• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dominic Jones, Park Director - Oakwood Theme Park Interview

I know this will probably be the wrong place to post this and also be frowned upon, but I have managed to get some time with Dominic Jones who is the Park Director at Oakwood Theme Park in Wales.

However I need to get some questions ready by tomorrow and i'm coming up empty I have a few questions written for him already however I was wondering if anyone on TSF would want to ask him anything about the park.

I have until 8am tomorrow to get some questions to him, if you have any please use this thread.

Many thanks
Jordan
:twirly:

Some questions:

Do you have any future plans to build another wooden coaster?

Which woodie manufacturer are you most impressed with at the minute?

What do you think Oakwood's best investment for the park has been since opening?

Sam said:
Some questions:

Do you have any future plans to build another wooden coaster?

Which woodie manufacturer are you most impressed with at the minute?

What do you think Oakwood's best investment for the park has been since opening?

Thanks Sam I will add them in! :)

After the quality of some of the themeing in Neverland, are there any plans to work on previous attractions to landscape or theme them?

What prompted the decision to choose Peter Pan as the theme for the new family area?

What are the main aims for Oakwood in the future?

Vicky said:
What prompted the decision to choose Peter Pan as the theme for the new family area?

I think I can answer that one myself...

Wikipedia said:
The UK copyright originally expired at the end of 1987 (50 years after Barrie's death), but was revived in 1995 through 31 December 2007 by a directive to harmonise copyright laws within the EU.

;)

Post your interview here please Jordan! :)

heres a question for him.

Did they know before John wardley book came out that the welsh tourist board thought Oakwood was "obviously a non-starter" and wanted John to write a report saying it was a non-starter?

Thanks for that.

Not really giving much away about the future, which makes me wonder if they do have much of a plan tbh. As for re-theming sky leap into moon landings, hardly something to brag about, its the same old tired slide, same old barn, just with a space rocket painted on the inside, woopie doo.

They need to be seriously doing something about the deserted area around Voodoo Mansion which looks more like a travelling funfair ghost train every year, and invest in some more big rides and decent toilet facilities.

I had to chuckle at number 8! :p Glad to hear that they're interested in a second wooden coaster too.

Great interview! :)