• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet Drayton Manor Park: Sunday, 3rd May 2015

Cheese

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Helix, Liseberg
You probably already know that Drayton have been thumbing through their now somewhat dog-eared Zamperla catalogue again and expanded Thomas Land, and like me you're probably not interested. They still have plenty that is of interest though, and over the past four years I've had some enjoyable days there. I'm aware that some people might want to save the park for the August meet, and that's fair enough as that's always a good weekend, but I wondered whether anyone would fancy a trip sooner than that?

This month the park hours are 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM, with rides opening at 10:30.

Online prices are as follows:
7 days or more in advance: £20.00
Less than 7 days in advance: £25.00

I've suggested the 25th as it's short notice now for this weekend and I'd rather pay a bit less to get in. We could meet at McDonald's Birmingham Road, Lichfield as we usually do on Drayton trips, ideally some time between 9:00 and 9:30. It's worth trying to get to the park earlyish, seeing as the queue to get into the car parks is often very long. After park close we could perhaps go to The Grill (Inn), which I've never tried but I've heard is quite a thrill!

I did check prices for Rugeley Travelodge for the Friday and Saturday nights. It's not cheap as they're down to their last few rooms (£68.00 Friday, £76.00 Sunday), but I could be tempted by an evening at the 'Spoons if anyone's interested.

I would and really want to go to Drayton soon as I've not been for years and can't make the summer meet there, but I'm at a wedding that day so can't unfortunately. :(

Hmm, I'm tempted. I'd most likely be walking in from Wilnecote (often quicker than driving the same distance!), so would be entering at the Apocalypse end.

I'm tempted by this also. I will have to check the calendar at work before I comit myself.

It'll be £25 to book for that date from tomorrow anyway, so I'll have a think about an alternative date in the morning.

Alternative date - May - would be great! I'd also have Astro Towers availability on some dates!

Replying a bit later than planned, but how's Sunday the 3rd of May for you gents? I can't remember how busy it usually gets on bank holiday weekends.

We have done meets at DMP on bank holidays before and whilst it can get busy, they will extend either way. The only rides that get silly queues are Stormforce 10, Pirates Adventure and G-Force.

:)

Last edited:
God that's another day I can't do. :(

I'll get there at some point this year.

I have amended the topic title to reflect Dave's new choice of date - Sunday, 3rd May.

I'm rather tempted to join you for this. Fancy a road trip north for the weekend. And I'll join you for the Towers trip on Monday too!

Despite getting myself into a bit of a mess with the dates I've now booked my Drayton ticket, so further screw-ups aside I'll be there!

Can we confirm a rendezvous time for Sunday?

I would say 9:00am at McDonald's off Wall Island - with a view to arriving at Drayton Manor Park for 9:45am.

:)