• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I notice there’s nothing about theses fast passes and prices on social media but they want your vote for the theme park awards.
I can understand why they doing it as the once a season visitor been and only got on 3 rides all day cause every queue 1 hr long 😂 so they giving you the option to skip the queues.

:tearsofjoy: Ah the typical I'm an expert mantra , “ I have a degree and worked as an accountant therefore I always know more than you now shut your mouth peasant”
You’re a bloke presumably in your 30s , you’re better than that. Waving your degree around as a bragging exercise
… and please by all means go all the way and rip me apart. I am a bit masochistic sometimes so maybe you'll damage my ego and turn me on as a result,
The point is, experience might make you knowledgeable in some ways but it doesn’t give you a right to shut down debate . That’s exactly what you are doing and what you have done throughout this debate. So many people have pointed out the logo change and why it's a huge change in how we see Drayton: look at the logo difference and tell me how you wouldn't see Drayton in an entirely different light if you saw it on the road, or on a map.
1659456987887.png to 1659456978122.png It's not a small change. It's completely different and almost unrecognizable in difference. Now pretend you are a person who hasn't looked up rides and theme parks for much of your adult life and ask yourself,would you notice that logo as much, would it stick in your head as much, and does it look like the kind of place that takes itself seriously. Maybe it won't cost them big time, and maybe it's not going to affect them much because they might add some cool new rides, but it could definitely reduce their radar.

...And It’s not relevant at all but since you claim it is...I’m doing a Bsc in Economics at a Russell Group uni, so yeah I’m not at your postgrad level yet but just behind it, in a similar kind of field, but not sure if that counts as 'minimal knowledge' by your standards , who cares..... On the degree point, I’ve met small and medium business owners who know way more than people with “degrees” . I've held different jobs since 2017 some part time some full time alongside studying but I don't need to tell an anonymous person online what or where I work thanks.

My point was that companies floating on the stock market (since you said all companies and not just Drayton or private) will be influenced by future expectations based on things like brand value or brand strength, hard to measure independently because of the number of factors at play, but you literally said said “no company ever failed due to rebranding” you never once defined what “fail” meant, and by saying 'all companies' you are including companies on the open market trading/isssuing liquid securities where numerous volatile factors come in to play. What's failure though? Calling the administrators? Low turnover? Large drop in stock price? Are you seriously suggesting that no public company has ever performed poorly on the stock market because investors are unconvinced by poor or misleading branding , especially if the rebrand liabilities form a big % of their revenue?. Or that speculators have never short sold a company’s stock based on the prediction of this happening following a rebrand ? That was my point, it's a factor that plays in to a company's performance on primary and secondary financial markets. You said it's never happened under your watch in the BR, but that's just an anecdote.
There are numerous historical cases of major rebranding being the instigator of stock price shocks , lower turnover, and changing the direction of company performance. Clearly you haven’t been paying attention to this. Even a basic google search yields results:

You have given me a good idea for an economics degree dissertation next year though. The affect of rebranding on company stock value, or consumer confidence. I will see if I can investigate this and we will see who is right.

I'm not going in to any more discussion here because its not fair on people talking about Drayton, if you want to 'rip me apart' start a topic on it somewhere else . Case closed :)

Have the water effects been turned off on the rapids again? I get the feeling that this will keep happening because without seat belts inevitably some people are going to stand up when water is directed at them.

Case closed? Jesus..... I wasn't aware this was a court.

No debate was ever shut down as there was never an opportunity to start one. I certainly don't know it all and don't pretend to.

I'm more than happy to help you with any studies you may have. I am not here for any argument. I just feel that there should two sides to a debate yet only one side was being forced. Your side.

Anyhow....

Last edited:
Well the looping group brought a older coaster at Pleasure wood hills back to life after it was left SNBO so they not gonna replace a coaster that running fine and been themed to suit the new area. We be easily seeing the coaster celebrate its 40th birthday.
They really got to get this big project right for the 2024 season as it’s replacing 2 attractions that the older family members really enjoyed and they only have maelstrom and shockwave to enjoy with Stormforce 10 and the rapids with older family members to they over the age of 14.

Problem is with Jormungandr is that it is really rough, it really throws you about in a painful way. The profiling on the track is awful. For this reason I would argue that it is not running fine. It has worse profiling than some of the old coat hanger designed Arrow coasters, that is saying something.

I understand why they did it, but I do not agree with it. They have basically polished a turd. It is a coaster that was built by a company who had basically no experience in building coasters. The roughness of that really shows now. It always did to be fair.

Problem is with Jormungandr is that it is really rough, it really throws you about in a painful way. The profiling on the track is awful. For this reason I would argue that it is not running fine. It has worse profiling than some of the old coat hanger designed Arrow coasters, that is saying something.

I understand why they did it, but I do not agree with it. They have basically polished a turd. It is a coaster that was built by a company who had basically no experience in building coasters. The roughness of that really shows now. It always did to be fair.
I’m 6”4, and when I ride it I always feel like my knees are going to need removing. It’s significantly bad at the last double helix just before you get back to the station.

It’s also always made me laugh how the straight bit of track as you leave the lake section is at a 5-7 degree angle.

Is the motor broken on it or something? Or at very least, is it showing its age a tad?

I only wondered because Jormungandr seems to really struggle through parts of the ride. For instance, I can’t imagine it goes much above 10mph through the bits above the Vikings entrance, and it feels like it’s nearly going to stall when it leaves the station and comes out of the lake section.

The buffalo coaster doesn’t have motors. Instead, each car contains a hamster in a wheel running as fast as it can. This is connected to a belt which drives the tyres running down the centre of the train.

At the end of each ride the train stops while the hamsters are fed, watered or replaced from the pit beneath the track. This takes time, hence why you can’t send two trains in quick succession. Often this will result in a large queue forming at the entrance.

The shortened train is the result of The Great Hamster Depression where many rodents were put out of work.

At least, that’s how it feels when you’re riding it. Silbermine and PL ran faster than that thing does.
Ok, the motor is probably knackered, I hope the park do splash out the cash to replace it. (Not holding my breath though).

Crap kiddie coaster they promised to replace twenty years ago now made even more crap.
It is no exaggeration to say I used to ride this 30 years ago, I'm flabbergasted it is still going.
The big guy at the back used to scare me more than the ride :)
It must be one the best Return On Investments a park has ever seen though? I wonder what it cost back then, £50,000/£100,000?

Well the looping group brought a older coaster at Pleasure wood hills back to life after it was left SNBO so they not gonna replace a coaster that running fine and been themed to suit the new area. We be easily seeing the coaster celebrate its 40th birthday.
They really got to get this big project right for the 2024 season as it’s replacing 2 attractions that the older family members really enjoyed and they only have maelstrom and shockwave to enjoy with Stormforce 10 and the rapids with older family members to they over the age of 14.
actually its replacing 3 the ferris wheel/test track site to

zamperla has made loads of coasters

67f5f0739c78394cb327d29f20c629aa.jpg

Not sure this was the wisest social media reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jurminbuffalo )as I am calling it now) will probably be here for a few more years, they've bothered to theme in into the area but at the same time it is knackered and I doubt theres a lot they can do about that. I imagine we will see it stay for a least a few more seasons but I still think it's time is limited.

:tearsofjoy: Ah the typical I'm an expert mantra , “ I have a degree and worked as an accountant therefore I always know more than you now shut your mouth peasant”
You’re a bloke presumably in your 30s , you’re better than that. Waving your degree around as a bragging exercise
… and please by all means go all the way and rip me apart. I am a bit masochistic sometimes so maybe you'll damage my ego and turn me on as a result,
The point is, experience might make you knowledgeable in some ways but it doesn’t give you a right to shut down debate . That’s exactly what you are doing and what you have done throughout this debate. So many people have pointed out the logo change and why it's a huge change in how we see Drayton: look at the logo difference and tell me how you wouldn't see Drayton in an entirely different light if you saw it on the road, or on a map.
1659456987887.png to 1659456978122.png It's not a small change. It's completely different and almost unrecognizable in difference. Now pretend you are a person who hasn't looked up rides and theme parks for much of your adult life and ask yourself,would you notice that logo as much, would it stick in your head as much, and does it look like the kind of place that takes itself seriously. Maybe it won't cost them big time, and maybe it's not going to affect them much because they might add some cool new rides, but it could definitely reduce their radar.

...And It’s not relevant at all but since you claim it is...I’m doing a Bsc in Economics at a Russell Group uni, so yeah I’m not at your postgrad level yet but just behind it, in a similar kind of field, but not sure if that counts as 'minimal knowledge' by your standards , who cares..... On the degree point, I’ve met small and medium business owners who know way more than people with “degrees” . I've held different jobs since 2017 some part time some full time alongside studying but I don't need to tell an anonymous person online what or where I work thanks.

My point was that companies floating on the stock market (since you said all companies and not just Drayton or private) will be influenced by future expectations based on things like brand value or brand strength, hard to measure independently because of the number of factors at play, but you literally said said “no company ever failed due to rebranding” you never once defined what “fail” meant, and by saying 'all companies' you are including companies on the open market trading/isssuing liquid securities where numerous volatile factors come in to play. What's failure though? Calling the administrators? Low turnover? Large drop in stock price? Are you seriously suggesting that no public company has ever performed poorly on the stock market because investors are unconvinced by poor or misleading branding , especially if the rebrand liabilities form a big % of their revenue?. Or that speculators have never short sold a company’s stock based on the prediction of this happening following a rebrand ? That was my point, it's a factor that plays in to a company's performance on primary and secondary financial markets. You said it's never happened under your watch in the BR, but that's just an anecdote.
There are numerous historical cases of major rebranding being the instigator of stock price shocks , lower turnover, and changing the direction of company performance. Clearly you haven’t been paying attention to this. Even a basic google search yields results:

You have given me a good idea for an economics degree dissertation next year though. The affect of rebranding on company stock value, or consumer confidence. I will see if I can investigate this and we will see who is right.

I'm not going in to any more discussion here because its not fair on people talking about Drayton, if you want to 'rip me apart' start a topic on it somewhere else . Case closed :)

Have the water effects been turned off on the rapids again? I get the feeling that this will keep happening because without seat belts inevitably some people are going to stand up when water is directed at them.

I'm not going to list my credentials but in my opinion, the old logo was dated and overly complicated and the new one is modern, fresh and simple.

I think you need to let this go now.

One thing I did notice is that the conversion to Jormungandr seemed to see the full train length reinstated.

If I’m remembering correctly, the ride was on reduced capacity when I first rode in 2018, whereas full capacity had returned by my second Drayton visit in 2022.

One thing I did notice is that the conversion to Jormungandr seemed to see the full train length reinstated.

If I’m remembering correctly, the ride was on reduced capacity when I first rode in 2018, whereas full capacity had returned by my second Drayton visit in 2022.
That might suggest it was a problem with the train that they decided not to fix previously but not they are keeping the ride for a bit longer it was worth doing to help with capacity. Drayton lacks any big throughput rides, they really do need the maximum throughput on everything on a busy summers day.