• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Is your hotel booking showing in the app? You’ll need to make sure the booking is linked and showing in the app so that it knows to show the dates further into the future.

Head into Account, select My Hotel Bookings and tap the plus to add your stay. You’ll need the booking number (usually on any emails or confirmation documents you’ve received) and surname of the person who booked it so that you can link the booking to your account.

If I remember rightly, when you view your booking you might see a button to book restaurants which should take you in and reveal all the dates you can book up to. Usually though provided the booking is linked if you tap through the calendar to the month of your stay you’ll see the dates of your stay will show as selectable but dates outside of the dates will not.

Do note though that it can depend on the restaurant you’re looking to book, how far into the future you can go.

When is your stay out of curiosity?

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ve checked that and added the booking / still no joy with booking a restaurant. I’ll give it a little longer then contact them, it could be because the dates have just gone on sale. I’m going end of July next year, as soon as the kids finish.

Thanks, I’ve checked that and added the booking / still no joy with booking a restaurant. I’ll give it a little longer then contact them, it could be because the dates have just gone on sale. I’m going end of July next year, as soon as the kids finish.
I don’t think you’ll be able to book restaurants that far in advance. For comparison, with Walt Disney World hotel guests can only book restaurants from 60 days in advance. ☺️

It’s definitely two months before. You can book earlier if you’ve booked a hotel and it’s synced on your app. But it’s a bit vague how far in advanced. I would just check every so often.

Yeah I’d guess July is probably still a little way out yet. I’d check again maybe a every couple of weeks until November/December sort of time. I’d expect probably towards the end of this year you’ll start seeing next summer’s availability showing up.

Although tables can book up quickly, if you’re looking as far out as July I think you’ll be ok. I’ve come on to make reservations around September/October for stays in March/April before and never really had any trouble getting in where I wanted.

It’s a shame Mouse Dining don’t cover DLP. That site with invaluable to us in Florida last year and managed to snag us last minute reservations at Space 220 and Oga’s Cantina.

Just back from DLP, have left a trip report in the other forum, but one question from me...

Why have a single rider service on Space Mountain when wait times are at 70 min and not open it?

Just back from DLP, have left a trip report in the other forum, but one question from me...

Why have a single rider service on Space Mountain when wait times are at 70 min and not open it?
Was it not open at all? I have occasionally been there when they have temporarily closed the SRQ because it’s too long, but haven’t seen it completely closed. Only thing I can think of is lack of staff.

this is a more general question, but are there any plans for expansion in the Disneyland park itself? I know all about the WDS plans but is there anything in the pipeline for the main park? I only ask as since my first visit in 1993 and my recent visit in 2023, I don't think anything substantial has been added? I may be completely wrong here so please correct me if so.

It appears that DLP has a lot of room for expansion in the main park, particularly in Adventureland and Frontierland. I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that Splash Mountain was part of the original plan but removed due to weather concerns. I would have welcomed it last week tbh as it was 33 degrees.

Counter argument to Splash Mountain is that Europa Park does have a number of excellent water rides for the summer season so it could be done IMO.

this is a more general question, but are there any plans for expansion in the Disneyland park itself? I know all about the WDS plans but is there anything in the pipeline for the main park? I only ask as since my first visit in 1993 and my recent visit in 2023, I don't think anything substantial has been added? I may be completely wrong here so please correct me if so.

It appears that DLP has a lot of room for expansion in the main park, particularly in Adventureland and Frontierland. I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that Splash Mountain was part of the original plan but removed due to weather concerns. I would have welcomed it last week tbh as it was 33 degrees.

Counter argument to Splash Mountain is that Europa Park does have a number of excellent water rides for the summer season so it could be done IMO.

The last new attraction for Disneyland Park was Buzz Lightyear in 2006 and even that was replacing an existing attraction.

There has been no announcement or indication of them being close to announcing anything new for this park sadly. That’s not to say they don’t draw up plans in the background, but all the money seems to get thrown in trying to fix Walt Disney Studios Park.

It’s a real shame, there were certainly plans for expansions when the park was being designed; Little Mermaid in Fantasyland, additional Indy in Adventureland, Splash Mountain/Geyser Mountain in Frontierland. But the economic issues it had at opening, the lack of thrilling attractions for the European market and the subsequent Studios Park put a lot of them on hold.

Early funds went into increasing capacity and adding thrilling attractions, while subsequent investment went into rectifying studios.

There have been recent rumours of expansion to Discoveryland, bringing elements of Galaxy’s Edge (or an adapted Tron Lightcycle Run) to the unused Pizza Planet plot the otherside of the railroad.

yeah it's probably gonna be announced in conjunction with the other WDS lands as far as I know to stop fans complaining haha

The lack of any new attractions to Disneyland Park since 2006 is shamefully unacceptable to be honest. I love the park, it is beautiful, and many of the attractions they do have are top class. But to have had nothing new at all, wow, is there another major theme park in the world where that could be said? They get away with it because it is Disney. You'd like to think that the recent success of the whole Resort would mean future investment is certain, but I suspect they are quite content with focussing on Studios (which clearly is needed) and knowing that alone will keep people coming back.

Well, I’ve just booked the restaurants for July next year! Glad I booked the break on release day as the price for the same break has now gone up by £1000!

The lack of any new attractions to Disneyland Park since 2006 is shamefully unacceptable to be honest. I love the park, it is beautiful, and many of the attractions they do have are top class. But to have had nothing new at all, wow, is there another major theme park in the world where that could be said? They get away with it because it is Disney. You'd like to think that the recent success of the whole Resort would mean future investment is certain, but I suspect they are quite content with focussing on Studios (which clearly is needed) and knowing that alone will keep people coming back.
They’re facing some problems though with three coasters now over 30 years old. They are on their last legs. My friend is a cast member on BTM and the ride goes down as often as 3/4 times during his shifts.

There's sadly just not enough incentive for them to invest as they get good crowds despite little to no investment in new rides.

The sheer power of the Disney brand really is a license to print money.

In Florida they have to invest more into the resort as they have Universal on their doorstep. DLP don't really have anything on their scale to be concerned with. Closest thing is probably Europa Park and that's far enough away to not be a huge threat.

There's sadly just not enough incentive for them to invest as they get good crowds despite little to no investment in new rides.

The sheer power of the Disney brand really is a license to print money.

In Florida they have to invest more into the resort as they have Universal on their doorstep. DLP don't really have anything on their scale to be concerned with. Closest thing is probably Europa Park and that's far enough away to not be a huge threat.
This is a really good point. Why change something that isn't broken? (yet)