• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I’m not surprised to be honest. If the big project is a coaster, which everybody wants, then we probably would have seen some sort of work commence by now. A lot of work will be required for a new coaster to be installed at Drayton. I also think Looping deserve a year off from large investments, since they have released 2 new areas in 2 years.

There isn’t many places where a new coaster could go either. The most likely places will be the Apocalypse, Pandemonium and Test Track site, or the Pirate Adventure site. I personally think the first option is more likely, I would much prefer this too.

No matter which option it may be though, there is still a huge amount of work to be done before a coaster can even be constructed. Apocalypse, Test Track and Pandemonium’s remains needs to be removed, as well as anything else in the area. The whole site will need to be flattened and substantial foundations work will be required. The same goes for if the PA site is chosen, maybe even more work.

I was just watching the TPWW construction update video again. It looks like construction of the area is coming along nicely but there is clearly still some work to do in order to have the area ready. How realistic is the opening date of the area as being “Spring 2022”, or does it seem likely to be pushed back to the summer?

I was just watching the TPWW construction update video again. It looks like construction of the area is coming along nicely but there is clearly still some work to do in order to have the area ready. How realistic is the opening date of the area as being “Spring 2022”, or does it seem likely to be pushed back to the summer?

Summer officially starts June 21st. Plenty of time I reckon. May bank holiday weekend (Queen Jubilee) I reckon it will open,

Mr Pedantic here again...
June 21st is midsummer day, with the sun at it's peak, so six weeks before that should technically be the start of summer, roughly the second week in May.
The weather men say June, July and August are the summer months, but they are usually wrong anyway.

I'm still quite sad that they aren't going to attempt to theme the ends of the Disco Coaster. Unless this is going to be addressed at a later stage and the aim at the moment is just to get the ride open.

Be interesting to see what actual maintenance has gone on the Buffalo to considering now that ride was meant to be removed how many times!

I'm still quite sad that they aren't going to attempt to theme the ends of the Disco Coaster. Unless this is going to be addressed at a later stage and the aim at the moment is just to get the ride open.

Be interesting to see what actual maintenance has gone on the Buffalo to considering now that ride was meant to be removed how many times!
Well as the track and supports were fully repainted during the 2019/20 closed season there was no point doing it again. I see the photo booth still there so they must be thinking of adding photos on the ride. Other than a new entrance, new station building and a re-themed train it will ride just the same.

Giving themselves another year does seem to be sensible. A couple of years has made a big difference. Two years ago, we were looking at a park that had removed Splash Canyon, G Force, the cable car, the big wheel, Pirate Adventure and Excalibur. Now we’re looking at a park that’s added two new areas and four new rides. Based on the artist’s impression, it’s a shame there isn’t a bigger theming piece in the Viking Area, but there’s certainly a lot for the marketing department to work with, and it feels like a full park again.

Went to Drayton Manor this afternoon. All the attractions have now been installed with theming all going in as well. By Thor was 1 of the Excalibur boats
53410925-7339-4741-8494-7A59CD532B0E.jpeg5B44C3B1-F525-4950-8F88-FFA3E0A601B1.jpegD32D8F17-20CE-406D-947B-3FE3DD33B06F.jpeg
I noticed more markings on the ground round the back of the toilet block at the top of the park and it went round the back of the function rooms so this project looks like it gonna be big
FD2494D5-544D-459C-B0E9-65E72C114804.jpeg

3BB19F9F-DB2E-4EDE-8A89-8D250A10F4DE.jpeg
Like many parks ride availability and breakdowns wasn’t good but at least some was listed on the website like Air race
89D77152-E85D-4472-805B-0823CF171EC5.jpeg
The Dodgems wasn’t open and only 1 sit down on Apocalypse was open
FE380CA5-2B85-4E47-B756-6B87FC10A0C3.jpeg
C575CC88-6764-4E18-8BA6-7F69B075BF6D.jpeg95CAA87D-7E97-4D31-BFB7-F37FBB219DD3.jpeg
Even Stormforce 10 was having major problems with it having breakdowns all day.
The cafe next to the 4D cinema had a extension
4DDADBB0-A835-491A-9CFD-A68040EC164B.jpeg
And Adventure Cove had new fences and speakers have been added around the queue lines of the other rides. Shame the big water feature at the end of the rapids was off.

Drayton should not get anything experimental or even a relatively new model for their coaster (so no Junior RMC). They are a park who have been unusually unlucky in the past in getting experimental rides that turned out to be duffers (Shockwave, G-Force, and a fair few of their other rides). They should get something tried-and-tested, because it would be incredibly unfortunate if they ended up with yet another turkey.
Went to Drayton Manor this afternoon. All the attractions have now been installed with theming all going in as well. By Thor was 1 of the Excalibur boats
Was it very foggy when you went?