• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Doctor Who

Guess who the next Doctor is....

Kris Marshall! He was one of the detective's in death in paradise, now we know why he left. He did say he was going to do an investigation! I'm excited. (Well Strong Rumours suggest...)

EDIT(16/7): Wrong, lol. Well this post is abit embrasesing....

Last edited:
Its going to be Georgia Moffat. Adding a new dynamic to the companion love for the doctor :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The question is will the doctor have a child with nardol :D (jj)

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Capaldi did nothing wrong. He did amazing with the piss poor scripts Moffat and his group of sci-fi writing buddies. That simply failed him and us fans. Hope Jodie is given a chance and good scripts to work with.

I'll admit that I don't watch Doctor Who, but even so, I'm horrified at the disgusting vitriol which has emerged from various sources over the fact that the new Doctor will be a woman. I honestly don't see what the problem is. So long as she does the role justice, that's the most important thing of all. Yes, every single Doctor before has been male, but there was always going to be a time when the next one was a woman, and that time has now come. I've also seen how quite a few people won't be watching Jodie Whittaker as the new Doctor because they believe the role should always be played by a man, and quite frankly, I'm rather saddened by that. At least give her a chance first before making up your minds!

A lot of Whovians are old men now who were bought up in an era where men ruled, you will never change their attitude, the best way to change a generations ingrained attitude to something is to just ignore them until they die off, problem solved.

I am assuming that a lot of the haters are the older Whovians though, and not the younger generation.

Personally I quiet like the idea, although I think Oliver Coleman would have been a better fit to the role of a cranky timelord, she does cranky well.

The same thing happened when they cast Katie Sackoff as Starbuck in the BSG remake, then a couple years in the same lot were saying what a good job she was doing.

To be honest, I hate the show but I like the idea of having a female Doctor, it's just a different gender. It's like when people were complaining about a black James Bond, it's just a skin colour so who cares (plus I think a black James Bond would be pretty cool tbh).

Hmm, I feel it's the reason the doctor is a woman that is bothering people rather than sexism. (At least I hope so!)

The show has become overly preachy about so called social justice issues recently and I can see why that might be bothering folk. Take bill, a great character, but had to make a point about sexuality/gender in every episode, something that doesn't reflect real LGBT people, it's embarrassing and not inclusive in any way. Making a big deal out of something that isn't. Just calling people "LGBT people" is insulting and segregating in and of itself come to think of it, the term should even have to be used!

Yes there will always be those who can't handle change, and who are all to often sexist, but the fact that Jodie has declared herself foremost as a "feminist" it's not hard to see why people are switched off by the stuff being forced down people's throats. You can understand why the BBC is accused of pandering.

;)

I've no problem with the gender, all that matters is whether we get a good actor for the part.

The Time Lord has now become The Time Lady

I have no real view on the choice, as I actually have no viewing experience of Jodie Whittaker. Same as I had no opinion of Smith before he started, but quickly decided he was terrible, and had no opinion on Capaldi before he started, but quickly decided he was excellent.

I am highly suspicious as to the reasoning behind the choice though, and I suspect that's what many complaining are really unhappy about, albeit that their not explaining themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand why people are saying that the BBC are pandering to a certain market. But I really think it’s more than that. Whenever I had a conversation about the Doctor becoming a women. I always called it narrow minded. I always said the conversation should be can the doctor be anything other than a white man. Yes he can. Of course he can. It’s a fictional character. You can do whatever you want to it.

A above post complained that the show is overly preachy on social issues. I can say that actually it always has been. It was first produced by a women, who people thought that she slept her to the top. But she got there through hard work and being good at her job. Bit like this nowadays. No women it seems to get a high profile job in a company without somebody saying she slept her way there. It also had A Indian, gay Director. Which in 1963, was very, very rare in any business never mind show business. Various female companions have had strengths in which other shows would have been played by men. Scientific advisor, investigative Journalist etc. and a lot of them can be seen as feminists themselves. Sarah Jane Smith for example.

The programme has always been preachy about things. Because let’s be honest it was a programme that was made to educate younger people. To teach them right and wrong. To teach them that you should fight for what you think is right. To show them through History there were evil dictators, that want you to be like them (Daleks and Cybermen.) Most of all, it teaches us that we are all equal, we all unique. Don’t ever let someone tell you there way is better.

Jodie has come out says she is a feminist. Good, her doctor needs to be strong women. Getting her own way in the world. The scripts will be obviously full off men, not wanting to take orders from a women. She’ll need that spirit to show them that they do need to listen to her. She’ll also need that spirit for all the people on twitter, Facebook even towerssteet that think a women should be nowhere the role. Life is like that. Happened in the 90’s with Star trek Voyager. Happened last year with Ghostbusters (although that film should be warning to new producer that women won’t be accepted with a bad script and bad direction) This is a good thing, it’s got people talking about the show. It will maybe bring people who never shown interest in the show to watch. You never know, she could be the next Ellen Ripley. Let’s give her chance!