• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I think they do, I can’t see them taking any risks with water rides nowadays.

I agree it seems very high, I’m sure it used to be 1.2 years ago. I’ve not been on it for years because my kids aren’t 1.3 yet and don’t fancy going on alone.
I don’t know why they would be increase to 1.3. Did they do it after the splash canyon incident. Tidal wave at thorpe is only 1.2 so can’t see why stormforce can’t be. Drayton should consider this if i’m being honest.

Edit: Sorry about the previous post with nothing on it. It can be deleted.

Last edited:
Water ride height restrictions have been going up in general, Tiger Rock at Chessington for example was a 0.9m height restriction (back when it was Dragon Falls), it's now a 1.2. Congo River Rapids and The Flume at Alton Towers as well as Rumba Rapids and Loggers Leap at Thorpe Park have all had height restriction increases at some point. I can only say health and safety rules on water rides are getting stricter.
I also have a photo of me somewhere on Stormforce 10 in 2008 (when I was 5!)

I don’t know why they would be increase to 1.3. Did they do it after the splash canyon incident. Tidal wave at thorpe is only 1.2 so can’t see why stormforce can’t be. Drayton should consider this if i’m being honest.
It was 1.2 two years ago and rose to 1.3 last year. I can say this confidently as little lad was excited about going on last year but was done over by the increase. You are right that it seems strange especially with the take over as WMSP's flume is 1.2m. (WMSP don't have a 1.3 setting if memory serves being 1.2 & 1.4)

Letting him stand in a pot of manure over the winter saw him just reaching 1.3 in time for the new season. And I have to say they have been pretty rigourous in the checking. First time we went SF10 was down but we asked for a measure with the set squares to see that our home measures were correct. We were advised to get an accurate measure from guest services which we did.

If we are on about height restrictions the one I find out of whack is the dodgems. Little lad is now tall enough, but not old enough. Riders cannot ride, even accompanied until the age of 8.
They changed that rule from this season

Minimum height of 1.2m if accompanied by an adult.
Minimum height of 1.45m if unaccompanied by an adult.

They raised the height of Stormforce 10 to 1.2m at the start of the 2018 season. My daughter was tall enough in 2019 but they raised it again in 2020 to 1.3m so she had to wait to last season to ride again and cause my wife works most Sundays she not allowed on Stormforce 10 or the Rapids on her own to she’s 14.

My 2 year old went on Accelerator on Sunday for the first time, but was then annoyed that he couldn’t go on Jormungandr due to having a bigger height restriction which I thought was a bit odd.
Like that’s another rule that’s changed like it use to be minimum height of 1.0m and 4 years of age. Also the Drunken Barrels and Jormungandr didn’t have a height restriction before the 2017 season and it was so tough at the time explaining to my 4 year old daughter that she wasn’t tall enough for theses 2 rides when she been riding them no problems since she was 2.
Can’t really understand why the rapids is 1.2m tall as you got to be supervised by a adult to your 14.

Like that’s another rule that’s changed like it use to be minimum height of 1.0m and 4 years of age. Also the Drunken Barrels and Jormungandr didn’t have a height restriction before the 2017 season and it was so tough at the time explaining to my 4 year old daughter that she wasn’t tall enough for theses 2 rides when she been riding them no problems since she was 2.
Can’t really understand why the rapids is 1.2m tall as you got to be supervised by a adult to your 14.
don't forget in 2017 they had the rapids incident so all height and age requirements was going to be upped

Not sure what you are replying about?

In terms of the rapids height change, it is likely that when they got the new boats the manufacturer stated that those under X height should not ride and this may be different to the old boats.

As regards other rides it would depend upon advice from the respective manufactuerers.
No over all in theme parks round the country ride height requirements and age was changed due to the death not just the rapids

don't forget in 2017 they had the rapids incident so all height and age requirements was going to be upped
The new height requirements was in place for the start of the main 2017 (end of march) the accident didn’t happen to the 9th May so it nothing to do with it.

I think it’s got to be the park and it’s insurance company that’s agreed on the minimum height and age as Infinity Falls is listed as a min of 42ins (1.066m) to ride with someone 14+ or 48ins (roughly 1.2m) to ride on your own