• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Do you hold a Merlin Annual Pass?

Do you hold a Merlin Annual Pass?

• YES

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • NO

Votes: 22 30.1%

• Total voters
I dont, I used to have an Alton Towers pass (infact I did for several years) but fell out with it a little.

I dont have a Merlin pass, as even tho there is now Merlinpool (Blackpool) in the north of the country its still a good 2 hour drive from me. The only merlin attractions within 2 hours of me are: Alton Towers, Scarborough Sea Life and Legoland Discovery Centre.

Not very good line-up for me im afraid.

I do indeed have a Merlin Annual Pass and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it!

Just gone through the past year so far (which was great for bringing back amazing memories :D) and thus (in individual days) so far this year:

Alton Towers: 13
Thorpe Park: 5
London Eye: 2
Legoland: 2
Chessington: 1
London Dungeons: 1
Warwick Castle: 1
Birmingham SEALIFE: 1

The thing I love about having it, and having friends who nearly all have them, is it gives us the freedom to just pop into an attraction if we're in the area, with no worries about cost or having to stay for however long to get our money's worth. Say what you will about the pricing of theme park tickets but I honestly think APs are fab value! :)

Got one, won't be renewing as Europe is cheaper and MUCH better value for me.

If they do a cheap £70 pass in January I may get it just to cover me for Scarefest, Fireworks a trip to Chessie and maybe the mid ways at a push, but I won't be going out my way to organise trips now. Europe costs me as much as a trip to Thorpe or 2 trips to towers by train.

Ive only got an Alton towers premium pass but will upgrading to a merlin premium pass on the 3rd of October

I do own an annual pass. The Merlin annual pass is the same price as many single park annual pass's and is very good value.

Better than £45 an entry atleast.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I've got one, got the MAP standard for £80 (?) (can't quite remember) when there was the half price sale in December/January. Best value Merlin product I ever bought! :p

I have a premium, this year so far I've done:
Alton Towers:16
Thorpe: 2
Chessie: 2
Legoland: 1
BLackpool stuff: 1
York Dungeons: 2

And starting maybe this Sunday but for definate next Sunday I will be there every Sunday until the end of season.

Yes. But I will not be renewing next year. As I renewed in April this year, I'll have time to experience SW7, but after that I will not be visiting for a very long time.

I feel somewhat let down by Merlin as a whole this year, and I don't fancy handing over such a sum of money for effectively rubbish customer service in response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I own a Merlin.......

In 2012 I have done so far.......

AT x 5/6 (Can't remember)
BP Dungeons
BP Tower
BP Sea Life
BP Tussauds

I have a trip or 2 to Towers planned and at least one visit to Scarborough Sea Life planned.

Without a MAP, my Towers count so far this year is 4, with 1 more confirmed for Scarefest and potentially fireworks. I think I'll definitely be investing in one next year hopefully for my first visits to Thorpe and Chessie.

Merlin Premium Pass for me, purchased half price through a very kind staff member friend of mine :) £98 (I think?) for a year. Same as last year! Got my moneys worth I think. Splitting it down into days/visits, here's what I can think off the top of my head that I've done:

London Eye
London Dungeons
Thorpe Park x 2
Chessington x 1
Alton Towers x 8 (approx, maybe more?)

I've managed to do most Tussauds/Merlin things in my many years as a passholder, including Madame Tussauds, Great Yarmouth Sealife, Birmingham Sealife and the London Aquarium.

I don't mind paying the money they ask for, as I do think its value for money. With parking and the discounts on top, its a bloomin' life saver!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I was just wondering how much a premium merlin annuel pass is at the monument (as if the 8th of October I will be renewing my towers up to a merlin pass)

josht said:
I was just wondering how much a premium merlin annuel pass is at the monument (as if the 8th of October I will be renewing my towers up to a merlin pass)

Standard Individual: £140.40
Premium Individual: 172.80

For more info:
http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/new-p ... lance.aspx

Hope this helps :)

Lottie. said:
Last year was the first year I had a Merlin Annual Pass, but I had the standard. When I went for my renewal in March, I upgraded to a Premium just for the free car parking.

So far I've only done:
Thorpe x3
Chessington x1

Although I will be visiting the London Attractions and Alton Towers later on in the year. And of course I will be making re-visits to Thorpe and Chessington as well. :)

Thought I would update this :p

Thorpe Park x9
Chessington x4
Legoland Windsor
Alton Towers x3
London Eye
Weymouth Tower
Weymouth Sealife

Plenty more visits to come ;)

Lottie. said:
josht said:

Standard Individual: £140.40
Premium Individual: 172.80

For more info:
http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/new-p ... lance.aspx

Hope this helps :)

Lottie. said:
Last year was the first year I had a Merlin Annual Pass, but I had the standard. When I went for my renewal in March, I upgraded to a Premium just for the free car parking.

So far I've only done:
Thorpe x3
Chessington x1

Although I will be visiting the London Attractions and Alton Towers later on in the year. And of course I will be making re-visits to Thorpe and Chessington as well. :)

Thought I would update this :p

Thorpe Park x9
Chessington x4
Legoland Windsor
Alton Towers x3
London Eye
Weymouth Tower
Weymouth Sealife

Plenty more visits to come ;)
Ah thank you :)

My Premium MAP has just ran out. I managed:

Alton Towers x10
Chessington World of Adventures x3
Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester x2
Thorpe Park (popped in to ride The Swarm) x1
Legoland Windsor x1
London Dungeons x1
Warwick Castle x1
London Eye x1
Madame Tussauds London x1
Blackpool Tower x1
Blackpool Dungeons x1
SeaLife Blackpool x1
Madame Tussauds Blackpool x1
SeaLife Birmingham x1

Absolutely love my MAP. Without it, I'd have probably visited Alton Towers and Chessington a couple of times and that would probably be it.

:)

My count at a guess is.

Towers x 12
Thorpe x 3
Chessie x 1
London dungeon x 1
London eye x 1
Warwick castle x 1 (including Castle Dungeon)

Certainly have plans for Blackpool attractions this weekend and probably 7 to 10 more towers visits that's a huge saving.

Oh yeah, forgot I'd been to Warwick Castle and their Dungeons! Chuck that on my count :p

There was a time in 2009 & 2010 I was up at Towers every Sunday... good old Sunday club *sigh*. I really don't feel I've gotten my worth out of my pass this year!

The only time I was REALLY grateful for it was the day I shot up to Towers after work to get a teddybear from the shop... and realised ride close was an hour later than I expected, so got a last minute ride on Oblivion by sprinting down to X-Sector :D.