• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris Oct 2019

Benjsh

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Hi Guys.....just thought I'd write up a short trip report from this week at DLP just in case anyone was wondering how the Halloween season is going. Sorry about no pics but I'm very anti posting family pics online. I'm sure you understand.

Day 1 - Tuesday

Late afternoon flight to Paris. Travelling day so didn't do anything Disney wise. Early night once we got there. Stayed off-site too as we usually do in Val d'Europe.

Day 2 - Wednesday

Weather was absolutely horrendous. It rained most of the day so was a bit of a shame on our first day in the park.

We decided to put a brave face on though and stay in the main park and did all the dark rides and met Mickey etc to stay out of the rain. We didn't even bother with the parades, shows or illuminations because it was so wet. We saved them for following days where we were led to believe the weather would improve...... and thankfully it did.

2 goes on Phantom Manor most definitely the highlight of the day. The lowlight was of course the weather.

Day 3: Thursday

Weather again not great but it dried off by 2pm and thankfully stayed off for rest of day.

We did some more rides which we hadn't done the day before including BTM and Hyper Space Mountain and also met loads of characters which was what my little lad was looking forward to most on the trip. We met Jafar, Jack Skellington, Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook and Maleficent all on the Thursday. Not bad eh?

Highlight of the day: Jack Skellington meet and greet. Very lucky to get it too as it sold out on the lineberty app after 50 seconds earlier in day. He was amazing and a brilliant cast member. By far best meet and greet I have experienced. We had a good 10 minutes with him too. Certainly wasn't rushed.

Lowlight: Halloween show on castle stage. It was an utter mess. Worst show I have ever seen at Disney. It's been widely criticized as well and you can see why. Feels like it was planned two days before the Halloween season began. It just lacked everything. Shame.

Day 4: Friday

Our final day at the parks and we started off in the Studios for a few hours. People call it a half day park. It's not even that now. It's more like a 1/4 day park with the ride closures and the ongoing developments. After a few rides in Toy Story land, a go on Ratatouille, meet and greet with Minnie (via the app again) and several goes on T.O.T we decided to head back to main park once again. However I must say the new improvements to T.O.T really are great. The random drops really do catch you off guard and add to the thrills.

Back to the main park and it was time for re-rides on some of our favs, the parade and of course finishing our trip with Illuminations. Had an awesome meet and greet with Donald, Daisy and Scrooge all at same time too. I'm led to believe that's fairly rare to get all of them together.

Highlight of the day: Watching my 5 year old brave T.O.T. He loved it and I was worried he'd be too scared. He wasn't bothered about the re-rides but I certainly was. :)

Lowlight: The fact it was our last day. We didn't want to leave. Brilliant trip.

Florida 2021 now awaits. My 5th time to Florida but my lads first. Can't wait to see his face.