• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

What do you think they'll do with the Pirate Adventure show building? Is the rude system still in there? If so, they could just retheme it to upcoming Viking area? Maybe if the new area isn't near the building, maybe a Toyland Tours/cartoon style inspired ride?

Last edited:
What do you think they'll do with the Pirate Adventure show building? Is the rude system still in there? If so, they could just retueme it to Vikings? Maybe if the new area isn't near the building, maybe a Toyland Tours/cartoon style inspired ride?

I have no idea, and you have asked that question many times before and had responses from many others about the state of the building/ride system

I have no idea, and you have asked that question many times before and had responses from many others about the state of the building/ride system
Really? I don't recall asking it previously? This is my first time asking if my memory serves me right :/

Last edited:
With the new Viking area opening at Drayton,could Excalibur finally be rethemed and reopened? Excalibur has been SBNO for over 5 years. This being said the castle is utilised at Christmas as Father Christmas’s Grotto. If Excalibur was return I’m sure the Christmas Grotto could be scrapped. A better idea for Kids meeting Santa would be on the trains within Thomas Land. Many steam railways have this type of event and very are incredibly popular.
Crap when it was open, closed for over a decade, so no.
Mechanics for the cable rusting under water for a decade as well.
Would be better tidied up and used for rowing boats and swan pedaloes.

Excalibur will never return - Pirate Adventure, well, who knows. It's been the subject of this forum topic since the first post back in 2012. Almost seems like a running joke now!

i think that is an old image as all of the wicker was on the fence in the bottom of the image when splash canyon closed when it was the whole way around i think and its not there now

Considering the trees in the photo are not of the evergreen type and are clearly in full leaf. It is pretty safe to conclude this photo was taken in the middle of the summer.

As @Matt N mentioned on the Seaword Orlando topic, there are rumours that Drayton could be receiving an Ice Breaker-style Premier Rides Swing-Launch for 2023/24, albeit even longer than Ice Breaker. Do we think this would be a good fit for the park? I personally do. :)

Drayton will not be getting a coaster like Ice breaker. The rumours point to the Apocalypse, Pandemonium and Test Track site for the new coaster and that layout will not fit on that piece of land.