• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Thanks everyone :D great advice.

Will look into booking soon. Can't wait to get a credit for shockwave and stand up apocalypse :)
If anything, I find stand-up Poccy scarier than on Hurakan Condor at PortAventura, despite Poccy only being about half the height. I have no idea why this is the case. :p I'm sure you'll love it, though, Leah. :)

If anything, I find stand-up Poccy scarier than on Hurakan Condor at PortAventura, despite Poccy only being about half the height. I have no idea why this is the case. :p I'm sure you'll love it, though, Leah. :)
I really like stand-up Poccy. I thought that the gut-lurch feeling was much more prominent in the sit-down cars than stand-up too. :)

A large warning for what usually isn't that big a deal. G-Force only has one train anyway. Admittedly the guidance on making it first ride is spot on. Dispatches are actually quite quick, but with only 12 seats available to trundle through uncomfortable mediocrity at a time the wait can often be a misery. Has to be (reluctantly) done though I guess.

Shockwave meanwhile rarely seems to run both trains, probably because it doesn't get much throughput benefit from it. It's such a clunky (literally), cumbersome hassle for the hosts to dispatch that on two trains the second waits for ages on the brake run before it can unload. Besides, anything more than about a 15 minute queue for it even on a busy day would be unusual. It's not awful by any means, but I presume most guests treat it as a 'once is enough' ride. The right techniques help; when the restraints and seats are unlocked they rise instead of falling, so before boarding pull the restraint down to your height, then put all of your weight on the 'saddle' and bend your legs slightly to give yourself a bit of suspension until it gets locked in place. When back in the station reverse the process; put your weight back on the saddle and hold the restraint down as you jump off. On the ride keep your head forward of the restraint, particularly when entering the loop, and be ready for the brake run!

It's often said that the height of Apocalypse seems to give a better ride than a lot of towers out there that are taller. I think it's because it gives the drop long enough to gain a decent whack of speed, but brakes before the acceleration slows much or your mind has started to get over the fact that you're plummeting. Does anybody know whether the stand-up floorless side is back in use? It was sheeted up on my last visit. :(

The stand up floorless was covered up last weekend.

Visited over the bank holiday queues everywhere where relatively short most things walk on or no more than a 10 minute wait. The only exceptions were G Force and the Haunting at about 20mins. It was a wet afternoon so I suspect the haunting was busier than typical for the number of guests and they seemed to only have one ride host so we had to wait for two groups ahead of us to go through the entire attraction before entering the first pre show area.

Was my first visit it over a decade (er slightly embarrassing as it's my local park), dont think that much has changed in the thrill/family thrill categories in that time (Ben 10 has been added but that's about all I can think off) but was still a good day out and worth the visit.

I suppose this is the best place to ask this even if it's not related to the park currently, so here I go:

When I first visited in 2008, I remember a ride called the black revolver. It was by far the best ride in the park in my eight year old mind (though that might be because I was eight ;)), though I can't remember what it was, or if it existed at all. I'm sure I remember queuing for ages outside a blue wooden shed with no signage, apart from a gun over the entrance to the ride. Help please, am I right? :)

Pfff, black revolver was pants. A waltzer needs people to manually spin the cars.

Now if you want a good rave on one, I suggest tracking down this baby:

yes, and thinking about it, with staff it's easier to regulate the speed and amount of spinning. they just have to be careful, though!
Go to goose fair and see about careful. I think their aim is to break your neck.
Don't think the operators know what the word regulate means

Oh, and if you want to see health and safety (or lack thereof) in action, then just go to the Kermis at Düsseldorf or Tilburg. ;)

Anyway, this is all getting a bit off-topic. :p