• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I believe I have but that was a few years back
do you recall how they where? Any issues?

The general trend tends to be that cities hosting the Olympics actually see a drop in non-olympic related tourism as people stay away. I wouldn’t expect too much of an impact to Disneyland attendance.
That’s interesting- want to go during the summer holidays next year. Just weighting up if it’s best to go before/after…but maybe during is a winner

That’s interesting- want to go during the summer holidays next year. Just weighting up if it’s best to go before/after…but maybe during is a winner
A while ago now (...god I feel old...), but Thorpe and Chessie definitely saw a dip in attendance during London 2012.

Thanks - that’s interesting, I would have guessed the opposite. I think I’ll let ticket prices guide me, I’m sure the mouse will know what to expect and price accordingly.

We hosted the Olympic sailing in 2012 & at the time had multiple Merlin attractions here. The entire area received funding to bolster infrastructure etc & we actually saw a dip in visitor numbers as people avoided the area!

Not sure if that helps! Hopefully you'll find the right time to visit 😊

Brill, thanks, I’ll weight up all the options when the dates get released this week. We’re a family of 5 (kids 3,4 and 16 when visiting), and although I accept it’ll cost a small fortune, I don’t want true costs to go too mad…

Yes
The general trend tends to be that cities hosting the Olympics actually see a drop in non-olympic related tourism as people stay away. I wouldn’t expect too much of an impact to Disneyland attendance.
Yes this is the general trend - the only thing they’re adding in time for the Olympics is the Alice in Wonderland show, which is hardly adding all that much capacity to the park. I’m sure if they wanted they could have got the lake restaurant and Tangled ride ready in time but I don’t believe they will be. Disneyland Hotel will be back open so more hotel capacity.

I did for my trip there in January this year. No issues. :)
I used AttractionTickets for booking SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens, as well as EPCOT After Hours and Typhoon Lagoon H2O Glow. Not a single issue with them at all - everything was very quick and easy. Obviously this wasn’t for DLP, but I’d assume they’d be just as good for any park!

For EPCOT After Hours and the H2O Glow, I was actually directed by Walt Disney World to book the tickets for these events through AttractionTickets, so it’s definitely all legitimate etc too.

Have fun at DLP - I love it there!

Ok, so it’s all booked, decided to go before the Olympics, although the prices are pretty flat throughout July/August right now. Strangely, excluding Davy Crockett, the cheapest hotel family room (or 2 room combo) I could get was at the Newport Bay Hotel. Loads cheaper than Santa Fe.

Ok, so it’s all booked, decided to go before the Olympics, although the prices are pretty flat throughout July/August right now. Strangely, excluding Davy Crockett, the cheapest hotel family room (or 2 room combo) I could get was at the Newport Bay Hotel. Loads cheaper than Santa Fe.
Don't all the rooms have the US style two double beds in both Santa Fe and Newport Bay?

I don’t think so, lots of pull out bed/sofa bed options. They do have some family rooms in Santa Fe, but they were £600 more than a family room at Newport. Getting 2 adjoining rooms at Santa Fe was cheaper but still more than Newport

I don’t think so, lots of pull out bed/sofa bed options. They do have some family rooms in Santa Fe, but they were £600 more than a family room at Newport. Getting 2 adjoining rooms at Santa Fe was cheaper but still more than Newport
Okay, it was back in 2009 I stayed at Santa Fe with four adults in one room across two double beds. Back when breakfast was still included!

All standard rooms at both Sante Fe and Newport Bay have two double beds and sleep 4.

‘Family rooms’ are larger and usually have an extra sofa bed and so can sleep 6, but the configurations can vary.

Hey guys. Advice please!

Breaking with tradition and heading to Disneyland Paris this weekend instead of Europa Park. First time I've been to DLP since 1993! Looking for some general advice on planning/restaurants etc and any tips. Going with my wife and 4 year old.

We are staying three nights on site at the Newport Bay Hotel.

Thanks!

Hey guys. Advice please!

Breaking with tradition and heading to Disneyland Paris this weekend instead of Europa Park. First time I've been to DLP since 1993! Looking for some general advice on planning/restaurants etc and any tips. Going with my wife and 4 year old.

We are staying three nights on site at the Newport Bay Hotel.

Thanks!

Make the most of the extra magic hour - if you can get there about 15 minutes before it starts and be among the first in the park you can get a lot done. It can be tiring but worth it - you can then take a break in the afternoon and go back in the evening when it’s quieter again.

There’s a night show in both parks (well from Friday in the Studios) and they’re both incredible and worth seeing.

There’s a child swap service if you and / or your wife wants to go on the bigger rides. There’s also many single rider queues. Don’t do the single rider queue on your first time on Flight Force as you miss the preshow.

Dining at the resort is not great. I love Chez Remy and Walt’s and have heard great things about Pym Kitchen. I mostly eat at quick service - Hakuna Matata, Last Chance Café, Casa de Coco, Stark Factory and Super Hero Diner are solid choices. You can do mobile order on the app to skip the queues, which can be long. Annette’s Diner in Disney Village has some good burgers and is walk up only if you haven’t made reservations. The wait can be long during peak times though. Can’t go wrong with McDonalds and Five Guys in Disney Village.

Shows are a great at DLP - especially at the Studios park. I would recommend catching them all if you can. The Lion King show at the Disneyland Park is also good and the Dream and Shine Brighter show/parade is a must.

If you have some spare time I enjoy mooching around the hotels. They’re nice places to visit and have some character meet and greets than are sometimes quieter than the parks. The Skyline Bar in the Art of Marvel hotel is also a great place for a drink.

In terms of meeting characters you will need to book a slot on the app if you want to meet someone at Avenger’s Campus - the slots are dropped at designated times - 10 and 2 maybe? It’s not too difficult to get a slot if you’re on time and the wait is very short when it’s your time. Otherwise check the app for other character meets and times across the parks - although you will also come across characters that are not advertised on the app too. If meeting a princess is a priority then brace yourself for a long wait at Princess Pavilion - and the princess is a surprise so you might not get who you want. Mickey has his own dedicated Meet Mickey space and the queue can be long but not as long as Princess Pavilion.

Let me know if you have any other questions - you’re going to have an amazing time (Newport Bay Club is my favourite!).

Wow, thanks so much for this detailed response. Excellent stuff. Couple of questions...

Can I leave the parks, go back to the hotel and then return on the same day?
What time are the shows roughly?
Can you rent strollers/prams at the park? (Thinking the little one might need a break!)

Thanks again, really excited.

Wow, thanks so much for this detailed response. Excellent stuff. Couple of questions...

Can you rent strollers/prams at the park? (Thinking the little one might need a break!)

You can leave and re-enter the parks. Probably worth just checking if you need a hand stamp or pass scanned etc with a cast member on the way out.

The shows are generally varied throughout the day - I’m pretty sure you will find showtimes on their app! In the past I’m fairly certain there was a parade around 12pm and again at 3pm (ish). Fireworks are usually towards the end of the park day, if not at the very end. Again, all of this information should be available on their app or on a park map.

For strollers, you will be able to rent them from park entrance. It will probably be fine, but could be worth getting there a bit earlier to make sure they have got enough for you to rent? I doubt they will be ‘sold out’ at this time of year but you never know!

I hope that was somewhat helpful!

If you have a multi-day, two park ticket you can enter, leave and cross-over between parks as much as you like without any hand stamping (I’ve never done a single day or single park ticket, but I’d presume exit and re-entry is the same for those. I can’t recall ever seeing anyone stamping hands). Just keep your tickets handy to re-scan each time you want to enter. When we’re there we sometimes will have a morning in one of the parks, head back to the hotel for a swim and chill, then go back into a park for the evening later on.

For show times your best bet is to grab the app. You’ll find them all listed in there. Personally I find the DLP app far better than the WDW one!

Last edited:

Yeah the app is definitely your friend - showtimes are on there and you can mobile order food. The parade is only on once a day these days at 5:45 so only one chance to see it. I went with my nieces a few years ago and a pram is essential - especially with waiting around for the fireworks to start.

Anyone had experience booking restaurants through the Disney App? It says that’s they’re bookable ‘upon booking confirmation for hotel guests’, but it won’t let me go more than 2 months in advance…