• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

DLP: Ridiculous new refurb for Indiana Jones

Unlike with other parks, where the main cost is the construction and the materials, with Disney it seems the main cost by far is the planning and design. The Imagineers must be on 100k+ salaries.

So the cost of replacing the entire track of a ride is pretty negligible by Disney standards, just spare change.

I refuse to use the "C" word when talking about counting coasters, just like I hate the word "tick", but if its a new track then its a new coaster. So anyone who wishes to count it again, is technically free to do so.

I see your point, but with rides as dire as this, what else is there to do but tick them off and move on?

Sam said:
Unlike with other parks, where the main cost is the construction and the materials, with Disney it seems the main cost by far is the planning and design. The Imagineers must be on 100k+ salaries.

So the cost of replacing the entire track of a ride is pretty negligible by Disney standards, just spare change.

But when there has been next to no major investment in the park for some time, excepting the long overdue Ratatouille ride, it IS a considerable amount of money being spent that could be invested in building a wider ride portfolio to bring the park up to the same level as its US cousins

I absolutely agree with Satch.

Personally I think this is an unnecessary and unoriginal expenditure. The money could be better put to use on a NEW and more thrilling attraction, with better capacity and throughput.

Seems like a cop out to me!

Sent using Tapatalk

It seems to me most of the work is happening due to similar issues that Chessington has had. They wouldn't just be doing this for no reason.

It will either be spend to fix the issues or close the ride forever and take a long time to replace it. I still think they are just rebuilding the loop and theming not a full retrack.

I think people would be more annoyed if it closed, was demolished and not replaced.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The main reason for their lack of investment has always been down to no money, high debt levels, and a lack of involvement from Disney themselves...

Hopefully now Disney have a bigger stake in Paris, we'll see some high end additions and hopefully the rides that never were added but designed to fit in...

The other day, an employee of the park climbed the tacky castle and threatened to throw himself off it unless he could speak to park CEO Philippe Gas. This he did, and was granted his request to change jobs.

I know this man has done this before, but he's far from the first DLP employee to commit or attempt to commit suicide! What is the dark secret at the heart of this park? Why do their staff so often feel that they have no other option...?

There's definately something dodgy going on at that place, as you say. Makes you wonder what it is? Is it as simple as dire working conditions? Maybe, but plenty of places treat their staff like crap, without this level of attempted / actual suicide.

It's almost as if there's something genuinely sinister going on there, and when the staff find out they can't live with the guilt of having been a part of it...
Next time I'm there, I'll have to keep a close eye out for strange masonic symbols.

Pretty sure just leaving Disney to find a new job would be a better idea than attempting suicide, surely the job market isn't that bad in France that there aren't other solutions?

It's not like people are forced to work for Disney. France Telecom, another large company who needs to make business decisions, had 24 suicides but they aren't seen as a evil company with a dark secret.

After a quick Google, Renault, teachers, doctors and the police are sectors which have also had a series of suicides.

Enjoy your crackpot conspiracy theories.

Sam said:
The other day, an employee of the park climbed the tacky castle

You really do love the Disney Bungalow at California don't you ;)

Had a friend who worked at DLP (as a costume character), he said it was hard work and high standards but not stupidly silly. Would suggest the cause of the staff response to issues is more in the general French proactive approach to work place grievances.

There's definitely an underground tunnel with a direct link to the secret Illuminati HQ under the Rothchild's mansion.

I bet there's some evil killer complex beneath the park with some Saw style contraptions. With a Mickey Mouse puppet: "you wanna make magic" *evil laughs*

Maybe that's what happens when people 'leave' DLP - and some discover this bloody truth and decide to die the easy way.

It's Walt Disney's unfrozen body, in an SS uniform, performing satanic rituals on children. That's why the people who see it kill themselves. Who wouldn't after that?