• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Wow, I kinda imagined the big US and Tokyo Disneylands, would be packing in a few world class thrill rides.
I think they should consider more to cater for older Disney fans.
Lol about service in France, it is dreadful out there as if your an inconvenience =p.

The counter service restaurants are one of the bits I never understand in France. Their procedures seem designed so the staff mostly stand waiting for things; instead of dealing with multiple orders simultaneously.
They need to get a branch manager from McDonalds in to explain how they could serve twice as quickly with half the staff.

Yeah, they wernt using all the tills when I was there, but even withe the ones they had open they could have been double speed if more efficient. Automatic intoractive pay points would have been nice to.

Going to Disney and expecting thrill rides o_O

Though ToT is still the best drop tower in the world, so that's something...

ToT is still the best drop tower in the world, so that's something...

Well, the Florida ToT is the best, because of the mechanism that (spoler alert) takes you out across the floor in the 5th dimension. That makes the whole think really spooky, as a lift definately shouldn't be able to do that.

I really don't think the 5th Dimension scene adds that much to the ride. Both versions of the ride have you moving into and out of the lift shaft, so you don't miss that effect in the other Towers. Dare I say the replacement scene (in which your ghostly reflection distorts into the Twilight Zone) is a better effect.

overal I'll concede that the Florida tower is better but marginally. If it's thrills you are after I actually think the structured drop sequence is better in Paris. As cool as the randomised sequences are in Florida it does sometimes mean you get a lesser experience.

Pirates officially re-opens on the 24th July and Disney & More have shared a POV of the updated attraction:

Awesome new animatronic at the end! :D

:)

It looks like Disneyland have done a grand job on Pirates of the Caribbean's refurb. Although I do have two dislikes, the first being the placement of the waterfall projection scene, I think it looks out of place on the lifthill and would have looked better in the grotto at the end and I think Barbossa would be more effective if he actually spoke as opposed to waving around and grunting.

Barbossa would be more effective if he actually spoke as opposed to waving around and grunting

In the Paris park that may well be a language issue. In French you limit understanding to a lot of guests, in English you annoy the French who want everything in their language as that is where the park is based.

In the Paris park that may well be a language issue. In French you limit understanding to a lot of guests, in English you annoy the French who want everything in their language as that is where the park is based.

Captain Jack speaks in both languages so I can't see why Barbossa couldn't be the same.

It's a shame Paris didn't get more announcements from the d23 expo. I'm gutted that hotel New York is being changed to marvel!

I don't know if it's just because I'm not a fan of these films but I really don't like Disney putting marvel into everything :(

It is no surprise that there were basically no DLP annoucments at D23. For starters the event tends to focus on the US parks (Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai barely got a mention either, Tokyo and Hong Kong's recent annoucements have been held independently). Then with Disney still in the process of officially acquiring DLP (I assume it has not all gone through yet) they will no doubt want to spend a little bit of time to review future plans and ensure their vision for the resort goes ahead.

I expect we will see an annoucement in the next 6 months or so. Studios park needs a total overhaul and I really hope they put a new E-ticket attraction into Disneyland Park, I love the park but it badly needs something new and exciting.

It think the Studios will get a quick retheme on the left as Marvel initially; before they add to the attractions.

Cinemagique will become a Marvel movie show, Stitch could become Rocket Racoon from GotG (?), Tower of Terror is ripe for GotG mission breakout, member retheme Rock n Rollercoaster as Spiderman? The studios tram tour scenes could become Avengers themed, and a big live action Marvel Motors show to replace the stunt show could work well. Armageddon could take on the Launch Bay exhibit from Orlando - which they will be getting rid of once Star Wars land is ready.

Playhouse Disney is a great attraction for younger visitors, but it couldn't stay there... so it willl probably have to go :-( A muppets puppet show bqsed on them dreseed as Marvel characters would be amazing :)

Anyone else completely uninterested in Marvel?

I'm not but I'm completely uninterested in anything Star Wars related. Guess it's different strokes for different folks. That's why Disney are opening marvel/star wars/tron attractions at different parks around the world to peak something from everyone.

I couldn't really give a flying monkeys about Marvel; it's not that I do not like Marvel, it just doesn't get me at all excited. However a good ride is a good ride, I love Spiderman at IOA!

Studios at Paris is clearly going to get a Marvel themed area. I just hope they stick to the back left of the park for it. Re-themed RNR, do something with Armageddon and install a brand new Marvel attraction. Then leave ToT as it is please!

I was thinking about the Paris Tower of Terror the other day. I really don't think the Guardians version would work with multiple languages. It's too story driven, in the sense that the plot is delivered through exposition. ToT doesn't need that. Visually you know you've entered another dimension, and the creepy vibe is on display long before its explained.

If they want to build a Guardians ride the Studios park would be the perfect opportunity to build something new from the ground up.

I was thinking about the Paris Tower of Terror the other day. I really don't think the Guardians version would work with multiple languages. It's too story driven, in the sense that the plot is delivered through exposition.
Split the queue into French and English towards the end - cast member chooses the appropriate dialogue for the next load.

Split the queue into French and English towards the end - cast member chooses the appropriate dialogue for the next load.
What about German, or Spanish, or ... insert other European language here.

I believe they already have multiple language options on ToT, but it's down to the operators judgment of what language best suits the group. It's not ideal, especially because the pre-show can be in one language and your ride in another. However has I said before ToT works regardless of the language.