• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dollywood: General Discussion

It's nice to see more attractions using on-board audio. This rollercoaster will definitely be more immersive than most of Wildwood Grove, especially Dragon Flier.

Last edited:
Here's some good pictures of Big Bear Mountain on Dollywood's opening day!
Credit: u/atypicalseattlite on r/rollercoasters.
1678477955137.png
1678477979594.png

Last edited:
I think the fast/slow debate is really down to your own expectation of the ride.

This is a family coaster, and so I find it perfectly within range for that. Slow for a coaster enthusiast? Maybe. Fast for a family with young children? For sure.

I can't fault Dollywood's family focus investments, though I do think this newest addition could have benefited from a little more theming...

It looks quite snappy in some of those transitions. I was really disappointed with Firechaser and this looks much better!

This will definitely be the premier family coaster at the park, looks more fun than Firechaser. But with more terrain hugging coasters such as this there are so many more possibilities when it comes to theming, and I feel this really is a lost opportunity.

Definitely a park I want to revisit. Only been the once and it was Labour day in America when we went as it was a last minute trip we hadn't really planned. We did like 3 rides all day. It was so so busy.

Of all the parks I have visited that I'd love to return to one day....Dollywood is number 1.

Having only been once, on an incredibly busy weekend, I didn't get to fully appreciate the place but it's just a stunning location with some great rides.

I'd probably choose to go back there over Cedar Point tbh because I left Cedar Point having done everything I wanted to do.

Silver Dollar City remains my number 1 park that I haven't visited that I really want to.