybe its just the days they have spare techs and equipment?

It still screams of a pilot/test to me...

Disneyland Paris has debuted a small change to the castle shows with new LED 'lights' across and wrapped around each of the castle turret roofs.

A small segment at the end of the new Disney Dreams of Christmas show - 'Follow the Light' - shows the new lights in action alongside a new mix of 'Un Monde Qui S'illumine'...

From: https://twitter.com/DLPReport/status/1591543541733687299

I'm not quite sure what I think of them... they feel a little bit out of place in a few of the sequences, but otherwise I'm always pleased to see little improvements like this (especially when it upsets the WDW fan boys in the seemingly hilarious 50th vs 30th debate...) - although why does the right-most turret not have them on! :oops:

Bob Chapeks OUT!!!

And Bob Iger is back in... search it up.
I wouldn't really be all that happy, many crappy things we've seen come out of Disney lately were from Iger's reign with hardly anything from Chapek.

This is pretty much like cutting the head of the hydra.

I wouldn't really be all that happy, many crappy things we've seen come out of Disney lately were from Iger's reign with hardly anything from Chapek.

This is pretty much like cutting the head of the hydra.
At least the parks will improve in the of cleaners and Maintenance I guess...

He could only be there temporarily until Disney manages to pick a proper new CEO. The parks desperately need more Non IP rides, and I think they know it.

The parks desperately need more Non IP rides, and I think they know it.
Is that necessarily the case, though?

I'd actually argue that the parks are increasingly building IP rides and integrating IPs because that is what the contemporary park visiting populace wants from a Disney park. I'd wager that modern day guests would be disappointed if they went to a Disney theme park and couldn't interact with their favourite characters and ride rides themed to the characters.

I'm aware that that doesn't necessarily align with the wishes of enthusiasts, and I totally understand that, but I think that to the average park visitor, "Disneyland" conjures up mental images of rides themed to Disney films and characters these days, and they would be disappointed if the parks didn't live up to that.

At least the parks will improve in the of cleaners and Maintenance I guess...

He could only be there temporarily until Disney manages to pick a proper new CEO. The parks desperately need more Non IP rides, and I think they know it.
Iger isn’t going to change that. He set that they should be doing more with the IP they owned and set off buying more IP (Marvel, Lucasfilm, 20th Century). I don’t see this change making huge difference in the parks, particularly Paris.

Also this is already being discussed on the Walt Disney World thread.

Iger has been brought back to focus on making Disney+ profitable asap.

Anyone who thinks he is going to focus on the sector of the business that is best performing is pure delusional. I have read stuff like maybe they will get rid of the reservations systems, maybe they will get rid of Genie Plus etc.

These same people will be hammering Iger in a few months when nothing changes with the parks.

I will be happy if the new CEO adds some non-IP attractions, because I think that an original storyline is more important than a franchise.