• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

They have added a new blog post to accompany the new logo change....worth a read.

They have added a new blog post to accompany the new logo change....worth a read.

Was just going to post that myself, clearly explains the direction they want to take the park in. 🙂
As a mate of mine who works at the park pointed out to me, the old logo was outdated as Shockwave isn't the main attraction anymore.

Also, the old slogan was “fun family memories” which shows the Bryan’s were going down the family route, and if you read the blog you'll see Looping are doing down the family thrill route. So it’s an improvement! 😀

Last edited:
Hoenstly I found the blog post a little bit more worrying than the logo change.

Most would agree that the park had become tired and had a feeling of getting smaller before the investment of the looping group. So a rebrand was in order, it says to those that had stopped coming...look its different. Whether we like the new logo or not is a different matter and a lot of folks who are invested in a park may not like the change.

But what is slightly mroe worrying to me was the fact that the blog post seemed to be more of an advert for the new MD rather than the park. You do need a strong leader, but the best leaders are those less concerned with their own ego. I hope I am wrong on this, but with all the changes that the staff are probably feeling there will be a need to feel you are taking folks along with you.

The new branding is giving me cedar fair kinda VIBES. That said I actually don’t mind it though it’s very fresh and clean looking also can see it being easily tweaked/ themed for different events like the merlin parks. Have to wait and see how it looks on park/ at the entrance.

Hoenstly I found the blog post a little bit more worrying than the logo change.

Most would agree that the park had become tired and had a feeling of getting smaller before the investment of the looping group. So a rebrand was in order, it says to those that had stopped coming...look its different. Whether we like the new logo or not is a different matter and a lot of folks who are invested in a park may not like the change.

But what is slightly mroe worrying to me was the fact that the blog post seemed to be more of an advert for the new MD rather than the park. You do need a strong leader, but the best leaders are those less concerned with their own ego. I hope I am wrong on this, but with all the changes that the staff are probably feeling there will be a need to feel you are taking folks along with you.
I have absolutely no idea whether the new manager's good or not, but yes, I've certainly had managers who are very into 'personal branding'. Being a good leader and being good at personal branding aren't mutually exclusive, but I don't think I've ever had a manager who was good at both. It's like managers who find time to update their Linked In three times a day.

Well, hey, at least Alton Towers new logo looks great. They kept the shape of it and added more detail, which has grown on me, and I love it.

Drayton Manors new logo looks like a logo for a show that belongs on Cbeebies. I can't see this growing on anyone. They could've at least tried a logo that looked similar to Thorpe Parks old logo, heck, even chessingtons original logo. They would've fit the slogan a lot better than the new one. It's just too simple

Last edited:
I really hate this logo. Maybe it will grow on me over time but it just looks a bit crap to me. Looks more like a logo for a soft play centre not a theme park.

Weirdly I was thinking the other day that I’d be sad to see shockwave go from the branding as in my eyes it’s iconic even if shockwave isn’t the main attraction anymore, I always thought it looked so cool and screamed “this is a theme park” where’s this new logo doesn’t speak to me in that way. A few days later here we are. I guess there’s no hope of a Shockwave retrack any time soon.

Last edited:
Bingo!! And there's the problem, they intend to aim for Family Thrills, and what they're getting is Junior VIBES.

But that theory of yours is quickly pulled apart when I then go and say I also quite like it. Growing on me in fact. I am at other end of the spectrum to my son.....so that is someone who is 7 and someone who is in their 30's. So I would argue that the 'problem' you state, may not exist.

Is anyone else old enough to remember the gold Drayton Manor sign, on the racing green background at the entrance to the park? Early 90's I would say. Safe to say I have seen a fair few logo changes and you know, this is growing on me.