• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

DLP: Ridiculous new refurb for Indiana Jones

When California Screamin' crashed quite severely at California Adventure a few years back, it transpired that Disney had made so many changes to Intamin's original ride system that their warranty with them was completely void!

I simply love how it's a bloody clone of a Pinfari. Never fails to make me smile.

Equally I like how it was never meant to exist this long either... It's bloody awful :p

It's just so dull and essentially pointless though - so many better layouts could have been out in! :p

Scott said:
I simply love how it's a bloody clone of a Pinfari. Never fails to make me smile.

Equally I like how it was never meant to exist this long either... It's bloody awful :p

Hang on. Really? it wasn't meant to be open this long? Disney don't build rides for the short term do they? All Disney rides that I can think of have very long shelf lives.

Enter Valhalla said:
Scott said:

Hang on. Really? it wasn't meant to be open this long? Disney don't build rides for the short term do they? All Disney rides that I can think of have very long shelf lives.
Well it's never officially confirmed but it was all a bit thrown together at the start of DLP's life as a cheaper alternative to any bigger Indiana Jones rides/area and was built using pretty cheap construction materials - hence why it now needs rebuilding.

Essentially Indiana Jones would have been a 'land within a land' featuring some kind of mine ride and a huge E-Ticket dark ride like Indiana Jones Adventure in the US. Due to budgetary constraints and the fact that Space Mountain wasn't coming for another few years, they built Temple du Peril instead, and it's been there ever since.

Well it's a pretty poor ride and the time where it went backwards was a ridiculous fiasco. Also when it opened its capacity was terrible. It was built by Intamin, but if they were modelling it on a Pinfari ride that just seems crazy.

This coaster is one of the roughest I've ever ridden. Even if they sort out the roughness, the layout's pretty poor as well. Knock it down completely, I say.

Nick said:
This coaster is one of the roughest I've ever ridden. Even if they sort out the roughness, the layout's pretty poor as well. Knock it down completely, I say.

Oh dear... there are far worse out there!! Admittedly any coaster that warns guests to remove earrings is always going to be up there in the rough stakes!

I find Indy to be rather a waste of time and space. God forbid if I ever see a queue of more than 5 minutes - I walk right past! By far one of the weakest Disney attractions out there, along with Primeval Whirl.

Sent using Tapatalk

I think the only thing that redeems Indy above Primevil whirl is the theming. The ride is at best boring and at worst painful.

If the rumours are true and they plan to alter the rides location could this also include the shortening of the queue? This would save a lot more space for a new project. As has already been said it doesn't need the queue it has, I visited at the end of the summer and never saw a queue out of the station.

When you see how unpopular this attraction is, they should rebuild the attraction with a different layout and not only alter the rides location.

You'd think that if they were going to this much effort, they may as well build something decent from scratch....

... Wait... Does this mean it's a new credit? :)

RCDB confuse me, refuse to add The Smiler even after an official announcement but happily update Indiana Jones based on rumours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DiogoJ42 said:
You'd think that if they were going to this much effort, they may as well build something decent from scratch....

Knowing how much Disney likes to pee away when Imagineering it's probably a lot cheaper this way, even if the coaster is essentially a whole new one :p

Compared to designing a whole new attraction, planning, manufacture, and construction (Including real stone if you want), I'd imagine it will be significantly cheaper is what I mean.