• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

DLP - Hotel New York & Strikes

petegeorge1

TS Member
Hopefully of use to anyone considering DLP during the strikes or the Marvel hotel.

Hotel New York is exceptional by any standards, not just Disney standards but anywhere in the world, it is eye wateringly expensive but if your budget can stretch to Marvel it is worth the extra. We were lucky enough to be able to afford a Spiderman Suite on the 6th floor (part of the Empire State Club) so there were some extra privileges. The staff really are amazing, their attention to detail was second to none.

Please note the youtube videos and these photos seem to make the rooms appear smaller, they are much bigger than the photos suggest (I just have an iPhone).
Spoiler alert - there are lots of freebies in the room; mickeys for the kids, marvel backpacks and drinks, a special key, all sorts of stationary etc....
I don't think these are provided in the standard rooms, it probably adds up to around 200 euros of merch if you were paying on site shop prices.

As part of the ESP you are entitled to a separate dining room (stock pic below as I didn't get any without kids :))) for breakfast (till 11am) then it's setup for afternoon tea. There is also an exec lounge on the 6th floor (pic below) for drinks and snacks later. These are definitely luxurious touches and by no means make or break but I can say that if you've been with hoards of people all day these quieter, dare I say exclusive, less crowded spaces are very welcome.

Happy to answer any questions as there is lots I haven't covered here.

We've just returned from a 4 night stay so right in the midst of the strikes but we barely noticed them. By mid June the strikes were a little more co-ordinated and expected so you can add an element of planning but if you go for a few days you should get in the parades, shows, fireworks etc....

We had meals at Chez Remy, Downtown, Annettes, Rainforest Cafe and various snack stops
Chez Remy, theming - excellent, food excellent, service - excellent
Same with Downtown although it is a self service buffet
Annettes, food what you'd expect from a diner, service a little slow.
Rainforest, service OK, food better than average.
Breakfast at the hotel was genuinely like eating at the Savoy.

Attachments

• DLP1.jpg
    DLP1.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DLP2.jpg
    DLP2.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 14
  • dlp3.jpg
    dlp3.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DLP4.jpg
    DLP4.jpg