• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Are the new trains 'new' or a new body/restraint mech on the old chassis?

Now if anyone has really good knowledge of passports please help. Just looking at the forms are hurting my head
Use Check and Send at your local Post Office. It's easy to balls the forms up - they're usually very helpful.

Big news!

The Walt Disney Company have today completed their takeover of Disneyland Paris! They managed to buy 97.08% of all shares which is enough to trigger a mandatory buyout procedure which will give them 100% ownership. There were concerns that they would not be able to aquire as many shares as they need and have to go through another recapitalisation so this is a huge relief!

Here is something in French:

DCMnIGeXYAAZrHB.jpg

:)

You know, I sort of don't like that. Disneyland Paris is my favourite Disney park because of the mostly untouched ride experiences since their installation.
If they install Johnny depp into Pirates, then they might want to take out insurance that covers fire damage.

I believe Disney were threatening to close the park if they did not gain full control because of its dire financial predicament. Now I doubt that would have actually happened but it says a lot about how they were feeling, it's just not been sustainable for them.

I believe Disney were threatening to close the park if they did not gain full control because of its dire financial predicament. Now I doubt that would have actually happened but it says a lot about how they were feeling, it's just not been sustainable for them.

Just a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys. Should have stood up for themselves. ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So what now? Are Disney going to go all-out to bring the numbers back up? Is the whole project ultimately doomed, even after twenty five years? It's such a complex issue.

Imagine if somebody bought DLP from Disney, running it as a sort of next-level version of those rip-off Magic Kingdoms across Asia. Such is the level of the infrastructure, I don't think anyone would want it.

For the immediate future, it will be about bringing the offering in line with the other parks.
  • Annual passes, expect several years of double digit percentage price rises
  • Cast members be more customer focused
  • Annual and overmight, maintenance to become normal.
  • More streetsmosphere
  • Online restaurant bookings
  • Better advertising / social media engagement etc.
  • Hotel chargeback in the parks
A lot of this has already started, but Disney can ssustain it.
Mid term, they'll stick Marvel on the left side of the Studios; sort out Discoverylands empty bits, make Disney Village a destination again, more character eating experiences.

Long term, we can hope for a Star Wars Land, and a big spend on the Studios to make itsomewhere Europeans want to go.

Went today, hove to say it wasn't the best experience, It lacks new Disney film attractions, the customer service is poor and there is hardly any thrill rides. Alton is a lot better!

Went today, hove to say it wasn't the best experience, It lacks new Disney film attractions, the customer service is poor and there is hardly any thrill rides. Alton is a lot better!

Paris actually was the first Disney park to have a rollercoaster that went upside down (Space Mountain). Disney don't really do thrill rirdes, particularly in castle parks. Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Rollercoaster are about their most thrilling, along with Everest at Animal Kingdom in Florida.

I think the lack of new rides at Paris is all to do with their atrocious finances, they had a strange set up from the beginning and have never been able to spend on the right stuff. They have now fixed a lot of the attractions that were falling apart and got the upgrades (Pirates, Star Tours) that every other Disney park already has. So hopefully they can improve everything soon.

Service is more to do with the fact it is in France I think :p

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril was opened 2 years before Space Mountain at Paris ;)

I learnt something new :)

I just knew that Paris had first looping coaster in a Disney park, I then got the wrong coaster! The first looping coaster in a USA Disney Park was Rock'n'Rollercoaster in 1999.

"We need a quick thrill. I know, let's get Intamin to clone one of the worst Pinfari designs of all time!"

..... This is why I wouldn't urinate on that park if it was on fire.

"We need a quick thrill. I know, let's get Intamin to clone one of the worst Pinfari designs of all time!"

..... This is why I wouldn't urinate on that park if it was on fire.
Same for DisneySea, then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you go to a Disney theme park for thrill rides, you are going to be disappointed.
They are about immersion and entertainment; some of which is provided with a rides.

Arguably, Paris forgot that themselves as a result of their financial woes. It has been attempting to reinstate this for the last couple of years - but Disney USA can hopefully work out how to match the experience of their other parks.