• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

There was a table posted on Facebook a few months ago (probably about this time last year actually) that had when all the rides would be shut and when they re-open... If I find it I'll post it in here.
Taken from earlier in this topic (quite a lot earlier, so dates may have changed, but as far as I'm aware the only difference is the btm date, though I think it may be an error)
024a6d672ac052c975d241ccadd8583e.jpg

Cheers Leah. Obviously that's wrong as it's still closed :p So it is just behind schedule then or was always intended to close in 2016 for the refurb?

Time for a little DLP update!

Peter Pan's Flight has now re-opened, here is a video:

An aerial view of how work on Big Thunder Mountain is progressing:

13690941_1742276836054653_7543839178885166127_o.jpg

Source: Thunderide

Some rumours of what changes to expect when Pirates goes down next year from Woderful Disney:
Wonderful Disney said:
The Famous Attraction Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Paris if there will be a huge rejuvenated in 2017. Here are the first information that we wanted to share with you my dear friends:

• the attraction should close its doors on 9 January 2017 to reopen mid July,
  • the black pearl should take shape on a new screen in the first scenes of the attraction in the current location of the moon. Addition of different special effects including the mist in this same scene,
  • the lift (rise) would receive the mapping (Bat, shadows of Pirates, among other things... ) for greater immersion,
  • Captain Barbossa should be projected on a screen of water just before the first descent leading to the attack of the fort,
  • 2 New Audio-Animatronics of the infamous Jack Sparrow last generation should arrive. One of which with a special effect successfully tested in Shanghai Disney resort...,
  • the pirate who sways should be permanently deleted and replaced by a screen / mapping on the entire width of the scene that represent an attack of Pirates,
  • the last scene before the caves should be enhanced by a projection mapping enhancing the effect of fire. In addition, a 2th Water Curtain should be put in place just before the 2th descent,
  • all existing audio-Animatronics should be replaced or completely renovated and addition of Davy Jones at the entrance of the caves in replacement of the skeleton at the helm,
  • the sirens of the 4th opus would also in the form of projections in the waters of the caves,
  • the scene of the treasure should be sublimated she also by the mapping recreating the glitter of the spoils,
  • the music should evolve she also to include a few passages of those movies,
  • technical side, renovation of boats and added security bars, renovation of some scenery, etc...,
  • outer side: partial renovation of the facade of the fort, new sign at the entrance to mentioning the presence of Jack Sparrow,
  • the queue outside will receive new soil with addition of various sets strengthening then the immersion,
  • regarding the blue lagoon, he too will leave in rehabilitation. A new card would be scheduled and new furniture,
  • finally, a new photolocation thématisée Jack Sparrow should arrive in a new area to the left of the blue lagoon.
Information subject to confirmation.

And finally various rumours from ED92:
Translations from ED920 said:
Disneyland:
  • Fantasyland will get a makeover, could mean the end of Snow White and Pinocchio
  • a Frozen ride is planned
  • Indiana Jones possible for Adventureland
  • "Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!" will be the parade for the 25th anniversary (2017)
  • "Paint The Night Parade" is planned for the park's 30th anniversary (2022)
Studios:
  • the Tram Tour will be moved back to make way for a proper Hollywood Boulevard
  • a total of 4 new rides and 3-rethemes are planned
  • Toy Story Mania is coming
  • rides based on Marvel and Star Wars
  • a new parade is also coming
Resort:
  • 2 new hotels are coming
  • Disney Village will become larger and more upscale, with more of a festival atmosphere, rather than just restaurants

Unsure how accurate those rumours are. I pray that DLP don't get the god awful Move It! Shake It! etc. parade, this was one of the parades we saw at Magic Kingdom last year and it is truly woeful.

:)

The Pirates update sounds exciting. Hopefully the ride will become even more exciting but at the same time retain its classic feel.

I hope that the closure of Pinoccio and Snow White isn't a thing. As much as them not being E-ticket rides they're loverly charming support dark rides.

Frozen dark ride wouldn't surprise me at all, especially given the franchise's success.

Hopefully exciting times for the resort.

Holy cow, they drained the whole lake?

But forget that, THIS is what caught my eye:
2 New Audio-Animatronics of the infamous Jack Sparrow last generation should arrive. One of which with a special effect successfully tested in Shanghai Disney resort...,
Could this be the skeleton > Jack transition that we've all bee drooling over? :D

Holy cow, they drained the whole lake?

But forget that, THIS is what caught my eye:

Could this be the skeleton > Jack transition that we've all bee drooling over? :D
I think it will be. Got quite excited when I read that, can't really justify a trip to Shanghai just to see an animatronic.

Worried about the marvel rethemes in studios. Could we maybe see ToT become guardians of the galaxy?

Worried about the marvel rethemes in studios. Could we maybe see ToT become guardians of the galaxy?

I've been worrying about that, but luckily DLP take forever to do anything and with the rumour of creating a Hollywood street and would seem weird to then remove the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I believe there was, Ted, but I don't recall hearing anything else about it since the initial announcement.

From various things I've heard, Tower Of Terror shouldn't be getting the GOTG treatment (it better not be), but RNRC will likely get a Marvel retheme eventually. I think that area is becoming a Marvel land in the future.

I wouldn't mind the back end of Studios becoming a Marvel area. The Marvel brands out there are strong, kids and families love them, and they're surely only a positive when updating the likes of Armageddon! That and ripping out the waste of space that is Lights Moteur Action and replacing it with something adventurous and Marvel themed would be wonderful.

JUST DO NOT. EVER. EEVVEEER. TOUCH TOT. KK?

I feel as though both parks could do with a new investment, I understand the resort has had financial difficultys in past years but the amount of money that place must be making is unreal. I visited first last week and when I visited world of Disney the two families infront of me both spent €300 +. It makes me wonder why no investments since ratatouille (which imo is amazing!!!!)

Surely the resort can afford this and if not you think Disney would invest a bit more.

Unfortunately it's not that simple, the resort has massive debts, and struggle to turn a profit, most years due to the debt repayments they make a loss.

Unlike the American parks it isn't fully owned by Disney over the years though the various finance restructures Disney has increased the amount of shares they own, I believe after a restructure in 2015, they now own 76%. Disney also waived their licence fee for the use of everything Disney for a number of years to try and help the resort financially.

However it is expected that after the current rehab work that's taking place and Star Tours two opens we will start to see some new attractions added from 2018 onwards most likely will see a copy of Toystory Mania first at the studios.

Slowly but surely, the WDC are slowly buying up the park.

I last heard that it may not be until 2020 until,we see the next big ride, but rumours I've heard are:

The Marvel area retheme

Frozen ride

Midway Mania

Has anyone got any links to any official schedules or anything like that? I love the fact that there are two Disney Parks within driving distance (albeit a whole day driving) from where I live. However, I went in 2015 with my friends and I just don't have the motivation to go again this year. Nothing has changed much and nothing too new... C'mon guys, give me a reason to spend all my money!

Has anyone got any links to any official schedules or anything like that? I love the fact that there are two Disney Parks within driving distance (albeit a whole day driving) from where I live. However, I went in 2015 with my friends and I just don't have the motivation to go again this year. Nothing has changed much and nothing too new... C'mon guys, give me a reason to spend all my money!

Official ride closures are here http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

But not sure about show times schedules.

Wow. I'm certainly not going until late 2017 then. Let's hope it gets better not worse with the anniversary celebrations coming up...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Big Thunder Mountain, Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing and Pochahontas Indian Village are all set to re-open on Saturday 17th December.

Meanwhile, once Space Mountain re-opens after it's next phase of planning maintenance in March 2017 it will become Hyperspace Mountain (for a short while at least, maybe lasting the year if it is popular). It's good to see Disney giving Paris this also!

:)