• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Do Adventure Land and Cloud Cuckoo Land still exist?

Do Adventure Land and Cloud Cuckoo Land still exist?

• Yes

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Adventure Land only

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Cloud Cuckoo Land only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Thameslink Rail

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
Hi everyone, my reason for posing this question is that the park has changed their opinions on these mini-areas several times recently and are frequently inconsistent between their map and website.
Starting with Adventure Land which has only included Spinball Whizzer/Sonic Spinball for several years appeared on maps until 2017 then in 2018-20 (preseason) as The Towers then since 2021 Spinball Whizzer has been depicted arealess, despite this the website says it is still in the Towers (along with David Walliams and the Retrosquad for some reason).
Cloud Cuckoo Land despite having the worst budget cuts in 2015 and 2016 kept going with three rides until 2019 when much of the area became David Walliams leaving just Cuckoo Cars Driving School which has since been depicted on maps as part as the Towers however the website says that it is the only ride in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
In my opinion, both these areas don't really exist and they are just stand-alone attractions now, (I'm also not sure Gloomy Wood should count because that is also just one ride but that's an argument for another time). What are your opinions?

Adventure Land is a funny one, as it’s actually one of the oldest areas on park, but has literally only had Spinball in it for years and years now. The maps always seem to just put Spinball in “The Towers” in recent years, even if it’s not really near the Towers at all.

However you’ll find Adventure Land does always make a reappearance every Christmas, when Spinball is always listed on the queue boards and website as being in Adventure Land. So Towers certainly still see it as an area in the park (but only at Christmas for some reason).

I would say Cloud Cuckoo Land is very much gone, driving school is very much on its own, even the Burger Kitchen doesn’t get mentioned as being located in CCL, but also in the Towers.

So the Towers area stretches from Spinball to the Towers, Fountain Square, Bugery Kitchen and Cuckoo Cars... mmmkay

I think that would make it the only area in the world that's a ten minute walk from end to end (especially since the Dungeons are also considered 'The Towers')

Adventure land is a non area in my eyes. I’ve often thought Spinball would work great if it was moved to Coaster Corner and placed indoors and themed around TWoDW. It would satisfy the planners because apart from the queue line, there’s be no noise. I’d then turn Adventure Land into a classic ride area with traditional fairground stalls. Nothing too garish due to the proximity to The Towers and Towers Street and something for all the family. For those that have been to Dingles Heritage Fairground in Devon, that’s the vibe I’m thinking of! https://www.dinglesfhc.co.uk/attractions/

I watched a video from @expeditionthemepark the other day about Spinball, and had no idea that Adventureland was originally part of what is now Cbeebies Land. It was split before Spinball was added.

Yup, if anything it's the other way round. Adventure Land was originally opened in 1986 as an area called Kiddies Kingdom. This area took up all the space currently occupied by Spinball, Octonauts and the station for Get Set Go. The farm followed a few years later in 1989.

The area in between the two areas was transformed into Storybook Land in 1996, borrowing land from both, but probably actually encroached more into Kiddies Kingdom than the farm (the Windmill/clock tower was moved to its current location to make way for the new area).

CBeebies Land was formed predominantly out of those later additions and actually expanded into Adventure Land with the addition of Octonauts in 2015.

That said, Spinball did somewhat divide Adventure Land when it was built. The area had previously been aimed squarely at children, filled with different types of play equipment and a couple of rides aimed at younger guests - The Gallopers and The Beastie. When Spinball arrived, half the area retained its kids attractions but Spinball brought a new demographic into the area. It was the final kids attractions that were removed to make way for the Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure.

A supporting flat ride and the return of the Noodles food outlet (which offered a good bit of variety in terms of food offerings) would make for a well rounded little area.

Indeed, if a Waltzer or Twister was going to truly fit into any area of the park, it was Adventure Land.

Last edited: