• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I think I calculated that the throughput would only be something like 300pph on two laps even if the park operated to Zamperla’s theoretical capacity standard, so it’s hardly a surprise that they only operate it on one lap on busier days.

We last went in July on a quiet day and it was doing one lap then. My little boy asked the ride operator why it wasn’t doing two and the operater told him that management had changed it to one lap. There was no que, it was walk on.

We last went in July on a quiet day and it was doing one lap then. My little boy asked the ride operator why it wasn’t doing two and the operater told him that management had changed it to one lap. There was no que, it was walk on.
odd I been riding it most of june and july on 2 laps only done it once on 1 and that was in august

Not the publicity Drayton needs currently: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/wh...s/family-boycotts-drayton-manor-over-24861596
I guess the park didn't think their offers through properly.

It is not really bad publicity for the park though is it? Anyone with half a wit can see the park are not at fault and some self entitled tit has threw their dummy out the pram because they cannot get what they want.

This article is hardly painting Drayton Manor in a bad light.

How have Drayton Manor not thought their offers through exactly? They are not the ones at fault here.

There is nothing wrong with their offers and no matter where you buy anything from, be it a supermarket, online or themepark tickets, you can nearly always never combine offers. This is no exception.

Looks as though Drayton are finally dipping there toe in the halloween market properly.

They’ve just released a teaser video on Facebook which looks potentially to be a scare attraction?

Looks like it’s filmed in The Haunting so potentially a Live Haunting for halloween?

Yes, it is certainly of a far darker tone than seen in previous years. The Haunting could do with a rework to aid capacity, and Halloween would be a great time to reboot a haunted house, but by the same token a scare experience would be nice. Even the National Forest Adventure Farm, which is very orientated to young children have some horror mazes, so it's not like there is a precedent against them opening in family parks. They also teased it in the passholder newsletter, whereas normally they just announce it all at once as a family event. Definitely looks like some change is coming this year.

Yes, it is certainly of a far darker tone than seen in previous years. The Haunting could do with a rework to aid capacity, and Halloween would be a great time to reboot a haunted house, but by the same token a scare experience would be nice. Even the National Forest Adventure Farm, which is very orientated to young children have some horror mazes, so it's not like there is a precedent against them opening in family parks. They also teased it in the passholder newsletter, whereas normally they just announce it all at once as a family event. Definitely looks like some change is coming this year.
Twin Lakes is one of the weirdest, very much a family only theme park (no adults allowed on their own) then at Halloween they have their own massive Halloween (adults only) event. It’s always weird visiting walking past all the little kids rides and theming.

But it’s nice to see Drayton getting on the Halloween bandwagon. It’s clearly a very busy time for parks.

I was curious since a lot of people want something done with PAs showbuilding, out of the 2 choices below, which would you chose?

A new version of Pirate adventure, like what happened to Piraten in Batavia.

Or would you want a new Theme in there if the ride system was restored and modernised?